Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How important is your hair?

I wear quite a lot of different wigs and the appearance of them is a top priority whenever I dress. To me they are such an important factor in how well I present myself as an attractive woman. I think a hairstyle makes an enormous difference to how feminine and goodlooking we appear, so choosing an appropriate wig and styling it to enhance our appearance needs lots of attention.

Elizabeth Anne Parsons ellieparsons's Avatar
    I don't know if its that important to me right now, but i'm currently letting my hair grow out, I've always had a buzz cut, 0 & 2. Just looking for something different.

It was very important; how much, I never really knew until I did something about the loss of it. For years, well ever since my teens I never had the long beautiful hair that a girl does. I never thought much about it; even though, to me, long beautiful hair is one of the things that to me screams female more than any other single thing. So it wasn't until I purchased my first wig, and put it on after dressing up completely in my favorite outfit, that the long and pretty tresses finished transforming my own image of myself, that I understood how it would affect my own self identification as female during the times when I crossdressed from then on.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

To me its important, having lost most of my hair by the time I was twenty-five. Now I have to relearn styling hair, and use a curling iron to boot!

Beyond belief. It's sooooo important

Makeup addict!
    The wig is the most important part to me. It is what makes the difference between being a dude in a dress and being a girl. And my wig is always long hair, never short, that's really important to me

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    My hair is pretty important. I have gone through more wigs than anything else. And currently my wig is the single most expensive item I wear, well except for my new wedding ring of course.

I used to have long pretty hair, but now it's in a landfill someplace. I love my wig(s).

For me it's very important... Mainly because since ~27 or so my receding hairline and general baldness had taken off. (Thanks Grandpa..and Dad.. Stupid genes ). Pretty much have shaved fully bald last 12-13 years. so I'm wigging out..
    Only thing is... It's a bit of a shock getting used to having any hair around the face (since being used to zero hair).
    And I'm having to relearn all sorts of basics. I'll probably just pretty much keep the wigs as-is and not do any odd styling on them. Only issue is storage... (New to CD and already have 3 'quality' wigs..won't be the only ones either.. )
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

When I had long hair it was the most important aspect of my presentation regardless of weither I was dressed male or female. As a rule i spent a fair sum of money and time to keep it looking good. If I were to grow it long again I would also spend a fair sum in upkeep.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

As many, I wish I could grow my hair out and be able to use it in either style, but sadly am attacked by a receding hairline and slight baldness (even though I still keep my hair long and take care of it the best I can). That being said though, being also a fan of anime and cosplay, this opens up MANY glorious styles and looks, depending on my mood for the day. ^.^

Hair is a woman's number one accessory.
    I gave up the wig a year and a half ago, and now my own hair brushes my collarbone. Sometimes I dye it to hide the grey streaks. I would like to get highlights in the near future.

Before the wig goes on, the mirror reflects a guy in a dress. Add the wig (maybe makeup too) and there is a transformation. Now its a CD in a dress.

Just doesn't reflect well without the wig.

Hugs, Robin

I have one question: How do you pick up the right wig?

Answer: Pick up a wig that accurately reflects your own true hair and complexion. That will make you look more natural and real.

If you want to glam it up and wear something sexy, that's ok too.

Be yourself as you see yourself.

To me the most important thing in regards to the selection of a wig is does it match your complexion. I have light skin, so I'm usually a blond or a redhead, though I look OK as a brunette also.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Answer: Pick up a wig that accurately reflects your own true hair and complexion. That will make you look more natural and real.

If you want to glam it up and wear something sexy, that's ok too.

Be yourself as you see yourself.
    But, i need to buy one using internet... It's harder to know what fits good =/

When I dressed up, a wig was obviously a critical element in creating the female look. But to answer the question using the word "glory" as you used it, I'd have to say that my sense of the gloriousness of my femininity was the realistic appearance of what filled my bra--even though my "breasts" were totally fake.
    "

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I've been growing my hair for the past 2 years and finally have it to the point where Bobbi pops into the mirror first, and I have to shift gears to find Bob.
    Its wonderful to start out with a definite feminine part that's always there first. and quickly gets better with a dash of makeup and earrings.
    And I do spend WAY more time on my hair now than I ever did as a boy.
    Life is wonderful
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I like the way that sounds, Bobbi. I sleep with my hair down, and recently I've been sleeping in ladies' tricot pajamas, pink with nice feminine detailing in the top. When I wake up in the morning, go into the bathroom, and look in the mirror, I see more of Amy than I do of my male self. It feels good to be that pretty, that early in the day.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

When I do eventually buy a wig I prefer long hair type instead of curly, very soon will start buying after I visit Denver for a makeover.

Very! Been growing it since I was 14, it was down to my bum, then recently I got about 6 inches cut off for my sisters wedding. Could have cried ( I kind of did, but don't tell anyone) Its still down to my waist though, great at this time of year for keeping you warm.

My hair is always turquoise and it takes so long to get it how I love it Its probably 90% of my look :P
    #San Antonio Texas #31 #Server for life. #Goth lifestyle

I think the hair is extremely important. Like others have said just a guy in a dress without it. But the whole look is a hard thing to achieve, at least for me.

To me its VERY important

as its almost the last thing I do to make myself into the girl I want to be. Because before the wig goes on and I look in the mirror all I see is a guy with lots of makeup on. The very last thing I do is to either paint my nails or put on my false nails. And the hair must be combed and look as perfect as possible.