Thread: A nice compliment - acutually 2

A nice compliment - acutually 2

Yesterday I went shopping with a friend. In one of the stores, I had her daughter as she was trying on clothes. A lady, friends with my mom was also in the store and we started talking. All of a sudden she is looking back and forth between me and my friends daughter and then says "I didn't know you had a child, oh she looks so much like you." Later on we were in a maternity store. I was searching the bins looking for a certain size of jeans for her when a clerk asked if she could help. When I told her what I(we) was looking for, she started to look and also talk with me. She then asked " you are not showing yet, when is your due date?"

Obviously passing.

Oh, that's a great story! Once I was wearing a dress with an empire waist and I also got that "when are you due?" question. The person who asked was embarrassed until she saw that I thought it was funny.

I don't know what was better - her thinking I was pregnant or her thinking I was still young enough to BE pregnant!
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    What a wonderful story. Goes to show what can happen when you are acting natural and confident in yourself.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.