Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who isn't really interested in stuff like nylons and lingerie?

Am I the only one who isn't really interested in stuff like nylons and lingerie?

I mean, I do own most of these things, but they're always a means to an end. The end, of course, being whatever outfit I end up putting together. I hate seeing undergarments laying out, and keep them all together in an old pillowcase, and hate any time spent partially dressed. I guess it's because I think they make me look really stupid if that's all I'm wearing. Like the guy from Rocky Horror Picture Show or whatever.

Now granted, if you're talking about high-heeled boots, or skinny jeans, or sheath dresses with cap sleeves, I am all about obsessing over clothes like that. It's just that every time I hear someone here wax poetic about their love for teddies or garter belts, I just can't relate at all.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i get where you are coming from. I like it all but hopefully don't obsess on it. at least that's what i hope.

I also see them as a means to an end (the final outfit). But recently, with all of them on, and wig too, I saw myself in a new light and actually enjoyed it. The key was having everything matching, and wig on as well. That gave me a sense of satisfaction I usually only get while fully dressed. Have you tried that?

Yep! Your just about the only one.....lol, dana

Quote Originally Posted by Vir Nova View Post
    I mean, I do own most of these things, but they're always a means to an end. The end, of course, being whatever outfit I end up putting together. I hate seeing undergarments laying out, and keep them all together in an old pillowcase, and hate any time spent partially dressed. I guess it's because I think they make me look really stupid if that's all I'm wearing. Like the guy from Rocky Horror Picture Show or whatever.

Now granted, if you're talking about high-heeled boots, or skinny jeans, or sheath dresses with cap sleeves, I am all about obsessing over clothes like that. It's just that every time I hear someone here wax poetic about their love for teddies or garter belts, I just can't relate at all.
    Ahhhhhhhhh. The very reason we are all different, regardless of gender, color, beliefs, etc. I suspect in some small way you are saying you do not accept yourself completely for who you are and seeing a portion of the 'other you' laying about bothers you because it represents only a part of the the other gender. You want to be representing the other gender completely when dressing. Each of us have triggers that send us to the moon in bliss regarding articles of clothing/footwear, it's as normal as peanut butter.

yeah I don't get all that either as I am sitting here in my chartreuse green low neck stretch top, pink mid thigh length mini, striped legging and 13" platform heels.....

I have been here so long that if there weren't threads like that I would be shocked. Thing is that there are some people here who are physically attracted to pieces and parts of the outfits. It is what they feel CDing is about more than the whole. But they are not the majority IMHO
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Camille15 View Post
    I also see them as a means to an end (the final outfit). But recently, with all of them on, and wig too, I saw myself in a new light and actually enjoyed it. The key was having everything matching, and wig on as well. That gave me a sense of satisfaction I usually only get while fully dressed. Have you tried that?
    Oh, yeah, I still own and wear all that stuff as part of whatever my outfit is, and usually under the actual non-underwear clothes. It's just that if I feel like playing dress-up for a few hours, I rarely change the underwear part for the entire time, although I'll change the other parts, like shoes or tops or whatever, dozens of times. I mean, I can't just have my legs bare under a knee-length sweater dress, and those fake boobs aren't going to hold themselves in place. And I do own one full slip and one half slip, because of their practicality alone. I have a fair number of pairs of nylons in the basic colors, but only because they don't last very long so I'll get the six pack or whatever. So I mean, they're part of the outfit, for sure, but I just don't get the love that some people here seem to have for that stuff.

You're not alone. I don't even obsess over any of my clothes. Neither does my SO or lots of the GGs I know. Everyone has their little obsessions and if it's lingerie or shoes or books to each their own. Though it does seem like a lot of us really enjoy our hose.

That is why they make so many flavors of ice cream, some like one and some like another.
    A few seem to like all the flavors. I have found that some do not like dressing much at all, but find that in itself a means to an end
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhh. The very reason we are all different, regardless of gender, color, beliefs, etc. I suspect in some small way you are saying you do not accept yourself completely for who you are and seeing a portion of the 'other you' laying about bothers you because it represents only a part of the the other gender. You want to be representing the other gender completely when dressing. Each of us have triggers that send us to the moon in bliss regarding articles of clothing/footwear, it's as normal as peanut butter.
    I'd put it differently: A large part of the female experience is spent trying to make herself look good by society's standards, like it or not. Sure there are girls out there that wear whatever "unfashionable" clothes they like. And those girls get ridiculed mercilessly by other girls behind their backs. ("Did you SEE what she's WEARING!?")

See, the second I start to try to make myself look feminine, I start judging myself that way, and I can't get to the point where I like what I see (at least in dim lighting, or in a blurry, low-resolution webcam shot) until the outfit is put together, the wig is brushed, and the makeup applied. If I'm just wearing the underwear part, I end up horrified by my own appearance more often than not, especially if there's all the normal hair on my chest and inner legs. I just can't feel pretty unless I can look at myself, either by looking down or looking in a mirror, and liking what I see.

Valerie, I commented on your pictures in the other post, you look beautiful. But I know what you are saying, I love the lingerie and the feeling both on my skin and trying for that sexy look, but after taking pictures of myself I don't think I look good in just lingerie. But I do not have the total look like you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Allesha

For me it is all about the end result. I wear bras to work with an outfit and hold the forms, I wear hose if my legs look too pale in a skirt, I wear the underthings like a GG would I guess. Comfort and how it makes the whole thing look is what I think about.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by allesha10 View Post
    Valerie, I commented on your pictures in the other post, you look beautiful. But I know what you are saying, I love the lingerie and the feeling both on my skin and trying for that sexy look, but after taking pictures of myself I don't think I look good in just lingerie. But I do not have the total look like you do.
    Yeah, but dressing up was ultimately unsatisfying and made me feel like an idiot afterwards, until I got the total look down. But that was after a lot of work and trial-and-error on my part. It didn't all come together until I could take pictures of myself where you couldn't really see any shadow from stubble. Once I hit that mark, I think it was a lot more satisfying.

Personally, I think for a lot of us, it's more about wearing whatever the hell we like. Not me. It was always more about trying to be seen as a an attractive member of a gender that I have no business belonging to and never will. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm quoting this anecdote from my memory of reading a story written by a transsexual woman, where she joined some group of MTF TV/TG/TS people, who would meet every so often. She described most of the others in that group as "clowns", that is, they had no sense of fashion or modesty, in her opinion. The point of the story is that that's how she met her romantic partner -- she was at one of these things, and stood in stark contrast from the ones she described as "clowns" because of her appearance and demeanor.

Reading that story made me worry a little more about potentially being transsexual, since her take on appearance was so much closer to mine, and she's a transsexual. Ultimately, I hope I can make this work somehow that doesn't involve anything too radical. I've struggled with depression and suicidal ideation for a larger part of my life, and know that pretty much all transgendered people have problems with depression and over half of all transsexuals attempt suicide.

edit: But, err... sorry I ended on such a depressing note! Hey, did anyone else get to Kmart's jewelry sale for Valentine's Day? I honestly think they have the best-looking cheap jewelry of any store that sells cheap jewelry. And so much of it was on clearance! I got a silver necklace with a big diamond-looking pendant on it, with matching diamond-looking stud earrings, for $4.99!
    Last edited by Valerie Nova; 02-17-2013 at 07:24 PM.

I'm not sure I understand your point, but I'll try my best to answer anyway. I like the way I look in female undergarments, whether or not I look ridiculous. However, I don't parade around in nothing else, because it isn't very ladylike. Putting on underwear is just the first step in getting dressed. When I dress, I want to look like a normal woman, not some teenager's dream girl. Is that what you're trying to say? If so, I suspect that you're far from being alone in your sentiments.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    For me, I agree, I'm like that. And, no, Valerie, I'm NOT like that!

Until I have EVERYTHING on, I'm just a homely old guy wearing some ladies things. Under dressing? A pointless waste of energy for me. But, when I'm done up to the 9's? That's when the rockets go off!

On the other hand, when I can relax and run my hand over a nylon covered leg? How can that NOT send chills down the back of your neck? And, strutting in 5" heels is SUCH a cool feeling! There's a lot more about touching and feeling what I have on that's too personal to post.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I respect your point but I would say I don't feel the same way about it. I love seeing the undergarments laid out and love taking pictures as I get dressed...including just wearing the lingerie or whatever. I may prefer some photos over others but am never horrified by my appearance in the photos that I am not completely put together in....I know I felt good doing it and loved it. I completely respect your take though...thanks!

Those here are at different levels of the trade so to speak.
    It all depends on what turns them on initially.
    I agree Rocky Horror does not do anything for me but I do like wearing all the accoutrements that go to make up a girl.
    It is all or nothing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The nylons & high heels is a common fetish. Nothing wrong with that.

Knock yourself out, and have a blast....that's why they exist.

I have fetishes too, but it feels very separate from having a female identity. One of the things I enjoy about being a woman, when I am dressed as a woman, is the freedom of clothing choices, and experiencing being on the "other" team.
    FYI, yesterday I had a pedicure, including a full foot bath, then having my nails painted.....and I just felt so girly, and it made me feel that I am on 'Team Woman'. I can't speak for you or anyone else.

But if you like something, then that is who you are.

And lastly, do go and enjoy life. We are only here for a short time.

My bra and panties are clean, and match. My panty hose are of reasonable quality. That's about it. They're part of my clothing. I love buying really nice lingerie, but I certainly don't obcess about it. I rarely spend any time in just underwear, and l've never responded to a 'what color are your panties' thread.
    I guess priorities vary...I have twenty designer purses, and as many pairs of high end sunglasses.- Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    My bra and panties are clean, and match. My panty hose are of reasonable quality. That's about it. They're part of my clothing. I love buying really nice lingerie, but I certainly don't obcess about it. I rarely spend any time in just underwear, and l've never responded to a 'what color are your panties' thread.
    I guess priorities vary...I have twenty designer purses, and as many pairs of high end sunglasses.- Celeste
    Haha, that's great! I never really had any attraction to purses, other than that they seemed to be the female counterpart to cargo pants, and guy-me loves having so many pockets, like cargo pants have. Of course, that meant all the purses I wanted were like the kind that a mom with four kids would have... they were rated based on carrying capacity. I have a pair of cheap womens's sunglasses (I think they're cheap... they were unclaimed in a lost and found) but I've found them mostly useful for driving or walking around in public while dressed up, so I'm less recognizable.

Still, I do love clothes and jewelry, I guess because they seem like they're more and extension of yourself than say, a purse would be. I guess what I love the most, is responding to something the way a girl would, as opposed to a guy. Like say, if you get cold, throw on a tight sweater that shows off your boobs, rather than just one of my several beat up old hoodies.

No, your not the only one. And why anyone would want to know what colour MY panties are is quite beyond me
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

With you

I like tights and boots, not stockings and heels. To each her own.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I have never worn lingerie (pretty sure) I also rarely wear pantyhose. In the beginning I wore hose, but then was glad to get rid of them. They do nothing for me other than make me feel too warm - especially in crowded clubs. For the most part they are not worn by girls in clubs in NYC so why should I. I certainly don't miss them. One small benefit of clubbing as a girl is wearing less clothing. It is just more comfortable. My friends all bug me about it and lately I have given them a try but I don't know if I will keep up the trend when summer comes.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm not into the fancy lingerie or hose for that matter.
    I have some if I feel I want a complete experience but not something I wear often.
    If people like to wear it and obsess about it thats fine.

Fancy underwear does nothing for me. I suppose it would be different if I had an hour glass figure to fit inside them. Bras you will see breasts are not my own, knickers you will see my "John Thomas" under them. Why have stockings when you can have a nice pair of tights. I suppose I am more interested in the outside layer that I can see and be seen in.

Maria