Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How common is under-dressing?

As big a bra as you can wear and feel comfortable with. Some of the dressers on here have a condition where their male breast tissue has grown (edit: gynocomastia) and do require bras to hold everything in place. Others have sensitive nipples, so the material of the shirts they wear rubs the nipple tissue and causes discomfort. And of course, others wear bras for the thrill of wearing something pretty and feminine under their clothes.

If you look online on how to measure for a bra, you can figure out about the size you need. If you are daring enough, you can actually go to a ladies' store like Lane Bryant and be professionally measured and have someone make recommendations about what you would need.
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 12-01-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

as big as you can get away with, where I am an extremely large muscular man with hard pecs so even tight A cup seams will show through my shirts if I am not careful of which shirt I wear, I prefer tight shirts to show off my build...so everyone is differant just experiment at home first
    Look at me, a LARGE power lifting man and under all of this Makeup & Lace and if I can look pretty than so can you!

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaPDX View Post
    Many here under-dress, just watch out for the bra straps, they get you spotted in an instant. Good luck, and have fun
    Can I wear some kind of slip or camisole over it (and under my shirt) to hide the straps?

Sorry for the basic questions - this is all brand new to me.

TIA

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I can't say how common it is in the general public, but for CD'ers it is very common. I have underdressed all of the time since the 90's, usually in cami's, panties, and in the winter pantihose. I also love skirts, but that is for around in house only.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Yes, you can, Attentive Husband. Why would this be impossible?

Silver Member
    Attentive Husband, welcome to this fantastic forum! Your sisters here will always be of help to you.
    To answer your under dressing question, who knows how many do it. Unless I know that I might get hugged, I under dress daily when out in drab: hold up stockings. panties, bra, and small forms, cami or thin blouse. I cover it all with a patterned, front buttoned shirt one size larger then normal. I am the most careful driver on the roed.

I wear panties, in the winter I will wear a camisole when I have a sweater on.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I love undressing, I would say that most of my dresseing is under dressing. In the winter months I wear panties and pantyhose everyday, it gives me the fem feeling pretty much whenever I want. My wife likes it because she feels that she's the only one who knows what I'm wearing under.
    It's very strange I guess when I don't get opportunity at home I sometimes where full slips or bras under. I don't know it just feels so good and I noticed that everyone here dressing habits are different.

I call myself cd lite because I only fully dress in the privacy of my home. I still,do not have forms, wig, shoes or makeup that would complete the package but that is only due to practical logistics, keeping a small stash. However, it is more common for me to have underdressing opportunities and I take advantage of them whenever I can. Panties are easy. Adding a bra, camisole and pantyhose requires more time and cooler weather. ‘‘Tis the season!
    How many men underdress? Who knows? Probably roughly equal to the number of cross dressers. And no one really knows how many there are of us either.

For a while I was underdressing in panties every day. I don't do it now only because I go to yoga after work wearing femme yoga pants and racerback tops and I don't want to be even more obvious than I am already.

I never underdress in a bra; I think they are just too obvious and I don't want to out myself at work. But, if I were to do it, I would wear a racerback bra or a sports bra to minimize the strap buckles and hook-and-eye closure. When I was taking the train into work, I used to make a game of seeing what kind of bra the girls were wearing. It was pretty obvious.

I underdress because I can only go all out girl once a month or so, and this creates just a little be of sanity between dressing events.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    This only occurred once, but one morning, as I was getting ready to dress for work, (jeans, t-shirt, runners) I realized that I had no clean (men's) underwear. I NEVER under-dress, but that day, and having no choice, I looked through my panty drawer and decided to wear a pair of black Haynes spandex/polyester full brief panties. They are the single most comfortable underwear (men & women's) that I have ever worn. The feeling was sensational, but I always worry that someone might find out (having to go to the hospital) or that someone would spot the feminine waistband if I bent over. I've never done it since.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I wear panties mostly now, Haynes cotton bikinis fit best, but recently I found some men's cotton briefs that are just about identical. Once in a while I'll wear a bra as I'm somewhat endowed (B+to C-), but I usually wear a leather jacket over it so it's not very visible when in "male" mode.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Underdressing in my opinion is SOP in the crossdressing community in general. I wear women boyshorts daily they feel 200% better than any men's underwear. The brand I use have some spandex, flat seams, legs about 3 -4 inches long and stop about 2 inches below my belly button and keep he junk in place. Men's underwear typically make me sweat and the seams irate my croch like a baby diaper rash.

Panties every day now usually with hose as well. Only own 2 pair of men's utrows. only use them for medical procedures

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I do, but 24/7, just panties. Bras sometimes in colder months when I can hide it. I honestly don't care about being caught, but I'm not gonna advertise it to the world either. I've punched way more notches on the man card than most would ever dream of. Even had Green Berets teach me in my army days to wear pantyhose during road marches to help avoid blisters.

Those of you who say panties are not comfortable for all day wear, are likely not wearing the right ones. Of course, I only wear briefs, not those dreadful thongs that so many revere!
    Life is too short to be boring.

I'm in panties 24/7, and I wear pantyhose every day, and sometimes a bra under my male clothing. I wouldn't dream of wearing male underwear. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, underdressing is a constant thing.

Panties are like potato chips, you cannot have just one.

I wear panties most of the time (as often as possible but yet being practical with work).

Mine started with panties, now to almost full dressing.

Enjoy the journey.

Many here under-dress, just watch out for the bra straps, they get you spotted in an instant. Good luck, and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by AttentiveHusband View Post
    Can I wear some kind of slip or camisole over it (and under my shirt) to hide the straps?

Sorry for the basic questions - this is all brand new to me.

TIA
    The problem with wearing a cami is the straps are usually very thin, spaghetti straps as they're often referred to. So the cami may help hide the bulk of the bra but do little to hide the straps. What you can do is look for a bra with no wiring and no adjusters on the straps. Something akin to this; http://uk.sloggi.com/women/bras-cami...lor=0003_White or http://www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/slogg...:White,size:32 Made from soft cotton and lightweight.

Ok that bra has adjusters but they're on the front and not down the back and will be less visible. Sloggi bras like this are, btw, very comfortable to sleep in. One thing to bear in mind is if you wear a bra and a cami or tank top under your drab stuff you run the chance of getting a little warmer than usual due to the layering. Tricky the CD'ing, isn't it?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Welcome to the best place I have found that will make you feel good about yourself and let you understand that there's a lot of us out there just like you. You'll like it here and soon you'll get so used to thinking of all of us as girls that occasionally you'll be thrown off when someone says something really boyish like about hunting or working on their truck.

Since coming out to my wife and not having to try hiding my undies, I wear panties almost exclusively. Except when going to the Dr. I'm also a closet crossdresser so I only wear a bra in public if it's cold enough to wear a jacket or something that bra straps don't show through. Got caught out on that one once; I don't go back to that parts store anymore. In Florida it's usually way too hot to wear thigh highs or other hose but I would wear them a lot if it wasn't for that. I can't get enough of wearing women's clothes so I wear as much as I can get away with at any given time but under dress all the time.

Just to let you know that underdressing can occasionally have repercussions even if you think nobody can tell. A little incident that caught me off guard once was an appointment with my Cardiologist. I forgot about it the night before so I had been wearing my bra and breast forms to sleep in and kept them on when I first got up. If you're new to this you may not know that bra strap marks stay with you for a pretty good while. When I remembered the appointment I about freaked but what can you do, cancel or tough it out and hope he doesn't have you pull your shirt off. As the nurse left the exam room she instructed me to strip down to my underwear! He couldn't have missed the marks but said nothing about it. For some reason he 'accidently' took my phone when he left the room. By mistake??? I wondered if he thought he might find some juicy pictures but I keep my phone locked.

It's my guess that you'll want to experience wearing many of the other women's treasures and treats eventually. Women get to wear such a variety of things. Tunics, leggings and knee boots. Daisy Duke shorts and camis. Short skirts and long dresses. Anklets, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, belly rings. Make-up. I don't understand why more men aren't jealous of all of the women's choices.

Liz57
    So never judge a book by its cover
    Or who you gonna love by your lover
    Love put me wise to her love in disguise
    She had the body of a Venus,
    Lord, imagine my surprise

I can not say underdressing is common, but i do underdress. I am a closet crossdresser and it is away I can go out in public unrecognized. Underdressing is away to fullfill my desire to be dressed in public. I don't understanding why I have a desire to dress in public,but I do.

I underdress sometimes, I have to be in the mood for it. Also where and what I might be doing on that particular day.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I underdress at times late at night or if I'm wearing a pair of work pants that won't show any panty lines. I have underdress when i drove to and from Michigan.

I underdress daily all I wear is panties and I wear a bra daily but as others have said watch out for the straps and adjusters I have been outed three times in my years underdressing because of the adjusters but at 54 I no longer care

I don't underdress all the time due to my job, but whenever I can at home I will. Or when I'm out on my own in an area that isn't going to have too many people where I would be more likely to be outted I will wear bra and panties. Otherwise usual just panties.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I've dabbled in under-dressing over the years, but it's never really been "one of my things."

Typically panties & a pair of tights. I used to do that sometimes at work (corporate office setting, with employee numbers skewed a bit more to the GG-side). I just did it mainly for physical & psychological comfort, and perhaps a wee bit of a thrill?

I wouldn't dare do it these days at work, though. Lots of physical activity with a strong possibility of something accidentally showing, or even getting hurt, in more of a testosterone-charged atmosphere -- coupled with that the place can actually be quite a gossip/rumor mill. All set with that, thanks, LOL.

I'll still wear panties every now & then under my guy-clothes, outside of work. But typically I'm already wearing leggings as pants, anyway.

I have done the sports-bra thing every now & then, too, when I used to own one. Padded B-cup. Kinda-sorta noticeable under a guy t-shirt, but could barely get away with it. My usual problem was the bra strap peeking out!

Oh, and I will say that I never started out with under-dressing. It wasn't like it was some sort of "progression" or anything, like a "slippery slope." I believe I had already done the 100% en-femme thing for quite some time, before realizing that under-dressing was even an option.

OP: Just do you.