Thread: make up application class round two

make up application class round two

last week I had the lady that done my makeup for the photo shoot come to the house to give me a class on makeup application, I was a bit overwhelmed with the information and lack of my own good makeup. A few days later I talked to her to find out if she would go buy the majority of the stuff I needed, I had a few items that I had already gotten for myself, and then come back for a round 2 class where I done the majority of the work using the products she picked up for me and just watch to offer corrections and advice on application techniques. She agreed to it, so I sent her the money, she went and got everything I did not already have, and came back today. Round 1 was a little over 2 hours, round 2 was a little over an hour, and here is the results:
    INBOX)5863.jpg
    Brandi

You look beautiful and very, very natural. You'll be coaching all of us soon. The experience sounds wonderful, too, to have someone who is so helpful and friendly. I'm jealous!

It is nice to have someone who is helpful and friendly, but I am also paying for her time spent on the classes as that is one of her jobs. I think she is cutting me a deal on the cost of the classes, but I am still paying her for her time and expertise.
    Brandi

You look very natural and feminine.
    I now prefer Rachel

Thank you.
    Brandi

Brandi, I think that is the most beautiful makeup application that I have ever seen. I'm so jealous. I wish that had been me .

Thank you! If you want to know what all products I used to get this look, I will make the list for you, but I do not know that I could explain the techniques for applying it all as I am still working on learning that!
    Brandi

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Wow! Very pretty - a lovely natural look

Silver Member
    Brandi - You look beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and helping us.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Brandi, I think that most people that sell makeup like to help people look pretty. I know that they are in it for the money, but they like the results too. When there is money changing hands, it seems like it is just for the money, but it sounds like she likes helping too. Just don't take advantage of her, you might make a good friend.
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    Just don't take advantage of her, you might make a good friend.
    I agree, and I am doing my best not to take advantage of her. When talking with her about getting her help for stuff I always start the conversation with what would it cost to get your help with x,y,z? When she gives me a price I do not try to talk her down any at all.
    Brandi

Platinum Member
    Hi Brandi, It really looks like it was Time & Money very well spent, It sounds like you've found a good friend & teacher. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

very impressive, I wish I could make such a good job of my make up.

Blue, Thank you! I feel it was time and money well invested as well. And I do count Ashley (the lady helping me) as a friend, and she is an awesome teacher.

Shirley, once the techniques are learned, it takes a lot of practice to get good at it. Until yesterday, all I had was foundation, eye shadow, mascara and blush. Most days I applied those even if I was not able to wear them for more than an hour before having to wash it all off. Part of the 2nnd class was Ashley had went and got me a good selection of stuff to round out my products and then watched as I applied everything and offered corrections and application advice. Now I have to practice with everything now that I have it.
    Brandi

I have learned well - that is a very nice look

And wonderful results they are Brandi. Kudos to you for being determined, pro active, and cooperative. Enjoy the fruits of your labours and your new found friendship.

Karen

here are the results of today's solo, with the aid of a cheat sheet only, application:
    INBOX)5901.jpg
    Brandi

Brandi, that is a great story, your makeup application is excellent.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Awesome job. Looking great.
    Next step. Experimentation.
    Day look. Evening look.
    Bright eyes. Smoky eyes.
    I want everyone to look, look.
    Live and let dress.

Well, this would be my day look, and I have to get good at doing this before I get brave enough to experiment, and once I get comfortable with this, I am going to do another class to work on different looks.
    Brandi

Wow Brandi how lucky are you. Judging by the picture of your personal attempt I believe you are getting the technique down pretty good. My wife has tried to show me a few things, and as grateful as I am I think hiring a professional is the way to go. Well maybe in my case a professional mason would be better.
    I've got to say that you really look fantastic, very natural and very pretty.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Brandi,

You look great. I think you have a good handle on this.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Really looking good Brandi.
    Way better than I am at make up.

You look very nice and your solo job looks great!!
    Please call me Lisa!

this is after an entire day, 2 meals and a lot of beverages, with no touch ups what so ever.
    INBOX)5937.jpg
    I am surprised at how well the makeup lasted with as much as I touched my face without thinking about it.
    Brandi