Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guitar players

Played and sang in bars for several years. In time life moved on and I stoped playing, but still have my guitar. But, I was not a dresser then, yet looking back it would have been fun. Can't play now due to fingers curved in from Duptrans. I look at my guitar daily and want to try an play it. Now I will have to put new strings on it and give it a try after reading your post. Thanks.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Alice where there is a will there is a way.
    In 2001 I had a seizure and lost a lot of my ability to play and had to relearn how to play.
    I miss being able to lay down face melting solos and do all the fancy hammer ons and pull offs and do all the show off stuff.
    Now I can hold my own and am a solid rhythm player mainly and sometimes I can pull a lead out of thin air just jamming.I think some of the flash I had is still there its just getting my brain to tell my fingers to do it.
    It wasn't easy relearning and I'm a mere shadow of the player I used to be but I still practice everyday in hopes of that light going off in my head and the ability coming back.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-26-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath lost some finger tips in an accident at his job in a machine shop. It was his last day of work there to! He made himself some prosthetic tips from plastic and leather and de-tuned his guitar a bit.
    For more details...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Iommi
    yes, I know it's wack-apedia, but, this entry is consistent with other place I've heard his story as well.

Cool to see many guitarplayers here!

Love seeing your pics Tracii!! I love 80's guitars.
    Don't really have any anymore though since I sold my Snakeskin USA Jackson Soloist the other day.
    Play Suhrs and Tylers mostly.

Never played guitar in girl mode.
    Dressing is an escape from everydaylife and I play guitar for a living so that might be why

Aspiring Member
    Some make take inspiration from early jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt, founder of the Hot Club de France sometime back in the thirties. He badly burned his left hand in a fire and learned how to play lead with his three remaining fingers. Plenty of videos on youtube to check out his playing skill in spite of his handicap.

Ineke

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes he was an amazing player for sure.
    Good to see you Monika its been a long time since I've seen you here.
    80 s guitars are more my thing but I have sold off most all of my USA Jackson and Charvels.
    I am going to keep my 86 USA one hum Jackson because its my #1.
    I enjoy playing the ones I build or have brought back from the dead because its more satisfying.
    I have done two shows live in girl mode filling in for the guitar player an all girl glam metal band.
    It was fun but not something I would want to do all the time.
    I say that because I don't have any desire to get back into a band.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-26-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineke Vashon View Post
    Some make take inspiration from early jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt, founder of the Hot Club de France sometime back in the thirties. He badly burned his left hand in a fire and learned how to play lead with his three remaining fingers. Plenty of videos on youtube to check out his playing skill in spite of his handicap.

Ineke
    A friend of Iommi's played some Reinhardt for him. It was what inspired Iommi to not give up and to keep playing

Bassist here, checking in. Played pro for years. Not at the current time. Would I again? The right situation, definitely. Dressed? That would be fun!