Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas surprise

Anxious? Certainly! There are a host of unknowns before you, and uncertainty breeds anxiety. However, you can now count on your mother to be your ally and your mentor.

Janessa, that's awesome! I can totally relate as I recently told my mom and also got some holiday gifts. It's a wonderful feeling of acceptance and I hope the anxiety dissipates soon. Good luck!

-Bree

That is sooo cool! Stories like these make me want to come out to my mom as well...

So happy for you. your mom sounds like a wonderful person. Not sure how long ago you told her about Janessa, but remember that every relationship developes at different rates. Your mom just told you that she loves you (all of you) no matter what. You are very lucky. Baby steps. Best wishes in your new relationship with your mom.

Bree

O that's awesome! She just transitioned from being supportive to being accepting.

Gold Member
    Heck with the gifts, I love the acceptance. Don't worry about being nervous. It is part of the package. Even though she is showing you great acceptance, it is still tough to present ourselves to someone we care about for the first time. It is a built in defensive mechanism where we try to avoid rejection. Just realize it is there and take deep breathes. Proceed slowly and it will go away in time.

i'm a Pacific North West gurl that has lived in a few other places, but i always find my way back.
    so nice... you have a great mom!

You are so lucky! Make sure your mom knows how much you treasure her.

Wow. What a nice gift - acceptance. It is indeed a wonderful thing to be able to communicate with you Mom about your dressing. My 80 year old Mom never would. 20 years ago she learned my brother was gay and hasn't ever gotten over it. Doesn't speak to him anymore either.

aww! Give your mom a hug and a kiss for me! she sounds like a very enlightened woman.

So, I got up at 7:00 and took a shower, shaved and got dressed (panties, bra, forms, the dress and earrings mom gave me, heels, hair and make up) and then I did my nails. I went to her house about noon and spent the day hanging with her and headed for home about 8. She asked if I wanted to come over tomorrow and of course I said yes, I'm thinking denim skirt, my pink "CATitude" tee with the kitten, Baby Phat cat earrings, and my comfy denim flats. I was scared when I first showed up as she has never seen me dressed (she did know I was coming over) but by the end of the night I felt like I had been dressing in front of her my whole life, she did say my Mary Kay girl (LONG time friend) may need to rethink my colors

I'm happy for you, Janessa. It's not every day something that special happens.