Thread: I am one very happy gurl !

I am one very happy gurl !

Well, after last Saturday's blurt to my wife I brought it up again this morning .I opened with "Can we talk about last Saturday?" My wife agreed that we should and she thanked me for giving her time to think about and digest my crossdressing announcement.
    I told her that telling her was the first time I have spoken about this with anyone that I care about. That it has been lifelong . How guilty I have felt over the years keeping this secret from her.
    We talked,I answered her questions, she answered mine .
    The long and the short of it is my wife is fine with my crossdressing,though she doesn't want to tell the kids, or any friends. I am fine with that. I didn't either.
    We are going shopping later
    My wife is even cool with me underdressing !
    This is better than I hoped for . But I guess this is what when you love and marry your best friend !

Happily
    Maggie

Gold Member
    That is great! I think your approach was right and now things will move forward easier. Remember that boundaries are important even if they are just the ones you mention above. Pushing boundaries will appear as a reason to not have trust.

You have a wonderful wife. She met you at a point where, it seems, you got everything you hoped to get. Wives like that are special and deserve lots of special treatment. It wouldn't hurt if the special treatment included words of thanks for the crossdressing.

I too recently disclosed to my wife. It is very encouraging to read success stories such as yours. I hope that when the talks resume in the spring I will be as successful. (Things are crazy where she works and will be for a couple more months. It would not be kind or wise to add stress to stress.)

Thank you for posting.

Best wishes
    MsVal

That's great news for you, Happily Maggie! You have a wonderfully open-minded spouse...

And reassuring for some of us, even if only statistically... but we can continue to hope and dream...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    Definitely a good outcome for your reveal.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Gold Member
    This is great news; But please remember to go slow.
    You do not want to shock her and have her run for the hills.
    Rader

Fantastic! As the others have suggested, it is wise to take it slow. Be sure to let her decide when it is time to go shopping. Don't nag her into it. Also, the first time you underdress, ask her if "she's sure she's okay with it." And if you've underdressed without her knowing, warn her before the clothes come off. Best wishes to both of you!

Great news!
    Barbie

Remember, it is your best friend, never treat her love and understanding lightly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congrats girl, very happy to hear the great news!!! Hope you two grow together in your new found relationship
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Wow, im happy for you Maggie

God(dess) of Mischief Brea Lynn's Avatar
    Totally thrilled for ya! Always great to hear when a spouse is understanding and accepting about it.

Banned Read only
    I'm really happy for you Maggie! I think it is just so wonderful when a story such as yours has a good outcome!

Good for you! Our loved ones can be even more amazing than we think.
    Good luck to both of you,

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Banned Read only
    Hi Maggie,
    It must be a week for great results, I'm pleased yours went well after your out burst, we all know the "I'm going to explode feeling", I bet you can't believe the result after all this time. I chose the first warm sunny day we've had in the UK, it just felt right to sit in the garden and talk it went well ( Big step in the right direction thread). Shopping may not happen but it would be the icing on the cake.

Wonderful. You've reached common ground and can move forward from here.

Too often, we push for resolution because uncertainty is uncomfortable... Your experience shows both the value of candor and the importance of allowing time for the mind to process new
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Maggie,

Good to hear your relationship boat is still sailing in a positive direction, post reveal! It's just how it progresses from here, but she appears to be a one in a million.

My wife has supported me from the moment I came out to her but she isn't and I doubt she ever will be, one hundred percent OK with it either. I'm more than happy with what I have and I love my wife to pieces for it.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk