Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wish I could stop these desires

Hi Garnet, There are alot of worse things you could be involved in like drugs and harmful thing . Not hurting yourself or anyone else seems an ok distraction. Enjoy yourself when you can, work when you must and don't beat yourself up. ( sorry I'm rambling).
    Love Kristy

Quitting is futile. The desire just refuses to cooperate. What I have noticed is the more my feminine side is expressed, the stronger the desire. The less I express my femininity the weaker the desire. The battle is learning how to live with it and while note destroying your life. The best thing I did was to embrace it.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I found out that if I just don't shave, or at least keep a mustache and a goatee, I won't dress. I think what it is about, at least for me, is that I don't want to see some half bearded "freak" in whiskers staring back at me in the mirror with a dress on. Once, I went about 3 years without dressing. Well, let's just say actual "physical" dressing. If you read my intro, you'll discover that dressing is still 100% sexual in nature for me. So, when I'm not dressed, I can go to my "mind" and imagine myself dressed, or in another "pleasurable" situation (more about that in another post), and the result is the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KristyE View Post
    Hi Garnet, There are alot of worse things you could be involved in like drugs and harmful thing . Not hurting yourself or anyone else seems an ok distraction. Enjoy yourself when you can, work when you must and don't beat yourself up. ( sorry I'm rambling).
    Love Kristy
    So true. It is amazing to me how many people find crossdressing to be worse than drug abuse, or abuse period. Some women have even stated (not on here that I am aware of btw) but I have seen (read) where women would have rather been cheated on then have their S/O be a crossdresser. It can be such a weird world.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

hi i tryed stopping loads of times but i could not because i dont really want to and was lying to my self i just try to regulate it now i told my wife but shes the only one that knows im still well in the closet

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Seems to me Garnet that you're looking for quitting support in a forum of people who either tried to quit and failed or have no interest in quitting! It's sort of like looking for an Alcoholics Anonymous group in a bar.
    Hi Lynn
    I know this is a serious thread, but your reply put me in stitches. Very funny and true. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I have quit many times in the past however it always comes back so why fight it

Garnet,
    First off welcome. Now as to your question about repressing or quelling, I strongly do not recommend this. This is just my own opinion. This is why though, I repressed this side of me since childhood. It was a total no no in my family. There are underlying reasons as to why this subject was very taboo. Any how due to my family issues I repressed this whole thing. It turned out to be very bad for my mental health. It took decades and a very understanding wife for me to start to come to terms with whom I am.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/