Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pass, blend or otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    When you dress, do you dress in a style that makes you happy, do you dress to pass or is your goal to blend.
    Who says this has to be one or the other???

More often than not when I am out & about, I present myself to blend in that I give consideration to time, place, weather, event, etc. But who's to say you cannot be happy and absolutely feminine in doing so? Femininity is not defined by dressing to the nines.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Otherwise

I have to declare myself an "otherwise". I dress at home - and occasionally behind closed doors away - but know that I would not be easily able to blend, let alone pass. Ironically, on those occasions when I have gone out "underdressed", I suppose I'm actually blending - but blending with other males, not other women, inasmuch as my outward appearance is entirely male.

At home, though my wardrobe is limited, it allows me a wide choice of styles, mostly retro, so that I can have the pleasure of trying to experience how women feel in a variety of clothes. Looking in a mirror is not usually a good idea: imagination works better.

I haven't dressed in many years, but if I were to take it up again, it would be to blend. And at my age (60s), I might be able to accomplish that passably, because older women's features often are a little less stereotypically feminine. I might enjoy walking around a mall or other public place as female, and not being particularly noticed by other people at all--just accepted as a woman.

When I did dress, it was definitely not to blend. I did go out some, but only in situations where I was not likely to be in close proximity to other people. I liked being seen from a distance, where what was most noticeable was the carefully created feminine shape of my body, which I think made me reasonably passable. I loved being a very sexy, hot-looking babe who wore clothes that made the most of her assets, and who was obviously proud of what she had--especially the contents of that 38D bra. I had to stay within reasonable limits when I went out, in order to remain believable. At home, though, I enjoyed being as outrageous as I could possibly be. None of that would work for a woman of my age, of course. If I were to dress up to go out in public now, it would be as a more calm and reserved older woman, probably casually but tastefully dressed, with none of that in-your-face sexuality that I used to go for.

Depends. If I plan to go out shopping or something, it would be blend. If I'm staying at home or on the rare chances I get to go out to a club, I tend to dress like a teenager or college girl, which would definitely not blend in the everyday world.

I dress to pass , I have been told I pass well until I speak, lol but I am working on that.
    But I like to dress on the sexier side. Not like hooker ( at least not any more , ok maybe sometimes ,lol) but like a woman that would catch my attention In guy mode .

I agree with Sara Jessica. I dress the way I do to make me happy and I consider what I am going to be doing, when and what the season (weather) is. In most cases that means I will blend with GG and in most interactions pass as a women.

Richelle

I would dress in a manner that hopefully is appropriate for the location I would like to be going. I want to look beautiful to others that might look in my direction. I try to dress in a manner to pass and blend in, but still be beautiful at the same time.

Due to not wanting to use my wife's clothes and the purges we have all been through, I would need to do some shopping. I would need to get the appropriate clothes. I would need a good wig before I could go out. I would also need to get some makeup.
    Deborah

My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty.

Not sure I will ever 'pass' Erica. Therefore, my goal is to blend but still present my feminine attributes to best effect. That usually means short skirts and low cut tops. I keep my makeup on the tame side so as not to divert a lot of attention from the attributes

Hugs, Robin

I dress for me and for where I'm going. I'm NOT going to be in one of those "WalMartians" picture groups!! LOL.

I am perfectly happy just being one of the girls and not leading the parade, so I dress to blend and be part of the herd. Let the lions go after the others.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I usually dress to keep from getting arrested. Pass? Blend? Two thoughts, one unless you are very lucky and have a small frame and soft facial features, you are going to be made. Two, why make things difficult? Dress as you like. If you don't want to be noticed, don't go out.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I usually dress to keep from getting arrested. Pass? Blend? Two thoughts, one unless you are very lucky and have a small frame and soft facial features, you are going to be made. Two, why make things difficult? Dress as you like. If you don't want to be noticed, don't go out.
    I love being noticed! Even in naughty librarian attire, I get noticed. Fine.

With my bald head, beard and moustache I figure I am a long way from trying to pass! I just enjoy the clothing.

Banned Read only
    When I was younger - 20s and early 30s, I found it easy to pass. Now that I've turned 42, I find it a lot harder, so at the risk of sounding like a cop out, I don't try to pass at all. I just wear what I want to wear - mix and match I like to call it, but without hiding the fact that I am male. As I've got older, I've found that it's the clothes that attract me the most, not so much the forms, make-up, wigs, etc - I rarely indulge myself with those things anymore.

When out and about, wearing both male and female clothing, the reactions have tended to be, well, pretty much non-existent. Leading me to think that people just don't really pay that much attention to anyone else while they are out and about. There are occassions when people do notice - naturally - but even when that happens, the worst I've experienced is a double-take, or a disparaging look (or rather a confused look). The bottom line is, when out (and dressed, even if only partially), I'm more likely to pay attention to others (because of my own self-consciousness) than they are to me. In other words, it all resides (the fear, the worry, the thoughts whatever they may be) in my own mind, and no one else's.

I try to dress as female as I can in every area. clothes that work the best for my areas of concern, then go where the clothes fit the best.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

I dress in clothes that I like, clothes that I think a woman near my age might wear, and what would fit the time/location I'm going to be in. So, casual skirts or jeans and sweaters on weekends; something more business like if I go out weekday evenings, including nylons. I would love to pass, but I'll take "blending in" because pass ain't happening unless the other person is 50 feet away.

Pass or Blend

Depends if I am going shopping or out clubbing. When I go shopping I always try to dress to blend but in a somewhat classy way like business suit or nice blouse and cute shoes. That's just me in fact was out to lunch today wearing what I call "My Hillary Clinton" pants suit.

Gold Member
    I am with Sara. There is a wide range between jeans and dressy. I dress appropriate for the time and place and make it something I enjoy. And then therefore I believe I blend well.

Aspiring Member
    I usually dress quite casual pretty much like the girls in these rural communities in hopes of blending...but I actually think I may be passing more than I am aware of. I am getting way more girly lately tho...

I like to stand out and look fierce! If I wanted to blend, I'd just go in guy mode.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

As for my neck of the woods, if I want to blend in with the locals, I'd have to gain at least a hundred pounds, find a pair of flip flops, put on my pajama bottoms with a crappy t-shirt mess up my hair ..... and that's in girl mode...!!!!

I dress to feel comfortable and somewhat fashionable. I'm usually one step up from what the vast majority of the mall walkers are wearing. Always a pair of heels and usually a skirt/dress with a nice top and cardigan. In drab mode, it's a pair of dress slacks, nice shirt and dress shoes.

Only on very rare occasions will I dress to the hilt as in "hey look at me". Flashy top, short skirt/dress, patent leather heels.. you know. I tend to save that for holiday parties....

So that's me... I dress to look good in either mode...

Renne.....

I know I will never pass...but that would be my ultimate goal...but even if I could just blend in, I think I would be happy. But I do buy clothes that please me to put on - no matter the style or such.
    I want to be a girl - that's all.

The times I've dressed I've tried to look like a woman. Not sexy or ****ty or anything. Just try to look like an actual girl when I look in the mirror. I've always done it at home and in private.

I've often stated that my belief is that passing is a state of mind. I dress in age appropriate clothes which allow me to blend in. Most of the time I'm treated like all the rest of the women wherever I go. The event or situation have much to do with passing as well. I can be ladylike when I have to be but I can get just as rowdy as the GGs in a bar setting. If my male side isn't seen through my female side, then I've passed.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I'm still holding out hope that I might pass, at least more often than not, even in very direct social situations... I guess we'll see how it goes.
    For now, I'm pretty sure that I at least "blend" and I'm maybe on the cusp of being at least passable enough that even when people start to suspect that they're talking with someone who wasn't born female, they're at least just noooot quite sure.
    I'm not ready for sustained HRT (I've taken irregular supplements that I really do feel had some kind of effect), but perhaps within a couple of years (I'm 30, I know the clock is ticking), I'll go for it, and I'm crossing my fingers that that'll get me the results I want if I decide I'm that serious about it...

Hi, Erica. I don't know that I'll ever go out, much less pass, so for me it is the pleasure I derive from looking like woman from the waist down, and experiencing the joy of shaved legs, sheer hose, and beautiful heels. Maybe one day it will go beyond that, but for now I am content. I get the sense you want much more.