Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NOT so wild about heels

Nice shoes

Flats are wonderful, but many of my long skirts and certainly my pant suit pants are sized to wear with heels- they get all dirty and shredded if worn with flats for too long. Oh poor me, I _have_ to wear heels...

I'm guessing you are relatively tall, say, over 5'10? Taller women stay away from higher heels, more than petite women, in my observations, over a long period of time. So, have you thought of it this way: if you are a bit taller, you are actually being more feminine by not wearing the heels- you are following the patten that the majority of (taller) women seem to take?

The occasional times I venture out dressed, my heels are flat to low-mid. I'm around 5'8" (depending on local gravity), I think I fit in better, and were I truly worried about passing, I would think this would help- not calling attention to myself. But were I to wear heels out- I promise you I would have a pair of flats tucked into my bad should I break a heel or the shoes started hurting too much.

At home, I wear flats with casual stuff mostly, but a few elegant or 'holiday' outfits seem to work better with flats than heels. I wear heels with casual stuff less often as it seems to me I am not matching something correctly.

But I do love high heels (more so with boots than shoes actually), 3 of the last 5 pair of shoes I purchased had heels over 4", and that does not count the platform height (1/2 to 1 inch)... I like the way it feels to have to balance on the shoes- the effect is a modicum of restriction on movement- walking, reaching, even sitting. Heels feel more like a restriction whereas boots are more of a light "bondage" feel: this adds to my feeling of femininity as it is something that most women experience, and I get to share that feeling as well.

Attached Images Attached Images

I really like them. At the end of say 6 hours wearing them my feet have felt numb. But I still really enjoy it. My wife hates them even though she looks so good in them

I have some 5" black "Pleaser" stilettos which make me feel vulnerable and its fun learning to walk in them (maybe downstairs disagrees). This can be scary good or bad but either way there is no quick exit so they only get used in public when I have the bike with me or whilst near the car. Shopping mall trips and in the park its flat unisex street trainers for me.

Agree with you on everything

I'm luckily quite short (160cm or 5'2") so can easily get away with heels. But I don't like ridiculously high heels; 3" or so is just fine. I also can't walk around in them for too long without feeling very uncomfortable.

I currently own only two pairs of women's shoes and they both have high heels. I think I need to invest in a pair of flats for casual days.

I am the total opposite I love heels , they are my biggest motivator for dressing in the first place. If I'm going out enfemm I'm in the highest heels possible ( I own nothing under 4") no matter how much walking is involved. I will gladly tend to my wounded blistered feet afterwards. But that my preference. If you like flats more power to you .cding is all about what makes you feel feminine. Just like with real girls we are have different tastes.

I don't recall ever trying any on, but no, I'm not a fan either.

Just as we vary the clothes we like to wear or feel comfortable wearing, so can we vary the shoes. It depends how you dress. Certainly with a short skirt and tight top or a cocktail dress, some heels are going to look better than flats. But if you're going a schoolgirl look you can be practical (i.e. what a school would allow girls to wear!) and wear flats, or go for the naughty look with a heel of any height, though the maryjane style probably works best.

Properly sized high heels can be comfortable to wear and "right" for most outfits, and flats have their place too. But by virtue of being a crossdresser, you are already expressing yourself the way you see fit. So there is no right nor wrong here... do what is best for YOU.

Karen

I agree with Lexi and others, I love high heels, see my earlier post today titled 'new dress' it also has my new stilettos
    For me I feel most feminine in heels, with a nice dress or skirt and top

Abbey x

I must say, having been 'in the closet' for about six years, flats are still my 'go to' choice.. I had a shoe wardrobe which consisted of both flats and heels before I married my wife and parted with them (which explains why I've been in the closet)... But I now do own two pair of heels again, which can easily be described as 'sensible shoes' - they're from Naturalizer, and are known as "Deino", which have a 2-1/4 inch heel..

I look to wear them out while I'm either shopping or running errands soon -- let's just say that I'll look like the bank teller who is "shopping while on her lunch break".

Wow what a great thread. I don't even have any girl shoes let alone heels and I have been crossdressing for years. You folks are amazing.

Heels are not for everyone, but for some of us they are a necessary evils. I love wearing them for the look and feel, even if they sometimes come off and sometimes do not fit perfectly. Whatever rocks your boat.

heels look great and sexy and are really "girlie" (as opposed to manly), but I would much rather wear a comfy pair of ballet flats or some strappy flat sandals. my ex-wife used to come home from a day at the office barefoot carrying her heels in her hands and complaining about how "she had to wear heels and it was not fair". fair/schmair.....they are great looking but not all that comfortable.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Frederique, you are one silly girl indeed. You're not the first CD I've met who doesn't wear heels. I don't understand the other one either! I congratulate you on your ability to make a well written stand against heels for yourself. I'd purge everything and take up model airplanes if I couldn't wear heels. I'm just hoping to get 10 more years on heels before I'm forced to give them up. I'm getting a little old for this you know.
    I agree with Lynn Marie....what she said !
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    When wearing Heels, you don't do the things you would normally do in your sneakers. You would just have too sit there and look pretty and smile.
    And the problem with that is...??

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    You don't like heels?! What the hell is wrong with you?! Freak . . .

Sorry I adore high heels. OK, maybe it's a form of madness (I'm 6'1" and love wearing 3+ inch heels and I don't think I'm any sort of exhibitionist) but I wouldn't feel right in flats!

Each to their own though!

Judy

Love heels! Love the way they look and feel.The other day I wore a pair of 5 inch heels around the house while doing household chores (including carrying 12 bags of softener salt to the basement) and now my 3 inch heels feel like I am wearing flats.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I have the four inch heels but prefer to wear my Clarks with the wide two inch heels.

I don't have any flats. I prefer one to one and a half inch heels for every day use. I do have heels up to three and a half inch which I have worn all day.

high heels are the reason im here, started with my aunties, first low and worked my way up, have many with a concealed platform 6", like wearing a 4.5", don't go out yet so don't need a "practical shoe" yet. heck i do housework in them and they dress up any outfit, was actually looking for some flats to dress down a little and thought better of it, will get when i need.

bart simpson actually taught me how to walk in them, was helping lisa for a beauty pageant, "heel toe, heel toe, heel toe, heel toe"
    hmmm... bart is a CD ?!