Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about purging?

How many times did I purge and regret it? EVERY TIME !!
    I still wish I had some of the wonderful items I tossed away in a moment of guilt and shame.
    That will not ever happen again. Since I came out to my wife the only things that get thrown away are those that are worn out or that I don't want any longer and I donate them if they are in good shape.

I thought a purge would cleanse me of this and as is the definition of insanity I repeated this process over and over expecting a different result. Never happened. This is me and wasting money by throwing away clothing I love to wear is the crazy part.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have never purged. Have a niece,(my shopping buddy) that has the same tastes in clothing. She takes all my unwanteds and cycles them into or through her wardrobe. Finds a home for the items she doesn't want.
    Wife and I were away last weekend, niece and her husband had a dinner dance occasion to go to, she (niece) didn't have shoes to go with what she wanted to wear. Came down to my house and "borrowed" a pair of boots (2 1/2" heel) from me. Told me when we came home, that she had them and would bring them down the next... Told her to keep them, but we had to go shopping to replace them. I'm now the proud owner of a new pair of boots. So, as I said, I don't purge, but my niece keeps my wardrobe circulating. For me it's fun, I really love shopping.

Banned Read only
    I regret purging the embarassing to buy retail things like bras, foundation garments, breast forms.

I have also purged, and I promised myself that I would never dress again. Of course, now I regret purging some cute dresses, bras and heels!

5 years ago i purged everything several wigs two sets of breasts and a ton of clothes. some of it bought at a boutique near la where i got a makeover and went out several times,my girlfriend was moving in and i thought i would stop, i was afraid, i should have kept my stuff. i 'm gonna be replacing breastforms soon.so i'll be looking for a thread about that... all that money... this time i'm trying to get her involved, seems easiest after we've had a few.

I agree with Jorja, purge all your male garments first if you get the urge to purge, as they can be more easily replaced............LOL

totally agree with this...the amount of lovely things I have thrown away....an ivory silk bendel blouse comes to mind...if only I had packed away my things as the urge always comes back
    Quote Originally Posted by monalisa View Post
    Sexy dresses and petticoats are hard to replace. I would put in storage what you aren't currently wearing. At some point you will want to wear it again and will still have it. I thin out but never a full purge. Nice if you could find another girl and do some clothes trading.

Today as I'm going through things purging for an upcoming move, mostly of guy things I don't wear anymore. I'm donating along with my wife to a local thrift store. The only thing of Ellen's that I donated was a coat that I haven't worn in 20 years. Nice coat, I just don't see Ellen going anywhere that it's needed.

I purged one time only... Lesson learned... It was around 1999 and I threw out EVERYTHING. Easily over 5 grand in shoes and clothes. I was moving in with my g/f at the time and didn't have any where to stash everything. It was my first purge, and I foolishly thought I could just throw it out and it would disappear... I regret that constantly... So many great costumes, panties, bras, wigs, thigh high hose, garter belts, opera gloves, swimsuits, cat suits, skirts, dresses, teddies, boots, heels, etc I that I will never be able to find again! I gathered all of those clothes in the late 90's when my favorite shiny fabrics like satin, latex, vinyl, we're all the rage and the wild and outrageous 90s trashy lingerie styles were in. I have looked all over trying to find them on eBay and I have had ZERO luck finding anything as the styles have gotten kind of "blah" for my taste... After looking online for a LONG time, I have managed to locate some places that sell the style of clothing in the fabrics I like and the sizes I need. Still, I lost way too much that can't be replaced. Never again.

Expensive lesson learned!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I purged like 3 or 4 times........and here i am.....trying not to make it a 5th.......

Like you all i have purged a few times and yes we all know its no good as we Will come back to miss the clothing we all love . The first purgemi was 15/16 and i brunt my stuff trying to Think it would cure me nope. Did not help
    Then over the years i have purged a few major times for different reasons. And i agree its a good excuse to start again but some tresseres Can not be replaced . I only Think the last 2 times i have been unlucky as both times i have have Thorsen my clothing in Remote roadside Rubbish bins and the first time i returned the morning after to see as i arrived the man emptying the bin :-( . , the second only a few days ago i had a brakedown so throw 80% of my wardrobe out In a roadside bin , only a few hours later to Think " how stupid " as i know i Will come to miss my wardrobe , and surprise surprise. It was gone again , so both times unlucky as where i live your lucky if they empty the bins 2 times a week . But alas it sure gives me a Dam good chance to go shopping for some newer styles , ( its just the shoes i have problems replacing ) We never learn , and i bet i do it again so maybe its healthy but its also sad to Think of the fthings that cant cant be replaced and the stories that acompany each Price of clothing

Just a Brazilian Girl :) natalialimapoa's Avatar
    I crossdress a lot since 7 years old and, curiously, I never purged. I just stoped wearing my stuff for some time, but I never freaked out about it. I just hide and take care of my heels, makeup and all.
    Just another brazilian girl.

Every time that I have purged, I have come to regret it. Then having to start all over again is a tedious task. This time though, I have decided no more. If I get in a place where I feel that I must quit and not do this anymore, then I can just wash everything, and pack it away. One thing that I have learned from all of my times purging is that I always come back to dressing.

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    Perhaps I have not been CD long enough to get the urge to purge and I hope I never do.
    It's a topic I have read a little about because I didn't understand how you could throw out a big part of yourself like that.
    From my research I can only find four main reasons people seem to purge.
    1) Guilt of being a CD and the purge is like a smoker throwing away a full pack of cigarettes and saying I quit in the morning but buying a new pack at lunch time.
    2) End of a Fetish
    Moving forward to more natural woman type style of clothing from the whole baby to 6yo girl look and the purge is like putting their CD childhood or submission phase behind them.
    3) Weight loss or gain also featured a lot in people's purging rituals. They either threw away their fatter selves or threw away reminders of their more slender selves
    4) My wife caught me so I am purging to prove a point. This purge seems to work the least from all I have read and is strongly entwined with No. 1 or Guilt Purge

It's an interesting phenomenon though.