Thread: Everything You Wanted To Know About Human Sexuality But Were Afraid To Ask. (Video)

Everything You Wanted To Know About Human Sexuality But Were Afraid To Ask. (Video)

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine found and posted this video (he didn't make it) on Facebook and I think it does a really good, if not brief, job of explaining the general differences and variations in biological sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and sexual behavior.

I think many of us sometimes struggle with grasping the complexities of human sexuality and gender, or we might have a friend or loved one who struggles with the same. Well, I think this does a good job of providing an introduction into some of these concepts and highlights that there is no "standard" when it comes to gender.

Hope you all find it as interesting as I did!

http://www.upworthy.com/everything-y...-to-ask?c=ufb1

[SIZE="1"]originally created by Hank Green for VlogBrothers[/SIZE]

That's a really good video, thanks for posting it
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Wow I'm out of breath after watching that! Good descriptions but when will society accept it? Hopefully soon.

This young person did a wonderful job of articulating the seemingly infinite diversity of sexuality, gender, sexual orientation, and sexual behavior. There were so many good take away points, including the imagery of 7 billion shiny boxes, but my favorite may be "any dichotomy is a false dichotomy".

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Good and informative, even though he talked at 250 words per minute, with gust up to 300.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Wow. That was actually a really interesting video. And never thought of asexual as a type of orientation. Now I'm intrigued. Gonna have to look up the psychology on that one

I don't like Facebook, so I can't watch the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    Good and informative, even though he talked at 250 words per minute, with gust up to 300.
    Maybe he needs a little less coffee

Quote Originally Posted by LelaK View Post
    I don't like Facebook, so I can't watch the video.
    I don't understand. What does not liking Facebook have to do with the video?
    Last edited by Jennifer W; 10-25-2012 at 02:04 PM.

What does not liking Facebook have to do with the video?
    I don't think I can see the video if it's on Facebook, unless I register with Facebook. I don't want to register with them again, because I don't like their site.

Just to throw this out: The video is not linked to Facebook, that is just where I first saw the link to it. The site is "Upworthy.com" or something...

So have no fear in viewing this video if you are averse to Facebook or other forms of social media!

You probably have to have kids (or grandkids) to know what I mean, but how come the first thing that comes to mind watching him is the character "Hammy" on Over The Hedge?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a very interesting video Amber! As I am just beginning to figure out my gender identity it brought a lot of very good points to light.

Excellent! I'm glad you found it interesting and thought-provoking!

Ive seen a few of this guy's videos.
    He's a bit of a you tube big deal, does science videos that break down seemingly hard principles into a format that most people can 'get'

This was another gem
    Samantha -x-

nice...............

I was trying to take notes, but my pencil overheated.