Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOW TO Walk Like a Woman - In Heels

Quote Originally Posted by Bree-asaurus View Post
    ... the "fetish" shoes... are designed to be debilitating. If you can walk in them, and you want to, that's cool. But they're kinda like hobble skirts... the point is to hobble you so you're more submissive to your dom... or something like that
    Oh yes, I forgot! That is correct! The Chinese used to hobble their women in shoes that were too small and the high heel made the feet look smaller - it was considered a sign of beauty to have small feet. ( Probably due the youthful implications )

I rode a unicycle when I was a kid and I tulk to platforms with no problem. I think that mite of helped me alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Adina View Post
    I do find it curious that CD's at times feel that they have the ability to tell GG's exactly what they are doing wrong and how they should dress and act in order to be feminine!
    Pretty sure I was instructing genetic males who KNOW they don't pass as a woman when they walk, how to do it more effectively. I don't see me telling women what they are doing wrong ... other than the fact that it is usually "obvious" when there is woman who "knows" how to walk in heels ... and one who looks like a draft horse walking. Otherwise runway walking coaches would not earn as much and need to spend as much time with their female clients ... teaching them how to walk ... in " a feminine way"

I'm afraid reading your description the image that comes to mind is drag queen, mincing around with their bottom poking out at a degree that makes a chiropracter think $$$$.
    A woman's buttocks "do" on average protrude more than a man's. My method is a guarantee not to forget that aspect.
    If you pass well in public at a walk, this is of no use to you. If you don't arch your back a bit and cause your butt to protrude, you may only "think" you pass ... as there may be other aspects you overlook ... and maybe people are just polite. lol

I also love it when we start telling women how they enjoy sex best.
    Actually, women told Dr. Shere Hite in her Hite Report on Female Sexuality ...that well over 50% of women ( who have experienced it ) prefer doggie style sex best. Since the Gräfenberg area is stimulated by pressure ( pushing ) and not friction ( rubbing ) and located on the anterior ( front face ) of the vaginal canal and is best "pushed" by the penis entering from the rear, with her at the angle at which nature designed this to happen.

Study after study after study shows this trend among women ( if you remove the Leo females who prefer to be on top because the like to be in control ... and are so insecurely afraid of being used )

Before you flame me... why not go and "ask" 100 women and see for yourself. ( Don't start at your Church group ...maybe outside a nightclub )

Perhaps we should ask women how and why they wear heels and how they enjoy sex best, that would be a novel approach now wouldn't it.
    We know why they wear heels. They make them feel (like they look) good. It's about feelings.
    As far as sex goes ... ignorance of the above betrays your incompetence and probably inexperience.
    Please ... if you must flame ... at least know what you're talking about.

And maybe post a nice video of your feminine walk. I'll be the first to BOW to you if it is believable.
    (Seriously ) But I bet it's not ... because you didn't explain how to do it better .... wink.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple8229 View Post

THERE HAS TO BE A REASON...a valid and palpable reality...a certain UTILITY for such wear...why else the ballet toe shoes...the exhileration of the DANCE...can we NOT look past the obsessive and ponder the beautific possibilities...? The pragmatic?
    lol. Nope. Designed so you'll buy 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple8229 View Post
    I WANT TO LEARN TO WALK IN THEM!!! THAT'S why I posed the querry to the OP...

Mayhaps some sage advice is forthcoming...from our learned coleague...let us wait and see...
    I so feel like I totally let you down. I'm Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I learned to walk in high heels by just watching models on TV walking down fashion runways and me just practicing by walking back and forth towards a full length mirror. I think there's a lot to take in but there's also a lot of good information in your post and I especially agree with practicing walking up on the balls of your feet .. sorta like 3/4 of tip toe height ... as that's what I did and it does help to get your feet and calf muscles to be comfortable in that position for long periods.

Thank you for your comments - yes - models really do show it. And when I started in heels, I was walking like a man in them and didn't understand the kinetics and balance of it all. Doing the tip toes thing really helped put it together - so I mention it again so people try it! Seems it really worked for you, too!

Quote Originally Posted by MssHyde View Post
    good advise, I didn't have any one coach me on any of this, but several of your suggestions are the way I do it. somewhat like walking down a rail road rail.

Haha - I didn't want to get them doing the Italian Runway walk yet ... but you're right - it's like a railway tie. There is a reason women's gymnastics has a BALANCE BEAM and men don't do it. Upper body / Center of Gravity / Natural step width.
    More natural for women.

Quote Originally Posted by MssHyde View Post
    but with some hip movement, toes straight ahead setting feet down squarely I wear up to 5" heels. I find 3" seem like flats after 5"
    You said it! I'd rather wear flats than a short "high heel" - or mid height heel. Check the foot angle of the shoes you like.
    It will probably be somewhere between 45 degrees and your natural tip toes angle.

Banned Read only
    Except for models on the catwalk, "real" women do not walk like you describe. Most women do take small strides, but that's it. When I'm in heels, I am forced to do the same. But watch any woman walking at the mall. It's not a catwalk, it's practical. When in heels, it is slightly more straight line with the feet. Anything exaggerated as you describe will attract attention in the wrong way.

OMG!! This looks like the instructional information I need to stop walking like an amazon...so sweet that you can put this into text with such detail great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Except for models on the catwalk, "real" women do not walk like you describe. Most women do take small strides, but that's it. When I'm in heels, I am forced to do the same. But watch any woman walking at the mall. It's not a catwalk, it's practical. When in heels, it is slightly more straight line with the feet. Anything exaggerated as you describe will attract attention in the wrong way.
    The women on the runway do a much exaggerated version of what was written, by walking one foot directly in front of the other, which causes more hip sway ( sometimes even crossing their feet over beyond "one in front of the other" for extreme hip sway ).

In contrast to how a man walks naturally ( shifting weight from side to side and forward with a definite "bob" and a wide step ) a woman shifts weight mostly just forward with very little side to side weight shift . hips gliding forward ... walking more like on a balance beam, due a narrow step width ( unless they are overweight and have a center of gravity much higher than average and need to really push with the trailing leg to cause motion ) you'll find that was my intention - to point out that aspect and allow those who don't currently feel they walk in a feminine way ( I did mention that ) to realize how to do it.

In the mall - or the sidewalk - or at work - women in heels who walk gracefully and casually do adhere to what I wrote. When they are "on a mission" and walk faster, they do increase their step length. But in order to do that right and not look awkward, a male usually will need to understand the fundamentals of how to walk in heels ( heel toe sync ) before trying for a rapid walk, or they will likely do a heel first manly walk, which is what comes naturally to them. If never shown the mechanics of how to do it any other way ... they would have very little hope.

As you can see by the positive replies, there are a few members having that issue - and it was for them that the guide was written.

I thank you for your comments.

This is a great post, have never thought about the need to keep legs pressed when walking.
    One thing though is that I've found many conflicting "guides" to heels with regard to heel first or heel-toe together.
    Seems to me that it's more natural for near simultaneous heel-toe strikes in higher heels compared to lower pairs. Is this related to the 45 degree arch mentioned? Guess I'll need to observe more ladies and their walk in differing heel heights

In short, keep that thing tucked securely away.
    #2 One foot in front of the other.

I found walking in heels easy After finding good fitting shoes.

"It is a great thing to know our vices." - Cicero

WARNING: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects or any other reasons...you DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Great post. I agree with all you have said. I'm going out tonight in heels and am going to think about your system for walking like a woman. No mater how well we move and walk like a woman we can always improve and learn. I have always enjoyed watching a well put together woman walking in heels. The shoes, ankles, legs, and hips are like a major production. Ever since I have been crossdressing I have tried very hard to accomplish the same movements and look.

Thanks for the tips, like I said in my post before I'm out in 5 inch heels tonight and I have shorten my steps and got a little more pop to my butt. Thanks for the reminder.

I found this incredibly helpful! Completely changed how I walk in even the highest heels. No more clip-clop Incidentally, yesterday I was walking down E 18th St in New York (model-central) and I noticed a lot of the girls walking down the street very much like OP described - it was a much more subtle version of what they do on the runway, but it looked flawless.

As for the heel-less wedges, I'm still convinced that those were created on a dare where one shoe designed said to another, "I bet I could get women to buy shoes that make their feet look like hooves!" I shudder to think of wearing those with my zebra striped stockings To each her own, I suppose.

It seems most women's hips sway naturally to some extent, but some got instructions on how to walk like a man. What about arm movement while walking? Anyway, this is beyond crossdressing and crossing over to female impersonation, which seems to be what many members here are doing.

I've found your first tip very helpful in adjusting my step so that one foot naturally lands in front of the other. I find that I don't have to actually watch my feet so much which is also a big plus. In the end though, I think the answer to the quesion "how to walk in heels" is the same as the answer to the question, "how to get to Carnegie Hall" .

Wendy