Quote Originally Posted by samantha rogers View Post
Dana, Costco is actually a great store. They only ask for id b/c they are a membership store, but in all other respects they are fabulous. Great products, good prices and an extremely progressive store. The CEI takes a relatively modest pay check and employees are treated very well with an extremely open minded and liberal hiring policy. Costco is a poster child for how good citizen businesses shoyld be run, at least inmy opinion. I never mind spending my dollars there, and I spend way too many...lol
I started going to CostCo when I lived in Taiwan. In my estimation, the quality of their meats and sea food was consistently better than other places. I would continue here at home, but there isn't one that is remotely close.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERDRESSER View Post
When I go to Costco, which is not very often, I borrow the corporate card, and pay with cash. Not that ID would be a problem as I'm not even thinking of "passing"

Costco and Sams are both membership stores, but they do not have similar reputations. I would not expect the staff at Sams to be as focused on their jobs, whereas all the Costco people I have dealt with are pretty much always on the ball. That's what happens when you pay a good wage and treat the staff right, they work to stay there!
Agreed. The operating philosophies are very different. CostCo is the leader conceptually and probably still financially. Let's hope that AMEX doesn't screw them up.