Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Advice for a New Crossdresser

Quote Originally Posted by New_Wearer View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Looks like some lovely looking items there.

What would you recommend? I'm going to be here for a while so may use the opportunity to make an order.
    It depends upon what you like. Personally I always opt for their high leg panties as they seem to give good support - as the reviews for men confirm - but you may well prefer to go for some other style. As for bras I wear their full cup unlined lace ones. I am a natural 40A, and never use forms, and they have some nice bras in that size - the one I'm wearing in my avatar is one.
    Sasha

Quote Originally Posted by MiniRock View Post
    That's the first time I've laughed out loud at something I've read on this forum Ressie. Thank you. Although I have to say you'll never pass as a woman with a sense of humour like that.
    The truth is funny isn't it
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Well thanks for the recommendation. I decided to finally take the plunge and made an order. I'm still finding my own style but decided to opt for things that are close to what I've been experimenting with thus far.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/jacqu...K&prevPage=plp

http://www.marksandspencer.com/cotto...E&prevPage=plp

It's a start so we'll see where this takes me from here.

I have a question. Who washes your clothes?

Generally, for the most part I do it myself. However, on occasion it will be my mother. Why do you ask?

Hello rookie. Many of us started in a similar way. Mom's, older sisters, aunts. The important thing is that you are now hooked.
    I first dressed in my mom's clothes. She caught me and bought me my own. It was even better having everything fit properly.
    The proverbial guilty feeling. We have all felt it at one time or another. My first thought of purging was when my wife caught me about a month after we wed. My wife called my bluff.
    We use the word hooked but this is the best kind. Drugs, alcohol etc will damage a person. Being a cross dresser will only bring pleasure to you.
    Many of us have been cross dressing since the 50's or 60's. No internet. We thought that we were the only ones that did this. Enjoy the times that you are in. You have the net. Peoples view is much more relaxed.
    You can Google how to measure yourself for a proper fitting bra. There are many different stores that will help
    Be yourself and enjoy.

Hello Cheryl, thanks for your comments.

If you don't mind me asking how did you get caught by your mother/wife? And what did they say when they confronted you about your dressing?

Well thanks for the recommendation. I decided to finally take the plunge and made an order. I'm still finding my own style but decided to opt for things that are close to what I've been experimenting with thus far.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/cotto...E&prevPage=plp

It's a start so we'll see where this takes me from here.
    I am sure you will be very pleased with them. The Jacquard lace ones I wear all the time - bought three new pairs yesterday in blue, white and khaki.
    Sasha

I started wearing my wife's panties about 8 mouths ago. Who knew we were the same size. I didn't really hide it but didn't go out of my way to show off ether. When she first found out she was a little pissed but did not tell me to stop. So I continued wearing her panties off and on. I got to wear I would undress in front of with her panties on and she would just shake her head at me. Two week's ago she set some out for me. Last week she said to me well maybe you should just go buy your own panties. That was kinda exsiting. But I like the idea of sharing hers. Maybe she is just really not all that excited about sharing with me. Not sure how to read her about it. I know she does not want to go shopping with me.
    Thanks for listening to me ramble.
    Sharon

Midessa Sub, aka Sharon:
    Not sure how to read her! This is how: If your wife mentioned that you should get your own stuff, it’s probably a good idea if you did. She obviously doesn’t want to share her stuff.

This is a great thread. I'm just wondering what your aunt would think if she knew almost 6000 people were enthralled in tales of her panties and 80 people wrote down their thoughts on the subject!

Oh, and don't steal or wear her panties! Doh, 81 and rising!

(Get your own, be careful and enjoy the ride!)

PS. When I was a lad, I used to 'borrow' various items of underwear from various family members and friends mum's. I've no idea how I wasn't caught - or maybe I was.......

........I always get my own now.

Only two people in my family know that I do this, my wife & brother. What is your opinion on letting people know about this?

Regarding finding a name, i suggest you Google girls names and read through that list, there is a fair chance something will jump out at you. Alternatively you could put some humour into the panties stealing episode and call youself one of Bonnie, Belle, Moll, Anne or Kate all very famous female criminals
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Well thanks for the comments and I am surprised to have received such a response which has been helpful as I haven't come out to anyone about what I have been doing.

It's not certainly a situation that I ever expected to find myself in at the beginning of the year but I can appreciate advice given on here that it is not a long-term situation that can be maintained. I therefore am trying to transition out of it as best I can.

I don't know if anyone thinks it might be better to come clean about what has been happening so that the issue can no longer be avoided by affected parties and managed/dealt with head on? However, I am at the same time unable to gauge what the exact consequences of such an approach may be and where it may possibly lead. I would be grateful to hear about how anyone who was in a similar situation received responses from significant others?

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I'm a firm believer that unless you want to keep things really small and barely ever indulge then you've got to tell your wife. Eventually she's going to catch you dolled up and the coversation is going to be much more uncomfortable. This is all based on my experience so your results may vary. But after reading your post it appears your young and not married, who do you intend to tell, your parents?

At your stage I can't see why you would tell anyone, you've just got a little panty infatuation right? Who doesn't LOL. Anyway these are the questions that came up when I told my wife.

First question, are you gay? I would expect that question. I don't think my wife thought I was gay, but she had to ask. I was able to answer honestly that I'm not attracted to men.

Second question, do you want to be a woman. This was harder to answer, but I said something like, "No I just want to play on TV." It's really complicated, I would love to live as a woman... for awhile, but I don't want to give up my manhood either. I can see no situation where I'd ever let someone near my junk with a scalpel.

Third question, what do you want me to do about this? Where do I fit in? I didn't have a good answer to this. She was adamant she didn't want to have anything to do with my cross dressing, which I fully respected. But near the end of our conversation she said, "So you're going to be my girlfriend now," which left the door open and so far so good.

To answer another question you had, GO BUY SOME PANTIES! I know its hard but I've done it several places and nothing ever happened, no one could care less. For a sporty style I'd recomend X-Temp boy shorts I think hanes make them. I love them and wear them almost everyday. Very comfortable and great for running and stuff. I also have very traditional cotton panties. I found a bunch of cartoon panties on sale once at Wal-Mart, and you know what the cashier said when she rang up my Cat in the Hat panties, NOTHING. There is no excuse to steal them when you can go through the self checkout at Wal-Mart or wherever and not even have to look someone in the eye.

Another thing to try if you want to transition to full time panty wearing is to get men's bikini style briefs without the flap. They have room for your junk, and are a thicker material, so not quite a panty but close.
    Last edited by sarah_hillcrest; 07-12-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I agree with others- at your age it is extremely disrespectful to be stealing your aunt's things. Go buy your own.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Thanks kindly for your comments Sarah that was very informative. May I ask if you have told anyone besides your wife and how they may have responded?

I had a purge last week but am now regretting it. Is that common?

I am assuming that you bought your own things and then purged them.

From reading this forum, sounds like purge=regret is fairly common.

My SO never purged anything, therefore, no regret.

Far too common!

The easy way to break this cycle is to recognize the following facts:

1) Purging isn't going to make the desire to dress go away
    2) Self-acceptance, while a challenging process, is the only way to cure the anxiety
    3) Throwing away perfectly good things only to rebuy them again is, and I'm being extremely generous here, an "unsound financial model"

I recently had what I call my Final Purge - where I tossed all the hooker clothes and failed experiments that accumulated over the years and kept all the tasteful age-appropriate yummies. That was the only healthy purge in my life, I'm convinced.

You CAN make the shame go away. You just can't do it by purging.

Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaK View Post
    You CAN make the shame go away. You just can't do it by purging.
    Brilliantly put, Katrina. I may steal that and use it in my signature, it's so good. LOL

And yes, New. It is very common, which is why the best advice is to store, but never purge. It's OK to get rid of things for reasons of fashion, or heaven forbid, fit, but never out of shame. You weren't doing anything wrong.

Very common. Purging is also expensive.

The best way forward is accepting yourself as you are. The only thing shame does is induce guilt trips. If need be, see a duly qualified and licensed mental health care practitioner that does not judge. Experience with gender is helpful, but not essential. The overriding issue is judgement. Once that happens, they can't help you. You'll have to find another counsellor.

The only things that should be purged are items that you no longer have you use for. Purging is very expensive too. I'm glad I don't do that anymore. They are right, its doesn't take the desire away. Sometimes purging can make it even worse. The Salvation Army is a great place to take clothes that you no longer can wear or don't want to wear anymore. Save yourself money and headache, and keep your items next time dear.

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    I am assuming that you bought your own things and then purged them.

From reading this forum, sounds like purge=regret is fairly common.

My SO never purged anything, therefore, no regret.
    Yes things I had bought along with some that I had previously 'borrowed' so to speak so now have nothing in my collection.

I am also due to visit my aunt this weekend so that's going to be a difficult visit in resisting heading down that road again.

I am certainly not qualified to give CDing advice, however, I wonder if you need to step back, take a breath, and figure out what you really want. You seem (according to what you have written on this forum) a bit impulsive.

Please don’t take anymore of your relative’s things. You know that just isn’t right. If you purchase more of your own stuff, maybe hide them away if you feel the need to purge. Unless you are independently wealthy, it can get pretty to expensive impulsively purge then regret it later.
    Last edited by char GG; 07-28-2018 at 09:17 AM.