Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having the 'mick' took out of you

x Tinkerbell x Abi Kayli Brandreth's Avatar

Having the 'mick' took out of you

Well, ever since i told my work mates, they have all took the mickey and had a laugh and joke about me being a crossdresser. Its all fun and i laugh along with them, but it does get annoying after abit, anyone else in the same boat?

Nope. But I hope that you continue to enjoy it, because there's no unringing that bell.
    warmly, Linnea

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki White View Post
    Well, ever since i told my work mates, they have all took the mickey and had a laugh and joke about me being a crossdresser. Its all fun and i laugh along with them, but it does get annoying after abit, anyone else in the same boat?
    they'll soon get bored and find someone/something else to take the mic on

Kieron, they wont, they have allways picked on me in a joking way, its better then them being all stropy and mean.

dang, there ain't no google translate English to American.

you know deep down inside they are jealous
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

But the cool thing is, is it could be just as bad as saying I'm a stamp collector or train spotter. It may not be "their cup of tea", but taking the mick as opposed to being utterly disgusted by it seems good thing.
    I always try to find a positive out of a situation

They dont seem to be really grossed out like a few mates were, they just took it and now make a joke out of it, on the plus side, it makes my 13hour shifts at work go faster

Better that you go with the flow and keep the laughter then to have it bother you. I worked in a post office with 80 letter carriers who all worked thier routes on foot. We are packed like sardines in the morning sorting out our mail. They always pick on two types of people, the ones that go with the flow, and the ones that it bothered the most. When they find a reason to pick on someone else, on that day you'll get a day of grace.

Oh geez, I thought by "mick" you meant Irish!

Its just banter

still, it has to be easier than living with the secret,no? Lies weigh more! Lose weight by telling the truth! Carol

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Christina2008 View Post
    But the cool thing is, is it could be just as bad as saying I'm a stamp collector or train spotter.
    LOL That's funny ... however, I have a stamp collection. I wonder where I put it. Maybe I could sell it and buy some shoes.

I always looked at being teased and picked on (or mick'd) as a form of affection. If they really didn't like you, they wouldn't bother with you at all.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abigailf View Post
    I always looked at being teased and picked on (or mick'd) as a form of affection. If they really didn't like you, they wouldn't bother with you at all.

Very true. Boys are so silly. They either use humor, force or denial to deal with things that they don't understand. They would never talk through those feelings that wouldn't be macho.

Go with their humor and play along. Be proud of who you are even if when are teased about it. Girls like you are the heros for those that are afraid to walk out the door.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Next time they do that.... Hit them with you purse!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

After the jokes, the understanding begins

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia Grey View Post
    After the jokes, the understanding begins
    And if it doesn't take Karren's advice and hit them with your purse and little stomp on a toe with a high heel never hurts either.

Thing is, im not Becki at work, im basic boring Aaron

Aaron needs a European shoulder bag (AKA Satchel or murse) to hit them with.....

Here we'd head to DisneyLand to "take the Mickey."
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki White
    [SIZE="2"]I’m fortunate to be self employed, thanks. I wouldn’t “come out” to my workmates under any circumstances, unless, of course, I worked in an atmosphere of creativity that fostered free thinking and tolerance. I do present myself as a somewhat effeminate male to my sister here at home (well, it’s my workplace), and she kids me in a loving way – does that count?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Christina2008
    But the cool thing is, is it could be just as bad as saying I'm a stamp collector or train spotter.
    [SIZE="2"]I confess I have been both a stamp collector and a train spotter, but I’ve learned to control myself…[/SIZE]

Or hit them with you bag of quarters. lol

So? I carry a purse to work and I'm definitely male there. It carries everything I might need at work and is a good place to keep anything I need to take to work with me but not have on me while working (like my phone). All of my coworkers that have seen me carry it know what it is at a glance as we used to sell it (I work in a gift shop at one of the theme parks in Central Florida).

Quote Originally Posted by shorty82 View Post
    So? I carry a purse to work and I'm definitely male there. It carries everything I might need at work and is a good place to keep anything I need to take to work with me but not have on me while working (like my phone). All of my coworkers that have seen me carry it know what it is at a glance as we used to sell it (I work in a gift shop at one of the theme parks in Central Florida).

I poked fun at carry a bag en drab in my post only because I also carry one en drab. Its amazing how much grief you intially get for it but once the "guys" figure out how handy it is they start to envy it. I love having everthing in one place. Indiana Jones carries a purse why can't I when I am en drab.

Becky,I think just the act of telling your workmates shows what a gutsy person you are. I give you a supersize cup of respect and admiration for that!

I guess lots of people try to have at least a bit of fun at work to pass the day a little quicker,,,it's a shame it's at your expense, but at least you can put a positive spin on it,,,and like the others say, if it gets worse, just handbag them in the balls!!
    x flic x