Thread: The casual look

The casual look

Can you look casual like a genuine woman? This is my latest "project" and latest challenge. How to look "casual" but still look somewhat classy. Women can do it with ease it seems.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi Denise ..I think I can and it is actually easy..doesn't have to be pants either ..the right type skirt can tone down a look amazingly.. yet be classy enough to pretty much take you anywhere ..I,ve done both ..as far as make-up..little bit of liner and mascara..light lip gloss ..away we go ..I find it easier then doing the full party time look and it actual makes me feel more at ease as far as going out and about

Sher has made sme good points, but also have a think about jewerly putting on a small necklace and perhaps earings can make the casual look classy without going over board.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Don't get me started... Ohh I can look casual but why? Trying to look like a woman who dresses more like a guy is just not what I want to do.. Casual is over rated imho.. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Depends what your doing Karen..we have gone to outdoor concerts ..parades etc...or just hanging out in mainstream parks ...look kinda odd all done up like a doll.. when everyone else is in chill mode ...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Don't get me started... Ohh I can look casual but why? Trying to look like a woman who dresses more like a guy is just not what I want to do.. Casual is over rated imho.. Lol.
    Casual does not mean dressing like a man Karen
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I would suggest casual is actually a better option especially in daytime

You can still look good in the process of being casual

You can blend in a lot easier too
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Obviously to some it does
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I prefer a casual look, I guess I feel much more comfortable in earth tones and smaller jewelry, skirts or slacks are quite interchangeable.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Casual is absolutely more appropriate in the daytime...

But when you have the face of a developing nile river delta deciding to grow things every minute, heavy make-up is a dead giveaway - and so is lack of!

For me... I struggle with beard and softening my features. The shots I have taken with light make-up don't work for me...

I am strengthened by the number of GGs walking around in the day with heavy make-up... this helps... I had a high point a year ago, when I drove from Yorkshire to Essex, stopped at the services, and checked into an apartment and was "seen" at very close quarters... and there was no reaction I subsequently went walkabout for a couple of hours... brilliant!

You have to underplay things for day, I agree... but for me I look better at night... shadows are very kind!

xx
    Last edited by Kaz; 02-21-2010 at 01:58 PM.

i like the casual look. jeans and a nice top make me feel more comfortable and more feminine. i look too much like a guy in a dress when wearing a dress...lol.
    <3 Jenny

I have to dress for work five days a week, I like the casual look on the weekends. Jeans, a cute top, flats or tennies.... Sans make-up most of the time except for lip gloss.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    Can you look casual like a genuine woman? This is my latest "project" and latest challenge. How to look "casual" but still look somewhat classy. Women can do it with ease it seems.
    A great topic, Denise! Casual to Business Casual is where I spend most of my time these days.

I think part of the "trick" is to develop a small set of "go to" looks that you put together quickly. A selection of casual skirts, pants, and jeans that you can rely on, along with a few tops that work for you, about 4-6 pairs of coordinating shoes, and a drawer full of casual jewelry, simple stuff that goes with your look. Add in a purse that will coordinate with all of the above so you don't have to worry about changing purses, and you should be "good to go."

Another part of the "trick" is to shop for tops, in a limited set of styles, that go with your basic bottoms and your basic color scheme. That way you change with the seasons and keep your look fresh.

Oh, yeah, and then put everything on a "rotation" so your favorites don't come up too often!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I totally agree with you in principle Karren, in that I would love to see everyone dressed up rather than dressed down. But women dress, and are judged, primarily by other women and if you stray too far you get excluded from the group. Given how hard it is for any of us to get into a group, the last thing we can afford is to get excluded.

I do often dream of working in an office somewhere and spending life in skirts and heels, but, sigh, I'm a homemaker prowling the shops and markets and having lunch with my friends.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

As the saying go`s "Horse`s for Coarse`s" it all depends on where you are and what you are doing , one style would look right in one place as another would look right in another place .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

a casual look!!! that is one thing i would like to master. i want to go out in day time and interact with people, so a good casual look is a must. Sadly i'm not sure how to do it, but i'm working on it (at the moment i just try to learn how gg's do it and i must admit that lately my attention is more on girls' clothes than in girls )

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    No I cannot look like a casual woman. I am trying though, it's just going to be a long process for me. Especially after looking at my casual pictures that I take without globs of make up. Very long.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Hi Denise, I agree with you. When I shop for clothes, I shop with that "casual chic" ideal in mind. I disagree with some of the people who said casual is masculine. I think casual can be very feminine, you just need to know what to pick and what to do with it to make it work!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post

Tell that to my wife!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Classically casual? Sure!

You certainly can go casual. Just go out shopping and running errands in your local area, or to some event, and observe. Expecially look for the GG's in your age group. What are they wearing? How much (if any) and what kind of make up? Jewelry and accessories?

Amongst the crowds you should be able to spot least a few who are what you'd like to emulate. They don't really stand out, except they have that something special that catches your eye.

When you find one that makes something inside yourself exclaim "That's how I want to be!", note well how she has got herself together. Then you'll know what you need to do.

The result should be that you can feel very feminine, classy, yet belonging there in the crowd.

Daisy

I can't look very casual. I need to put on the paint.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Gold Member
    Absolutely you can dress casual and still feel and look like a woman. I dress like that most of the time and save the special times for getting all decked out. I really love the casual look.

Personally i am at a stage where i am trying to live as a women as much as i can so casual is necessary. I find a girly shirt and jeans feels very fem and beautiful. In fact its what I've been wearing all day.

[SIZE=2]Hmmm, I now live a relatively casual life..(believe it or not...lol) & I now dress very casually too..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I practically live in jeans, wear casual tops & casual shoes or boots for school with minimal makeup, because theres nothing too fancy needed for that... which btw, I'm not any different in that regard compared to the other 7 women in my class, and most of them are coming to class immediately after their day job..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]If I become an executive secretary, then I'll dress very appropriately for that job..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]And if it's a case of prince charming coming to take me out on a nice dinner/nightclub date, then of course I'm going to go all out & dress up in my finest for the occasion..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]This way here, when I do dress up to the 9's (which nobody has seen a picture of me doing here yet ), it's because it's for something really special & memorable.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]If it was a matter of me wanting to go all out and wearing my finest clothes & pouring the makeup on ALL the time, then I would of Seriously questioned my motives for transitioning in the 1st place.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]It's not about the clothes, jewelry & makeup for me, not anymore anyways, because it's really about something that goes far deeper than that..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]So anyway, theres nothing wrong dressing casual in my book, if that's what makes you feel comfortable, I say go for it!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]