Thread: Personal victory stories

Smile Personal victory stories

I would love to hear some of your personal victory stories. large or small steps on getting comfortable with who you are. I think it might inspire others to the next step.

I'll start...

First, I am very new to the whole cross-dressing thing. I have been wearing panties 24/7 for about a year and love it. A few months ago, I bought my first skirt at goodwill of all places and have worn it a few times when the wife was out of town.
    I have always fantasized about garters and stockings so friday, I walked into Victoria Secret and asked the sales girl for a simple black garter and matching stockings. My heart was racing a little but I made the purchase and got out of the store without fainting. I got to my car and actually managed to put the garter and stockings on in the card wearing them all the way home. My victory is that I am on day three of wearing them under my male clothes(I did get more than one pair of stockings). I can't believe how wonderful they feel. The best part was lounging on my bed last night in nothing but my panties, garter and stockings watching the football game. I have until Wednesday when my wife gets back to enjoy and I intend to make the most of it.

By the way, I figured out this morning that if you attach the stockings to the garter before you put them on it is much easier.

hi . i am so happy for you . womans clothes feel so soft and sexy . i love buying clothes . some time the wife come to . i like shopping alone it give me a buzzssssssss.
    one time i buy 5 pairs of panties,3 slips , 1 skirt and the casher just baged them up . wow good times .love deanna

PS A victory is a victory whether big or small. Be proud of yourself and hold your head high.
    Last edited by Deanna B; 01-16-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    For just over a year now I've been involved in forming a Tri-Ess group. Through this group I've come to know some wonderful people, both crossdressers and some members of their families. I had a schedule conflict last week and could only spend a little time at the monthly meeting and didn't have the opportunity to dress en femme for the occasion. I went to the meeting, visited with my 'sisters' and when I had to leave early I got a couple of hugs. My personal victory is the comfort and joy I felt knowing that I was among such good people. It didn't really matter if they would be considered odd by anyone else, they are friends. When I first started crossdressing I never would have considered getting a hug from another crossdresser as a good thing. Gradually I've given and received them when crossdressed, but being open to the good vibes of a hug when in guy mode says a lot to me about the successful integration of male/female that we occasionally discuss here.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

One victory for me was the first day that I went to a little lingerie shop and while watching panties the SA came to me and asked me what I was looking for and what size she was and without thinking about it I just said "honestly, the panties are for me", and she only smiled and helped me found some panties, so the same day with my heart racing at its maximun I just went to another little shop looking for a skirt and again when the SA asked me for "her" size I just said again "is for me"

Since this has been a 40+ year journey, I'll answer this as a top 10 (in no particular order as I haven't throught it through that well - just my brainstorm of key successes and memories.)

1. Buying shoes. I'd been able to borrow some of mom's clothes but getting those first pumps seemed like a big hurdle. Advise for the newbies: just go to Payless and try some on.
    2. Finding a good wig for me. I'd had a half dozen or so long wigs or wigs with curls that were hard to maintain or style and were always a disappointment. Finding the highlighted wig with above the shoulder length really made me feel comfortable. Advise for the newbies: find a wig shop and call to find out their policy on trying on wigs... do they like appointments or walk ins.
    3. Eye Make up. Putting on a little lipstick and powder was nice but adding eye liner, shadow, and mascara really steps up the look. Advise: Just go to Walmart or Target, pick up a basket and go buy what you want! It's easier if they have a self check out.
    4. Breast Forms - pure magic. Just find a way to get them... order of the internet, go to a local wig shop, etc. Advise: If you are looking to make a quick and cheap entry into the breast market, knee highs with bird seed will give you a rookie start.
    5. Shaving - nothing makes your body feel prettier than smooth legs, chest, underarms. Advise: None. You have to decide when you are ready for this step.
    6. Jewelry - a real easy way to add to your wardrobe. Claires or Icing or any Walmart is a cheap way to find some basics.
    7. Little Black Dress - It's a staple for a reason.
    8. First time out en femme. There are a 1000 stories about how scary and ultimately how wonderful this is. Advise: think through your schedule and what you want to accomplish.
    9. Manicure & Pedicure - When I made it to the back of the salon, took off my pumps, and started with my first pedicure, the woman next to me didn't know I was cross dressed. We ended up having a very sweet conversation and it made me feel great I'd passed that far.
    10. The ultimate: Shopping en femme. Trying on different dresses, skirts, etc. Consulting with a sales associate about what looks pretty. Telling the SA from the dressing room you need the smaller size!!!!

Ah, the memories.

Kathleen Ann
    Last edited by Kathleen Ann Trees; 01-16-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: grammer & spelling

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    I went to the meeting, visited with my 'sisters' and when I had to leave early I got a couple of hugs. My personal victory is the comfort and joy I felt knowing that I was among such good people.

I think mine is just opening up and being myself. I know it is limited because I still have one foot in the closet, but just being with other CDs and getting out has made me happier and more relaxed. That is all you can ask for in life. The rest is just details.