Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your strangest "crossdresser's envy"?

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    My wife's ability to have multiple orgasms.

Well, you asked!
    Ewww...TMI!

I will say this, though - when it comes to doing "the deed", it is generally the men who have to do the "heavy lifting", so to speak. Stripped to its bare essentials (no pun intended - LOL!), all the woman really has to do is to show up.

More grounds for envy...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Many of us here have admitted to envying girls and women from a young age onwards for what we perceived as being their traditional gender-based "perks" - i.e. the ability to wear what they chose (and when) ...., being able to be "tomboys" ...., being given a "free pass" to express their innermost emotions ...., and being given free rein to use all manner of artificial enhancements (make-up, cosmetic surgery, pretty clothes, sexy lingerie etc.) to improve their attractiveness and appearance, ....
    I do not think any of this fits me. I started very young but I was not envious, rather, I just liked the clothes. When I was a boy, I never thought about what the girls were wearing. And as for expressing feelings, I'm a dude and happy to be that way. I never understood the crying and still don't. And as for "enhancing" I really like the fact that as a guy, I like doing very little enhancing (no one but my wife is looking anyway). 10 minutes for a shower, shave and dressing and ready for dinner! Now, when in female mode, I like the enhancing. I like the change I can make. These days, when I see a pretty woman in a great dress, I think, "that woman is very pretty. I wonder how I would look in that dress? Probably not nearly as good as her." I am not envious because I CAN do something about it. I can buy that dress. I can ask my wife how I look in it.

So maybe that is food for thought on another thread. Are cross dressers who are out to their spouse, less envious?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    There is nothing in a man's wardrobe that is expressly intended to enhance a man's sexuality.
    I disagree. You have to understand what makes a man sexually attractive to women. Except in rare cases, showing off skin and emphasizing body parts won't do it. One of the sexiest things you can wear as a man is a three piece suit. Things that make you look powerful, in control, or tough and rugged are all sexy. There is a lot of male clothing that is designed to do just that. I wear a fedora most of the time when I'm in male mode, and women always look.

I have always envied the general innocence of women. They may not see it, but thier lives do not contain near the lust for sex and power that affects most men. My wife is still amazed when I tell her that most guys probably think about sex several times a day, an hour if they are teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    I suppose we could hope for a renewed interest in the codpiece. The renaissance gals probably got a big bang out of it. I do think that a well dressed man expresses his sexuality that way, not by baring his chest, but in the way he covers it. It is his wardrobe. think about all the guys voted "sexiest man alive" by women and look at the way they dress--very classy. Cary Grant, Sean Connery, Fred Astaire, etc. The sexiest guy wasn't always the best looking guy by any means.. sadly, today, most males dress atrociously, when they do dress.
    I'm not a fan of padded codpieces, I am willing to consider something that looks right, hints, and subtly suggests, but not something that just outright screams "Hey girls! ( or guys ) Get a load of this bad boy!" I'm not ashamed of my equipment, and I'm getting to be not shy about showing it, or at least the outline when appropriate ( cycle shorts are a good example, I choose carefully, but it's gonna show, so what the heck ) But i don't think it's something you should go around flaunting in public. Same thing for girls, nicely displaying curves with style, yes, camel toes, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    I disagree. You have to understand what makes a man sexually attractive to women. Except in rare cases, showing off skin and emphasizing body parts won't do it. One of the sexiest things you can wear as a man is a three piece suit. Things that make you look powerful, in control, or tough and rugged are all sexy. There is a lot of male clothing that is designed to do just that. I wear a fedora most of the time when I'm in male mode, and women always look.
    I think most of us understand that, but this standard exists to a large extent because of social conditioning. Some of us want to be more direct about what we are displaying. If it doesn't attract all the women, thats fine, but i am happy if my GF thinks i look good.

And I am guilty about dressing atrociously, but I'm working on it.

Anyway, thats the envy I have, or had, the ability to dress sexy, or at least overtly bodily display ( not crude, but enhance ) I am these days more able to do so, and working on pushing the limits of what is acceptable, and works for my looks, so the envy is subsiding.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I don't recall being envious of girls when I was young, except maybe the fact that at a club or a dance someone else took the initiative and showed that they wanted them. However, looking back now, I do wish I could have had to freedom to wear the light fabrics, bright colors, etc., my whole life. Even now, consider jeans, with girl jeans being so much lighter in weight than guy jeans. Look at their clothing options and how they can choose the combinations that fit their mood or the weather. I'm jealous of that. Not envious of spending a week a month feeling miserable, but I am amazed how most of them get through that week without being miserable on the outside.

As a teenager I envied the cheerleaders. Uniforms, cheers the lot. Rarly a day passes by that I am not envious of the female body.......
    Kim

I'm envious of women for being able to wear whatever they want. I would love to be able to wear feminine clothes, skirts, etc. in public.

Initially, I was envious of girls being able to wear pretty clothes. As i grew older, i became envious of how girls changed as they grew up as well - specifically developing breasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Funny but I was an alter boy in the Episcopal church for years just so I could wear a dress every weekend! lol
    The trouble is as an acolyte its hard to get matching heels.

Early on I fell in love with female glasses, especially cat's eye frames. My mother first, and many other, frames were in the cat's eye style, as were many of my aunts. My mother & I were fitted for glasses at the same time. When she left a pair lying on her nightstand I would often borrow them and wre them around the house if no one was around, I wouls also borrow her lingerie, garter & hose, usually.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I would love to be able to wear lipstick, mascara, eye liner and eye shadow (and look good), so as to complement my classy and stylish see-through white blouse, with matching white embroidered demi bra to show off a reasonable amount of cleavage undern;eath; pairing this with a classic black pencil skirt which goes to mid-calf; underneath is a set of sheer black stockings held up with a black garterbelt,and; fitting into a pair of 6 inch shiny black stilletto heels. Of course, my bright red manicured nails and a wig would be in place to finish the look.
    At the end of the evening, it would be great to be 'undressed'.....
    Di

When I was in high school the boys were not allowed to wear shorts even in warmer weather so I envied the girls in that they were able to wear skirts and I had to wait until I got home to put mine on.

Omg...what a great topic, I thought I was alone in feeling envious of females at times throughout life. Well I guess it was actually pretty normal of me, I just didn't know who I was then ... I still get envy when I see a female looking striking and hot hahaha...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love each other .

I suppose that since I was pretty much "invisible" to everyone when I was growing up, I thought how nice it would be to have breasts and a cute little figure and have boys follow me around. I also noticed that even some of the plain looking girls still got attention if they dressed just right and were endowed well enough. I would have loved that kind of attention. Now, I know there were lonely and sad girls in school who were just fine looking...but that's not something I noticed. I just wanted to be a cheerleader and have a strong guy lift me up by the crotch and be able to wear short little skirts where I could flash my panties in front of hundreds of fans at a football game...(giggle)

I was always envious of girls, in my Junior and High School days, wearing their short skirts with their girdle peeking out from beneath it and the welts of their stockings showing( before pantyhose were popular). Most also wore some really sexy shoes, which has always held my fascination.

Monique

Well I'm envious of many aspect of being a woman. But my strangest one, I suppose is that I envy the way women can tie their long hair into a pony tail or on top. Yes I know men can do that too. But I can't because my hair is curly and doesn't so much get long as wide!

I also envy the fact that women don't have that annoying thing down there, getting in the way and having a mind of it's own.

Platinum Member
    Hi Leslie, Having breast would be high on my list along with beautiful long hair.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I can buy clothes, shoes, hair, and makeup, but not a great figure. The best I can do is to use shapewear, including a tightly-laced corset, to give me a waist. I like women and envy crossdressers who have a nice figure.

One piece swimsuits have always intrigued me. Jealous I cannot wear one today.

Emi

The natural lower and upper curves and shape of the female form, to be able to properly fill out the clothing, without artificial enhancements or padding. The body to fit clothing the preferences I have

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Oh this is a simple one.
    I didnt envy any one particular thing, I envied girls because they were girls and I wasnt.
    Erica

Since I'm a transsexual rather than a Cross-Dresser, my answer is a bit broader than most. Until I was 5, I just WAS a girl - with short hair. I remember admiring a girl's tights in first grade, they were black and shiny, like spandex. She even let me feel them. I wondered what it would be like to wear those, or to wear a party dress.

But at the end of first grade, I got my chance to wear tights, and immediately after, lost by ability to play with girls at all.

I longed for the days when we could giggle when we wanted to, could cry if we wanted to. We could cry when we were happy, and cry when we were sad. We didn't have to fight, and since boys couldn't hit girls, if they did hit us, they would end up getting punished, so we didn't have to fight back, but we could if we wanted.

I missed being touched. We could hug, kiss, hold hands, even just sit next to each other, touching, and just be comfortable with each other. I missed being able to color, play with barbie dolls, or even have my own baby doll. I switched to teddy bears, but it was hard not being able to sing it lullaby songs. Fortunately, I had a little baby sister, so I got to sing to her.

There were lots of things I loved to do, that I couldn't share with my friends. I could sew, crochet, knit, and do beadwork, but I couldn't show anybody. I couldn't even wear the things I made because the boys would destroy them and beat me up for being a "sissy".

I learned to cook when I was 6, do laundry when I was 7, and by the time I was 8 I did nearly all the housework. But I still had to mow the lawn with a rusted old push mower (no motor), and help my father trim the hedges.

I wanted to be pretty, having other people fuss over my pretty outfit, telling me how pretty I was.

More than anything, I missed the feeling of total peace and relaxation when I was just being a girl with another girl, helping them do something, or letting them help me do something. I'd get goose bumps all over my body and would be so relaxed I could almost fall asleep, yet I was more alert and aware than usual, experiencing peace and serenity.

Later, when I got older, I appreciated fashion as the fashion changed. The boys were so boring, but the girls would come wearing beautiful dresses, pretty skirts, a variety of stockings and hosiery, and shoes ranging from flat Mary-Janes to boots with little chunk heels. In Junior high, they girls started wearing high heels and panty-hose. The hose made their legs look so shiny and perfect, and the heels made their legs look long and muscular.

Even when girls were finally allowed to wear pants, mostly in the winter time, their pants fit better, looked better, and were softer and smoother. Boys jeans were thick and abrasive, baggy, and just disgustingly ugly. Even cotton shirts were different. The girl's blouses were lighter, thinner, and softer, while the boy's shirts felt like sandpaper soaked in starch. Every morning I would suffer through the process of getting dressed as a boy, wanting to cry, wanting to quit, even wanting to die. I'd suffer through the day. Even at night, I'd put on my thick flannel pajamas wishing I could wear acetate like my sister and my mom wore.

When I'd see a woman who was sexually attractive (to almost everybody), I would often stare, stunned by the experience. I wanted to be like her, to be her. I wanted to be able to wear what she was wearing, wear make-up that made me that beautiful, get my hair cut and styled to be beautiful, and be able to walk gracefully. I actually DID walk like she did, but when I did it, the boys AND the girls made fun of me.

Every attempt to be beautiful, to be pretty, or to do ANYTHING even SLIGHTLY feminine, would be greeted with derision. They would call me "Fairy", "Faggot", "Queer", "Queen", or "Sissy Boy". The names didn't bother me that much. Some of them actually fit. In some cases the literal meaning was accurate. I stayed indoors most of the time, avoiding the sun, so my fair skin made the term "Fairy" accurate. When I grew out my hair, it grew out long and curly, like the members of the band "Queen". Even "Sissy" which I learned was slang for "Sister" was quite accurate, since most girls saw me as a friend, more like a sister than a boyfriend.

Even sex seemed more interesting for women. I liked to read erotic stories more than I liked erotic pictures, and hearing women describe the feelings of clothes, being touched, feeling sexy and beautiful, and having orgasm after orgasm - even that seemed so much better.

The one thing I DIDN'T envy was being pregnant and labor. Giving birth itself didn't seem so bad, and when my son was born, I held him for hours while my wife slept. I even fed him some sugar water until he could nurse. I did the same with my daughter. Both times, that wonderful experience of peace and serenity. Often, as a parent, I would just put my child on my stomach or my chest, and we'd relax. We might watch TV together, or they would sleep while I just laid there.

I am also aware of the hardships of being a woman, of being at the mercy of big strong men who cause terror and fear when they lose their tempers. The discomfort of being REQUIRED to wear a dress on a cold winter day or night. The experience of a boy who doesn't understand the meaning of "No", the fear that comes with being molested by a step-father, or being date-raped, then having nobody believe you. Even the discomfort of the 9th and 10th hour wearing high heels to school, office, or other event. One of the great things about being like a sister, especially an older sister, is that girls would share their lives with me, their feelings, and their pains as well as their joys. I was also lucky enough to have parents who were supportive not only of me, but also of all my friends, male and female, and were more than willing to listen, to support, even to intervene if such was wanted and needed.

I even saw, and experienced the bias in the work-place. When I "passed" as a man, my ideas were heard and usually accepted. When perceived as feminine, many men would ignore me or dismiss my observations, telling me to leave the decisions to the "Real Men". I watched as they treated women even worse. I even remember how so many of the nerds would make really stupid and sexist jokes, even when there were other girls in the room. Many of the girls were tom-boys though, and many could dish it out as well as take it. I felt terrible for the girls who couldn't take it. That might have been one of the reasons I got into theater.

Even things as simple as being able to change in front of each other was something women could do, and do with me, when they considered me "one of the girls". The even figured out that I was checking out their wardrobe, make-up, and accessories, regardless of what their bodies looked like. I could admire a heavy woman in a beautiful outfit - sometimes even MORE than a thin woman in a nice outfit. Perhaps because I appreciated how much courage it took for the heavy woman to take the fashion risk, making me even more determined to give her genuine praise and respect.

Probably more than you were hoping for.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    ..........When I was younger, I not only envied girls and women for the items already mentioned, but also priests and Scotsmen (yes, and Prince Charles as well ) for being able to wear, respectively, dress-like cassocks and kilts while otherwise presenting as men, and without anyone ever batting an eye over that.
    Well Leslie,

They say there is a first time for everything and I can honestly say, that at 53 years old, it's the first time I've seen mention of "Prince Charles" and "clothing envy" in the same article.

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Its 95 degrees here today and I'm envying women and girls who can wear skirts, sandals, light sleeveless tops etc.