Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel the need to hang out with other CDs/TVs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    Over and over i have seen this to be true..

CD's are everywhere...
    Yes! And I am still amazed at how nice and how normal most of the TG people I have met are!

I would love to have other cd girls as friends here where I live. I am new to this going out idea, and it would be nice to have a friend to share it with. Going out is much more fun going with a friend or two, or three, than going alone.

While on one hand i'd be happy to keep it as my own private hobby on the other....honestly i'd enjoy to hang out with a understanding GG or cd. i'm rather timid and alone and like someone to just learn from.

This is something that I really want to do. It would be so much fun. I went out a few times a a while back. Damn, it was so much fun!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click here to experience the Ionis Supernova!

“Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.”

- Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I do not have a CD buddy or know of any other CDers in my area, although I know there is a least one local group (35 miles away). I don't know, if I need a CD buddy. Since my CDing has been a totally private affair since teenage years, it would be difficult to just reveal myself to another. Some of the responses I've read are really disturbing. I've thought about just mingling in a supposed safe environment (club), but, it seems most of them are pick up joints. Being married I'm not interested. Being straight I'm not interested in guys, who are "interested" in CDers. They are directly in conflict with my core beliefs.

The only advertisements I've ever seen on the Internet that appeal to me are the CD conventions. Total anaminity and no requirement to continue further in developing a friendship. No guys trolling for sex. The annual event in Port Angeles, WA appears to be a pleasant event, since it is an annual event, in part hosted and promoted by the town. The locals are use to it.

Somehow it is all rather confusing. Do you seek a friend just because he also wears clothes? Is there a mutual interest other than wearing feminine clothing? Great to meet once in awhile. But, all the time? If I met somebody who shared my hobbies, I wouldn't care if he was straight, gay, a cross-dresser or a woman. Ever go to one of those cocktail parties where everyone is bored out of their skulls? I'd really have to think about it.
    The problem is, Stephanie, I believe we all have those "friends" who share our interest. But speaking for myself I don't have any friend who share this specific and secret way of life. I think it's bigger than any hobby I've ever had yet it's hard to meet any like minded people. I have plenty of friends who are into the hobbies that I like and we talk all about our hobbies, this is true for everyone and I think comes by default! It's just sad to easily find friends who can relate to you with your, say, music hobby but not with your Crossdressing/Transvestite way of life. Which I believe takes a greater part of myself and my life than any hobby.

It gets even harder when where you live, by law, you are to be sent to prison for just being en-femme

I don't feel a need to hang out with other CDs but it would be nice to sit and talk now and then. I only had actual face time with one other CD. It was at his house and as my wardrobe is limited

he let me try on some of his extensive treasure trove of clothing. Alas he moved away so no hanging out.

Vieja

It would be nice to have a CD girlfriend but I don't think I would be comfortable in a group. Would love to have a GG friend.

For the most part, I'm satisfied with my makeup and dressup endeavors, and I've been out in public and into shops and a club to my satisfaction and I'm now pretty happy playing dressup in private. The one thing left on my crossdresser bucket list is to have a small group of cd friends to meet with, talk to, dress up with, maybe go out with, and discuss all aspects of crossdressing with. Just looking for similar-minded cd friends.
    Ah, similar. That's the rub. What drives each of us to transform is different. And our presentation styles are vastly different. As an over-the-top pleasure dresser, I don't think I would be on the same wavelength as someone who has a strong feminine identity and wants to dress conservatively to blend. Someone like me would be a better companion for me.
    So it won't be as easy as just finding a local cd who also wants to meet. A lot of communication first. Looking for a good match.
    I don't think it will happen.

Having joined and went to many meetings of crossdressers i have found all of us are normal people , some just a little different, but all SISTERS at heart. helped me understand i AM normal. all friends forever. luv Roberta

Silver Member
    I wouldn't mind having an anonymous CD cantact (Karren comes to mind) just to run things by and get another's veiw. I find her and I are of the same mind quite often. As for meeeting another CD for a chat I don't see a need. My therapy office used to have a group meeting once a month and I always passed on it for a couple of reasons. The night of the week was bad and I did have a fear that I might meet someone I knew! Lossing my confidentiality is of a great concern. A friend and confidant one minute may not be the next, call me a skeptic. I never devulge true personal details in my travels.
    Now having a GG girlfriend (strickly non sexual) would be fantastic. But again that would need to be anonymous from my end.

looking for friends Chrissy be good's Avatar
    I would love to have a CD friend. I'm not one for bars or clubs and pretty much a homebody, but it would be awesome to be able to chill out at a friend's house. I've thought about placing a Craigslist ad in the plutonic section, but that scares the hell out of me, and can only imagine the responses I'd get. The forums here have helped alot, making me realize that I'm not alone with some of the feelings I have, and have had very similar experiences, but nothing seems to beat that face time.

I have actually posted ad's in the platonic section of Craiglist looking for women to talk to. Only emails transpired though, and to date hadn't gotten any harrassment at all.

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    I do and I`ve found a friend on this forum who lives nearby,we both hope to get the opportunity to go out together and enjoy ourselves!
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm going to get myself in trouble on this one, I would love to hang with other cders but at the present I do enjoy going out and hanging with my female nurse counterparts. They all know me and that I love this cd thing so we do have a lot of fun when we go out .
    I would rather go out with the girls than hang in a crusty bar with a bunch of make believe or wanna be jocks just has never been my forte.
    I am always cd dressed when we go out and as I said before, it is none of my business what anyone thinks I am me and that's who I will be.
    Love Mllie

PS: it is strictly plutonic not for who I get to jump in bed with.

Other than on this site, no.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny B View Post
    While on one hand i'd be happy to keep it as my own private hobby on the other....honestly i'd enjoy to hang out with a understanding GG or cd. i'm rather timid and alone and like someone to just learn from.
    I can understand that. Sometimes it's good to talk with someone who understands where you're coming from. My wife has a TS friend, that for so long I've wanted to sit down and have a talk with. My dilemma is that I don't think she is aware that I know & I don't want to "out her". So, to have a friend who is CD to talk to privately, would be wonderful.

Hugs,
    Terri

this subject has been on my mind alot lately. I was just talking to a gg friend of mine about going to boys town and seeing what happens, but i don't know if am ready for this yet. I think it would be great to have a cd friend to share thoughts with.

I would love to have a CD friend to hang out with. In the last six months I have come out to a few people I thought would be OK with Samantha.

One couple and a GG are cool with it and have no problem if I come to their houses dressed. It feels so good to be comfortable enough to forget that I’m a CD. Does that make sense?

I have also made a few acquaintances at the Clubs in Minneapolis. Again, it feels so good, not stand out and I to just be myself.

After all these years of hiding, I think its extremely important to have a group of someone’s that you can feel comfortable with, whether CD/TG or not.
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

it would be nice especially for a up and coming CD like me ... it is important to have some girls to cheer you on and motivate you. i hope to meet girls around where i live. it'd be nice
    the boy became the girl>>>> frances

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesreen View Post
    The problem is, Stephanie, I believe we all have those "friends" who share our interest. But speaking for myself I don't have any friend who share this specific and secret way of life. I think it's bigger than any hobby I've ever had yet it's hard to meet any like minded people. I have plenty of friends who are into the hobbies that I like and we talk all about our hobbies, this is true for everyone and I think comes by default! It's just sad to easily find friends who can relate to you with your, say, music hobby but not with your Crossdressing/Transvestite way of life. Which I believe takes a greater part of myself and my life than any hobby.

It gets even harder when where you live, by law, you are to be sent to prison for just being en-femme
    I do not think the vast majority of us realize the degree of anxiety or terror you must feel. The most adverse consequence I and most of us would experience would be rejection by people we care about. I can easily start over. There may be some economic consequences, but, nothing that cannot be overcome.

I am fortunate because I live in a city and state which protects minority sexual lifestyles- gay, lesbians, transsexuals and cross-dressers- from discrimination in housing and employment. Embarrassment does not equal incarceration or physical punishment.

nope.. dont need to be with other TS/TV/CD/ect to hve fun as myself.....

Quote Originally Posted by *Vanessa* View Post
    Do you feel the need to hang out with other CDs/TVs?

YES!
    yes, yes, indeed. those are the best times

Hi ,Nesreen,

Im a bit different, many of my friends are over in Austraila as iv been over there , & have been out & stayed with them most like dressing , tho i have a few who are trans, & next year i will be doing the same for about 4 weeks .allso i have other friends who are women,

like my self, & i have been invited to go see them,

Where ever i go im just accepted,

In New Zealand were i live Waimate in the south isl we do not have any trans or dresser's out & about of under 5.000 people im pretty much the only one who is different, & they all know about my self & background.

Up in christchurch 2 .1 / 2 hours by road i do know a good few both trans & dresser's , down south in Dunedin 1 . 1 / 2 hours away, i know a few there as well plus our friends who we stay with for us Jos & i & our grandaugter we are close friends , 2 women & one has a young child & its lovely being with them .

For my self, my dresser friends just accept who i am & theres no hang up's because im different, *& we talk about most normal things .

The other side is im involved with women only groups & mixed as well. i dress in 1900's & the Renaissance times so we have get to gethers & really do enjoy our selfs , & with our Renaissance group we spend a week to gether just after xmas time at a camp. over 200 people , again im the only one who comes as being different, & im well accepted,
    Tho most of my friends are woman ,

For my self im a stand alone person because it was not posible to be with trans or dresser's because of a lot of traviling so i knew many women over years of liveing here in our area so its no surprise that my friends are women .

So some times it can be hard as i found out over the last 15 years , & more so for those of you who are in county's that look down on difference's & how others need to present them selfs,

At least we have been given through the generosty of others our forums & that has been so great, so thanks to those who have made that posible,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 09-26-2011 at 06:11 AM.

For me, a little bit. I think every one who is on this board is seeking a little validation and hanging out with other CDer's can potentially fulfill that need. But the spectrum of crossdressing and the reasons for why we dress are so broad that it is difficult to find common ground much of the time. For example, I went on a Dignity cruise which was fun. It was nice being able to dress and prance around. But I was the youngest one there and so felt a little out of place. Everyone was into different aspects of dressing and that variety was great to see. But I felt that during this trip, there was a focus on a little more of the psychological aspect of why we dress. I'm just not interested in that because I don't care about why I'm dressing. I just like to do it, period. I don't need to rationalize it to myself. What I want out of dressing is to maximize the creation of my feminine illusion. For me, that's wearing the latest, trendiest clothes and shoes and applying the "in" makeup techniques. It would be nice to find others who are into dressing for same reasons, but not imperative. There was another post earlier on this thread about hanging out with GG's and perhaps that is the best situation for me. It's a process like it is for everyone else here. But I do have support and just need to get my butt in gear to create the best feminine me possible.

Hanging out with other CDs is great for support when you want to have a safe outing, be introduced to interesting places to go while dressed, and so forth. And in the early stages, it's valuable to exchange "technical" tips about how to look better, where to shop, which local stores and services are friendly and which ones to avoid, and such. Once these subjects are exhausted, though, I'm no more likely to be interested in making another crossdresser my friend than any other random stranger. I have felt a lasting connection to a few I've met (and they know who they are because we do, indeed, stay in touch), but the others with whom I don't share any other interests, experiences or just plain good vibes are like any other ship passing in the night. Still, I do continue to go on "safe" organized outings because the experience can be fun in itself, and at this point, I feel like I've become one of the older sisters who can sometimes be helpful to a newcomer. Only a couple of true, lasting friendships have ever developed from all this activity, however, and a lot of times I come home thinking I could have had a better time hanging out with a group of GGs or, in some extreme cases, just going out by myself.

- Diane