Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are you on the Crossdressing Curve?

Earlier in life I would say I was a 4 or 5 but the last 10 years have shown me I am really about 8.5.
    Thoughts of 9+ flood my mind from time to time and if the planets were to align perfectly it would definitely be a 10. To paraphrase the cigarette commercial "I'd rather switch than fight".
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm a 6.5 and here's how I came up with that:
    I dress only occasionally, and that gives me a three. But when I do dress, it's all the way, head to toe, clothes, shapewear, wig, nails, jewelery, eyelashes, shoes, pantyhose/stockings, makeup, accessories, and as over-the-top as I can, and that gives me a ten. Average of 3 and 10 = 6.5

I would say, 6ish wanting to be an 8-9ish. I present male everyday at work and in public. I've had my makeover at Mac, shopped in public, but in drab, I do dress in public but only at my TG Support Group meetings. I change to and back at the site, though in recent attendance, I've left more and more items on but only because I could conceal them under my winter jacket. So, 6ish for me.

Cassie

Personally if you plot the data I don't think its a curve.... more like a series of ever increasingly steep line segments connected by intermittent plateaus ..... ending in a drop off to zero.... some days I think I'm standing at the drop off.... others days I feel im a couple plateaus back....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Wigs: I have 7, shoes: 5, forms: 1 pair, buying more makeup and jewelry lately. Panty drawer is overflowing, closet is half full of skirts, tops and a few dresses. Love sexy lingerie, gartered stockings. I don't have much in shapewear: 1 cincher, homemade butt pads, 2 longline bras.

I'm still learning about makeup application, but have kept my face clean shaven for 10 years. Haven't been out dressed much, and it's been in safe environments so far. I doubt that I would go as far as transitioning, but CDing has been slowly escalating with me. Looks like my number is approximately 4.3, give or take a few digits.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I am with Katey and Samantha here, This rating system is too simplistic. Where I am on the "curve" if you can call it that, is continually variable and evolving.
    I no longer own any boy under things, have more girl clothes than boys, and am out frequently as my femself. I do not like to think of myself as a number, I am who I am and I am Free!

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    I am at 2.5 trending toward 8
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

"I feel Fine"

I'm not a fan of labels and the same goes for tests. I don't want to rate myself high or low, up or down. And of course a girl never shares her weight or age and as we know this is done on a scales with numbers.

If the goal is to become and show the world my true self I think I'm doing well. But that does say I have arrived and can move on to other things. My feminine side still has plenty to learn and is still maturing. And don't get me started on makeup unless you want to see raccoon eyes and have a really scarey experience.

But as I have discovered there is more to being yourself than just your gender presentation. Self image and confidence are certainly markers of relating to others. And my friends who see me say I'm being myself. So as Spock said to his Mother... (Near the end of Star Trek: The Voyage Home...

"I feel Fine."

Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Gold Member
    I would think a 10 is fulltime CD, which would include work, if 11 is transitioned. So I am a 9 working towards an 11.

This is just a bit of fun, and a scale this simple misses lots of complexity - but we learn things from what the complexity is that is missed.

I dress only at home, and not always (or even often) fully. I have a busy life, and time in this particular corner of the world is often a bit snatched for me. But I'm happy with that, and from time to time I do dress fully, head to toe, including a wig. It tends to happen in spurts... Three times fully dressed for periods of time in a week then not much for a couple of months. That probably makes me about a 3, I'd guess?

Part of the reason I was initially attracted to having a busy life was that it didn't grant me too much time to explore my girly side, back when I was much less comfortable with myself. If I found myself undergoing a period of enforced inactivity, I suspect I probably would bump up a point or two on the scale.

Using your scale I would rate myself a 9.5.
    Hugs, Carole

I am pretty much underdressing most of the time. At home i am dressed in a nightgown. I have started to wear female slacks a lot more often to work. When I go out now I try to go out en femme as much as i can.

Right now I would rate myself at 7.5.

I'm only a 3 right now, I'd say. But I'd love to be a 8-9 one day. Maybe...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Stacie~

I dress enfemme 24/7, so I guess that I am very high on the scale.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I would be about a 5. Family and schedule keeps me from a 10.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I went from probably a 5 a few years ago to about a 9 now. The only thing keeping me from a 10 is my wife. I would like to try to live as a woman full time for a bit to see if I would really be a 10. I am also taking Finesteride (anti testosterone) and may possibly take a low dose estrogen at some point to see if that is where i am at... All doctor sanctioned of course. Yeah but it was quite a jump from a 5 to an almost 10 in about 4 years. I guess I have really come to embrace my CDing.

Probably about a 6, I only get fully dressed (wig, make up etc.) when I do dress, and I'm beginning to go out without worrying now. But I think I'd have to be more open about it to be higher in the scale.

Aspiring Member
    I too give myself a "3". I only dress in the privacy of my home, usually in the morning in bra, skirt, panties, thigh high stocking nice top

Banned Read only
    I'm not personally so comfortable applying the term "crossdressing" to underdressing. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there...does it make a sound?
    Now for me, and JUST FOR ME, crossdressing is necessarily an overt and public activity. When I wear make up, coiff enfemme and wear hose, dresses and heels it is only to go out to "cross" over and play on other side of the street in full public view.
    So by my own personal definition: It's my own hair highlighted hair femme styled. I don't shave chest, arms or legs very often, preferring layered hose and long sleeves. A "10" would have me with manicure, pedicure, full body shave, plucked eyebrows, definite femme haircut and style and semipermanent eyelashes. That make me a "7" on the continuium.

Oh I am so glad you asked!

I walked into JCPenny last week to kill some time and what do you know: some beautiful shoes were staring right at me on sale for 50% off!

I had to think for a moment, because I was in drab (I was working that day); but then I remembered:

I am definitely a ten. I'm sure of it! I am a ten..

Later that evening I was able to confirm that I was definitely a 10!!!!

Occasional and in private

I dress maybe 4 days a month, typically in the evening. I suppose that makes me a 1, but a perfectly content one.

Hi Lacy,

I think I would be a 3, maybe 4. I wear a Bra and panties 4 days out of the 7 each week. I do go out fully as Alice (at night) around 3 times/month. Have only been out as Alice during the day a few times which has only come about recently. Warm Thoughts, Alice

I used to partially dress frequently and dress fully head to toe once every other week, always privately - so by your scale probably a 5.
    Now I dress 3-4 times per week, fully head to toe, privately, and I go out en femme about once per week. I am hoping to go out even more frequently. So now I'm probably about an 8.

I would say that if a 10 is full-time CD, then a 9 is full-time CD except at work (128), so an 8 is a regular but not 128 CDer.

I'm working towards a 9, and likely a 10 or 11.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    Used to be 9? Maybe?? Hard to really judge. I often have something femme on me, but not actually presenting en femme. In practice, maybe it's more like a 4/5? I strive for that whole balance thing and try to give equal attention to both sides of me, even if it's only internally.
    Last edited by Felicia Dee; 05-01-2014 at 08:42 AM.
    "I'm a work in progress..."

I'm somewhere in the 3-4 range. Moving up slowly I think. Drive dressed sometimes, and been caught a few times out and about, but usually it's just in the privacy of home.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-08-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: no need to quote OP