Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which parent influenced you the most....

It was mostly mom and grandma....dad was never around much when I was a young'un.

Hi,

Only had a Mom for 24 years, for a few years her Mom & Dad, were with us, , males did not influance me in any way, only from a work point of view i was trained by them yet there was nothing i had at all in common with them.

...noeleena...

My mother was the biggest influence if for no other reasn that I spent more time with her than with my father. My love for lingerie came from her as did my adoration for cat's eye female eyewear. As I have stated when I was first fited for (male) eyewear, circa 1959, my mother was also fittedwith her first pair also. Her first pair where NOT just for reading but she went immediately to a full time eye glass wearer, and as her first pair she choose the cat's eye style which was still a popular style of frame back then. I was fitted with my first pair of female eyewear circa 1969 and I am sure that they were cat's eye, though I don't remember for sure. By the time I took part in my first Gay Pride Parade, circa 1974/5, I did have a pair of cat's eye and have chosen that style ever since (about 90%) when I purchased female frames,which has been 100% of the time since 2003.

My mother also gave me a great love of 1960's style lingerie, except for pantyhose, which was a late 1960's creation, which I prefer to stocking. She also had a great influence on my way of thing about currents events & politics. She was about 5"2" & under 100 lbs most of her life. My late wife, who also influenced me fashion wise was 5"1" & under 100lbs also. My mother was fitted for glasses, fulltime as I said at age 36, my wife who had worn glasses since age 10, was fitted for bifocals at age 36. My mother and I went to bifocals in our 40's & 50's respetively. My wife also had a "thing" for cat's eye style until she was about age 50 when she switched to a more conventional style that was not plastic, nor cat'es eye, but she always looked very chic & sexy.

I'm sorry if I went a little far a field from the topic and went off on a eyewear tangent. But my Mom was the greater influence. Btw during the last years of my mother life I took care of her and I did it enfemme. I was usually a blonde back then, in her pre-grey years she was abrunette. My wife was a brunette and an auburn haired lady during our marriage.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 09-03-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Both of my parents influenced me; I couldn't possibly sort out if one had more influence than the other.

As far as CDing goes, I don't think either parent influenced me. I came out to my mother ages ago, but she seems to have suppressed it and has never talked about it. My father is no longer alive and I never came out to him. While my father was a very kind, compassionate and tolerant person, he was somewhat old-fashioned and I think he would have been upset to know I'm a crossdresser, though I have no doubt he would have tried to be supportive.

My late father has a far bigger influence on me. A true mans man but not in the physical realm. He was brave, and tough in spirit. He never made excuses, he made time. He worked so very hard so that we had good food on the table. He was a saint in every way possible, and even died as one. They broke the mold with him.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    I can't say that one parent influenced me more than the other, nor can i say it was 50 - 50. They both had influence on me that made me who I am, some good and some not so good. The most important influences are: My integrity came from my dad; my love of spontaneity came form my mom. Those are the two things that sum up my life.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Thank you everyone.

definitely Mom. She was the one that helped with homework and she and i used to do little home improvement projects together; Dad was distant and aloof, always more interested in other people than in his family. Found out later he was abusive to my half brother.
    It was interesting because I'm not sure Mom was really fulfilled by being a woman. She was always crafty and handy but Sse was a product of her times (born in the '20's, matured in the 40's and 50's). She used to tell me that "I wish I'd been born a man so i could have been a carpenter." Maybe that's where I get this crazy admixture of the masculine and feminine.

Hard to say... Actually not possible... Both my parents influenced me one more than the other. Each of them with their own thing, which I took in and helped me become who I am today. None of them however has influenced me in the direction of REALLY liking womens clothing so much that I started wearing it. I do however remember even when I was a little kid I loved pantyhose and was allowed to run around the house wearing them.
    Transgender girl

My mother probably influenced me the most until I was about 13, then my father realized I was there and started to influence me more. They both treated me well and I never was never hit. I was an only child and pretty quiet so I don't think I was a problem until my teenage years. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Banned Read only
    OP here. Both of mine influenced me well, but mom was the disciplinarian.

I'd have to say it was an even split, even despite my dad not being home a lot. He was a stand up guy; honest to a fault, always tried to do the right thing. Once I learned not to do bad stuff, the physical punishment thing wasn't a big deal; I just made sure I wasn't doing anything wrong, after all, his guidelines were crystal clear and straightforward. Dad worked like a dog to support the family, and, not just us. He helped everyone. I honor his memory by trying to be very much like him, other than beating the crap out of anyone who disobeys me. He was the kind of guy you wanted to have your back in any situation.
    So here on the infinite internet, thanks for the good stuff, dad.
    Mom, on the other hand, was, well, a handful. She seems like one of those who grew up as little girls being told she was a princess, and believed it. Then when she didn't get what she expected from the world, decided she'd get what she wanted no matter what she had to do. The lying and manipulations were rampant; looking back, there was an even better than 50-50 chance that at any given moment, she was lying through her teeth. And she was very, very good at it. Only as she got older did she start to slip up and forget previous lies. I can't say for sure how much she influenced my life by dressing me up as a girl when I was a toddler; I'm absolutely sure it was going on based on my dad's reaction when he found out, that will stick in my memory forever. Yet, the next few years of my childhood were completely normal boy stuff. But the fact that she made me think I was nuts for most of my life by making stuff up, and then denying it at a later date, seriously made a negative impact on me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Here from time to time
    My Grandmother raised me and taught me how to be a good man and a good person.

Sadly, i was the unwanted baby of a toxic family. My parents had nothing in common, fought constantly. I never wanted to be the sicko meant alcoholic moron my dad was, and still is. My mom died last year. The tyrant lives on, and at 92, seem like he will never die. He has made my life a living hell. It's all about him, and his interesst. My interests meant nothing. H never went o one of my high school baseball games, even though i sat on the bench most all the games. He tried to get an uncle to adapt me away. Yet, i quit my business, moved 2000 miles, to help him, as i thought he would die soon, back in 2010. He is still at home, refuses to go to the nursing home, wants t his "pound of flesh". He told me as a kis, that he expected me to take care of him, when he is old. My parents did not want any of there kids to grow up, and get married. They wanted us to stay kids, and be with them!!! No one in my famuly grew up. My mom influenced me more, in learning, was smarter than my dad. My dad seemed to tell me to be a loner, like him, not like people, . But his influence was 90% negative, anti-social, morose, not learn anything new. Very toxic. No wonder my older brothers are Nazism and older 65 yr old sister, nerd dated nor wanted kids. A very extreme odd family, recipe for my suicide, which it nearly did, many times. So, THE NEGATIVE MAKE INFLUENCE FROM MY FATHER, and brothers, STRONGLY HELPED ME CHOOSE TO DRESS UP AS WOMEN. My MOM, NICE LEGS, AND OUTFITS, helped cause crosdressing.

For me, the major influence had to be my mother. I don't really remember much about my Dad - he died when I had just turned 9 - but what I do remember was a kindly gentleman in the best sense of the word. My mother was left poor, with a very insecure handful of a son. I was constantly afraid of being abandoned by her too, as I saw it.

She was not faultless. Terrible at retaining friendships and good at cutting herself off from people who cared about. That, however, was just her nature, and, I think her upbringing.

I, therefore, had little or no male influence a I grew up, and it was many, many years before I realized that I did not need to be needy and clingy, some thing that mife wife found very corrosive. I'm still working at it!

For Mum though, whatever her faults, she taught me respect (where it was earned) and the worth of basically being a decent human. For that, I am still grateful.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I've tried to distance myself from both my parents. My father was a traveling salesman and was never home. My mother was under a lot of stress and handled it poorly. She had a terrible temper and was mad about something almost all the time. From time to time I catch myself imitating their bad habits, though. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Since i never new my Dad it would have to be my mother most of all, also my sister was an influance in my life.

For me probably mom as I spent much more time with mom than dad, hardly saw him until I was 13. But my sisters were the most influential

Mom she didn't belive in it but she did everything to help

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Definitely my mom! Access to her closet and makeup, esp her red lipstick, was my first step/attempt at dressing. Had a few close calls but don't think she ever knew....

My mother, especially after I became fascinated by her lingerie wardrobe and also when we were fitted your fulltime eyewear at the sametime(1959) and she choose cat's eye style frames. Ever since then I had adored that style in a female frame, at about the sametime an aunt and and older female cousin were also fitted for glasses, fulltime, and they both picked cat's eye styleI have been wearing that stlye for years
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I grew up with my dad, so he had most influence I guess.

In my case, it would depend on if you are looking for a positive or negative influence.

My mother, rest her damaged soul, was a binge alcoholic and spent about three months of every year either drunk or drying out. She was a very bitter and angry person.

My father, rest his soul, tried to pick up the slack and be both mother and father, with varying degrees of success.

My sister, 16 years older than myself, was my salvation because I spent almost all my summers and school breaks with her, her husband and her three daughters.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!