Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forced to purge.

OK, First off, I am not an alcoholic and never have been. I only drink socially on average one night at weekend. My wife is extremely religious and after being acceptable with my crossdressing now sees it as a sin. She often goes on weekend religious seminars and I think some preacher may have got to her. The large size of my wardrobe was never an issue with her as she was never aware of how extensive it was and since 80% of it will soon be displayed in various local charity shops, she never will be.
    I love my wife, we have been together over 30 years and have adult children and grandchildren. Leaving would never be easy or desirable. At the moment I'm just going to let things lie. Keep the rest of my wardrobe very secret but neither add or subtract from it. The CDing is a major issue but the rest of my marriage is actually very good and I'm trying to figure out how to keep it that way.

Banned Read only
    OK, the religious angle explains a lot Fiona. If she's had a sudden change in convictions spiritually, right or wrong, that can absolutely precipitate action on a person's part, for better or for the worse.

I'm sorry about your garments. I hope the two of you find a way to work through this. As "sins" go, getting het up over this, as opposed to, say, "adultery", well, crossdressing just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. But my goodness society doesn't seem to see it that way! (My wife certainly didn't see it that way initially!) Only advice I can give you is to tell your wife how much you need this part of yourself, and try to find a couple's counselor who understands gender issues. (Not saying you have one - but you need someone who understands how small of a deal, in the grand scheme of things, that being a CD is!)