Thread: First time for everything!

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar

Wink First time for everything!

Well I did it first time out fully dressed, but no wig. Wore a hat to cover my head. Went to my therapist appointment. Oh what a rush of emotions, excitement, fear, joy, terror. I broke out in a sweat, an shakes as my heart raced with excilleration! It is almost like climaxing during sex, but way better! My therapist liked that comment when she asked how it felt going out as Trisha. We had a great time talking she commented how when I first sat down in her office I was a little figgity and after a short time I was at such ease. she was so proud of me! So this morning I was out an about for two hours between home and down town at the doctor's office. It was such fun and freeing even though I had no wig on. So I went home and down graded to male mode and went to pick up my daughter from my wife.

Tonight at midnight I went back out for a long walk with the dog all dressed up. It was a beautiful cold clear night. On my walk we pasted by a house were they let their little dog out and that dog was just barking up a storm at us. The woman living there was trying to quiet it down from behind the front door. After we passed bye the dog started back in even worst and the woman said to the dog " leave that lady alone!" I was in heaven! Just had a GREAT DAY AND NIGHT!

Hugs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trisha

What a great story Trish! I can only hope to hear more like this. Good for you!

Sounds like a great day! I can tell from how excited you are, that this is something you will be doing a lot more often. Your nails look great. I did mine last weekend and they were a mess, but mostly because Avon nail polish sucks.

Who would have thought that a barking dog would inspire a quote that I'm sure you won't soon forget Trisha;
    "Leave that lady alone."
    Congrats on going out not once, but twice!

I'm smiling for you!!

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

Hi Trisha,

Wonderful story! I don't know how others felt during their first time out, but I was at least as nervous as you -- then the exhiliaration set in. And here's a thought -- maybe your neighbor recognized you, and accepted! You have a lot to look forward to .. for me, it just gets better and better, as I hope it will for you.

And the more I am out and about, the less I care about being "found out".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Smile Thank You!

Thank you Ladies for the kind words and encouragement! The funny thing is when I came home from my therapist my neighbor right next door to me was home for lunch and was sitting in her kitchen which faces my driveway. I know she saw me, but I did not care. The one woman that saw me at midnight lives four blocks away on my regular walking route.

Have a great day!
    Hugs
    Trisha

Congratulations on your first trip out. If you haven't grown your hair out yet, you probably will want to get a nice wig. Even though I have long hair, I always feel prettier in my wig. I recommend paying for a good one, which is typically $30 to $50 for synthetic. Try a few different styles and lengths. Once you get a sense of what works for you, you can consider getting one made from human hair, typically $70-100 depending on style, length, and hair type.

I know those feelings you talk about. Even today, I get a thrill and a rush when I first go out into the light. I can pass pretty easily, but I just feel so much more free and alive when I'm out as Debbie. I'm working on my voice so that I can talk. It's still hard to remember to keep the feminine voice when I'm speaking for longer periods, especially when I'm speaking to a group.

It sounds like you are considering transition, or are in the first phases. You might want to look at the other forum for more details and support.

Debbie I would love to grow my hair back out to the length I had it before which was down to my butt. Problem is when I got sick in 2004 and had an allergic reaction to the medication I have fine thin hair on top and coarse thick curly hair on the on the sides. I was thinking on a medium length straight style.

Hugs
    Trisha

Trish, I'm so happy that you are enjoying your experiences out in the world. Your therapist deserves some credit for encouraging you, but it also took a good deal of courage on your part. Its great to find strength within yourself!

wow - what great news Trisha. Kudos to your therapist also. You look very nice indeed my friend.

Thumbs up Congrats, many happy returns

Quote Originally Posted by Longing2be-Trisha View Post
    Well I did it first time out fully dressed, but no wig. Hugs
    You know, Trisha, what makes me so happy about all this, it's the great supporting responses you are getting from the ladies here about this marvelous adventure of yours. I'm looking forward to duplicating your escapade - but on a permanent basis like you're doing now.

Congrats, many happy returns, L&R
    M.