Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Well has the wife taken the news that your a Crossdresser

I agree, move very slowly and respect her boundries, let her set the tone. And there is no problem other than you've been alone with this, baby steps honey... Carol

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    she has grown to realize that some of her favorite things about me are my feminine traits. I had a good friend who is gay explain to me that we owe our loved ones as my time to come to terms with who we are as it took us to accept ourselves. I think that is so true.
    Very wise words indeed! Melissa and I were talking about this last night. Her femme side in combination with her male side is what makes her such an incredible person. It's why she understands me so well.

I think every partner goes through various stages of hurt, denial, adjustment, denial, adjustment, inquisitive, adjustment, avoidance, adjustment, acceptance. And I hope that they do get to the end of the journey to find some sort of level of acceptance but it does take time. how much time is dependent on the two people involved.

I was supportive of melissa from the get go. As she says, I didn't just tolerate her, I embraced her. But I know I'm not the norm. I have gone through periods of insecurity about a few things concerning Melissa that happened before we were together but all it took was communication to clear things up. We dialogue very well together. The deal is always that I'm honest about the things I feel the need to ask and she's always honest with her answers.

Time, space, and communication are a good recipe for compromise, tolerance, and hopefully acceptance. Good luck to you.
    "We will live how we want. We are who we are."

Melissamncd ~ Love of my life and partner in crime

Red face Update

Hi there

Just a small note to let you know what was happing in my life.
    The wife returned home on thursday and things are not going good at home sorry to say.
    I went back home to my mothers for the xmas holidays as she had gone to my sisters for the christmas perid, had a car problem on the main road just going into town, pulled over to the side of the road and got out just as a cop was passing, he then turned around and pulled up behind my car and got out and offered a hand,(I was dumbfounded) he then asked for my name i replyed in my own voice ,so had a breath test and had my drivers licence checked.
    Im quite worred what was said on the police radio as a lot of my friend and work colleges have scanners or access to police channels.
    I then got to my mothers and my sister and partner geated me,this i didnt expect at all but it went well, had a long chat and she said she has know about me for years. she just didnt want to say anything,she even wants to take me out as she says it not wise to go out by your self.
    so there you go

bye
    Geneva

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44936757@N07/

My wife is okay with the panties as long as they do not look girly. She says that I can dress in my other things as long as I do it out of her view. She has gone out and bought things for me, but again when she does they are always black, brown, and white. I'm hoping she will get me a dress soon or go with me to buy one. She bought me spandex leggings the other day loved getting that surprise.

I told my wife before we got married. Once, a girlfriend outed me to all my friends, then I didn't have any friends. So, I decided to tell all women. If they didn't like it, or at least think it's okay, to hell with them. So, I told her, her response was, "So?". Meaning that that is who I am and she loves me, not the image of me.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Well, my telling was a total disaster but not because of the crossdressing. I found out my wife had actually known for about a year and had already dealt with it and was waiting for me to feel okay in telling her.
    Of course when I did come clean with my secret she came clean with hers.

We have a truce now and are working on some issues. Oddly enough she is okay with the crossdressing and I can hang my girl clothes up in the closet and talk openly about it. She just isn't ready to see me dressed.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8