Thread: I Need More Clothes

I Need More Clothes

Isn't that our montra? I need more clothes.

But in this case I think I do. I've been going out every other weekend & I am finding that I am starting to wear the same things over & over again. I guess today I'll just have to look for a few new things.......
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Banned Read only
    Thrift Stores............................................ ...............................................

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Women seem to hate wearing any outfit within a year of it's first debut! CDs seem to have inherited that trait also!

Kim, I agree, my wife not so much. I have learned to buy things I can mix and match with what I already have.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Go to a consignment shop tell them that you are tv/tg, and they will help you alot.

Gold Member
    Time to go out and "CHARGE IT"
    Have fun.
    Rader

I don't need new clothes, I wear some things over and over as I am comfortable in them.
    When I want a change something else gets a chance.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know what you're saying Kim, I'm heading to the thrift stores next week. I've never thought about it but I think lynn is right!
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

I've picked up some decent clothing and shoes at thrift stores, but it's also nice to shop for newer fashions at a retail store. (But I go to the clearance and sales racks!) But I have too many items in my closet that don't fit right.

I am so tired of poking around thrift shops I'm ready to say "to hell with it" and go to the real stores, admit to the clerk what I am and ask for help in coordinating outfits. Elsewhere, I've met some women recently who I think might suspect this hidden side of me and I get the feeling they might actually have fun guiding and helping me. I'm beginning to think that public disclosure of my feminine side might be less of a shock to others than one might think. I'll keep everyone posted.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Thrift stores are the ONLY way to fly.
    Goodwill has sales, and I picked up 20 skirts for $20.
    The next time I went by I took ten back, so I got ten nice skirts that fit for $2 each. Can’t beat it.

It's a great problem. I find myself needing to turn over parts of my wardrobe...a lot to things in the closet that just don't work for me!

I know the feeling Kim. I have a whole rack of clothes but don't have a THING to wear. Now, where have I heard that before?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    I've picked up some decent clothing and shoes at thrift stores, but it's also nice to shop for newer fashions at a retail store. (But I go to the clearance and sales racks!) But I have too many items in my closet that don't fit right.
    Yes, I mostly shop the chain stores (Kohls, Pennys, Burlington Coat Factory, and Ross) and I start with the clearance racks. If you purchase items from the chain stores and they don't fit or look right on you, you can return them. My problem is, I'll often return two items and leave with five.

BTW: My side of the closet is full, I had to move the winter items to another bedroom closet.

I've been going out every other weekend & I am finding that I am starting to wear the same things over & over again. I guess today I'll just have to look for a few new things.......
    Or, you could just start going to different places.
    Last edited by linda allen; 06-30-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

My lady clothes have by far, taken over my closet. Funny thing was when summer finally came, I found I did not have any male shirts that were not flannel. I had to break down and buy some cool summer guy shirts.

I got some

I went out and bought a few more items at Dress Barn, Not the cheapest place, but I love their clothes. Click the link to see what I got.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...look-(honestly)
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I love the tops, great colors.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Bitzflick View Post

I've been going out every other weekend ...
    So tell us where you've been going out every other weekend.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.