Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How different is your personality when you dress?

For me my behavior and personality stay the same, I can be annoying no matter how I'm dressed, but this is probably because I have dressed since a very young age and my emotional sensitivity was not killed by the world so I have never been cut off from my feelings and have kept the capacity to cry in joy or sorrow and in every way be utterly natural in my emotional responses even at the risk of appearing weak or immature

What does change is how I act in public. Presenting myself as a male I do not worry about being assaulted by other men but dressed as a woman I become hyper alert out of fear a male may mistake me for a woman and make sexual advances only to than discover that I am not and become enraged. My fear of violence is what changes me based on how I'm presenting but I stay the same emotionally.

Hi,

For my self its about growing , after being surpressed not able to express my self in words & being shut down , my body langauge was too none event i did not show my feelings in a way i should have been able to.

What changed. a time came, over 16 years ago to be able to show emotion feelings & the real who i was / am.

Iv grown in a way that has surprised myself to tell the truth, more so over the last 5 years, some thing i was not able to comprehend or the acceptance i have has surpased any thing i could have hoped for,

if you could see me & while talking with me youd really be able to understand what im trying to say in words,
    Very different form the young kid i was,

My clothes reflect i hope a expresson of who i am about . yet really is it the clothes ....no.... its who i am as a person.

...noeleena...

Silver Member
    A little more emotionally open, or even vulnerable perhaps, but not a personality shift per se.

Lea

When dressed, my mannerisms are more feminine, I am generally more submissive, and feel sexier.

Quote Originally Posted by noeleena View Post
    Hi,

For my self its about growing , after being surpressed not able to express my self in words & being shut down , my body langauge was too none event i did not show my feelings in a way i should have been able to.

What changed. a time came, over 16 years ago to be able to show emotion feelings & the real who i was / am.
    I'm still more expressive and emotional when dressed and probably listen to others more, but I'm finding that if there are two sides of my personality, they are merging. What did Tootsie say, I'm a better man as a woman than I was as a man?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

lets go shopping
    Im alot more calm mental and fiscally relaxed my wife has noticed how different i am and has told me after a bad stressful day of work that i should go get a shower and get dressed up for her. on the other hand i do spoil her to. when she needs to relax its not all about me. i make her a hair and nail appointment to surprise her

I find that I am calmer and usually more relaxed when dressed enfemme. I also find I am less impatient and better able to concentrate on tasks like household chores, computer issues etc
    Being Nicola is a sort of refuge from my busy life and demanding job for a few hours at least.
    Then you have to take off the girly clothes and become a man again, - until next time.
    I love being a man and doing man things, but being Nicola now and again is very important to me.

Nicola
    Last edited by Nicola; 11-19-2011 at 08:28 AM.

I for one do feel different, more as ease with myself, talk slower, walk differently I'm told, and just feel myself. I didn't really make the connection until a friend told me I'm one of her best girlfriends. We share anything when we talk and have found that no topic is off limits, from health to lingere to the newest dresses she found or the skirt I found. Makeup is also a large topic.
    Just being one of the girls when dressed, its becomeing first nature an I'm lovin it.

For me, they are almost two different personalities.

As a guy, I'm dissatisfied with myself and that causes me to not be comfortable in the male world. Call it shy, if you need an adjective for it. The result is a need to be independent of others.

Susan, on the other hand, is much more interested in engaging with others. It may not appear to be so because she has a great deal to learn about HOW to do that and she hangs back to observe and learn. But, each "Susan time" is a learning experience and I can see her already being more outgoing than I would have ever expected. A few nights ago, while trying on a potential dress purchase at a local store, Susan stepped out of the dressing room and asked the SA for her opinion of the fit and style. I even shocked myself. I would never have done that when considering a male mode clothing purchase.
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

What changes for me is being more relaxed and mentally sharper. I am able to focus better and get more done when that internal fight goes away. I also believe some of my agressive behavior takes a brief holiday.

my fem side dominates heehee, i am pretty fem in every day life, but the full blown extent of my femininity comes out every night when i dress! XD

Oh yes, I do. First off, I am happy. Next, my wife (named Rebecca, BTW) has noticed a very marked change in my body language and speech patterns while I am dressed. Like you, I sometimes wonder if that is how I am supposed to be ALL of the time.

Anna

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    I am much more outgoing and confident when en femme as opposed to being quite shy in guy mode. I've noticed that conversation is much natural and I smile more. I suppose being dressed agrees with me.

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    I am definitely a lot more confident, en femme. I feel free to completely express my emotions...which are always positive, during those times. I feel sexier, happier, and I notice that I smile a lot more.
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

i am me..no mater how i am dressed.

i would not know how to change...me. and why would I?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer529 View Post
    I feel much more relaxed, less stressed.
    I experience this same difference.