Thread: Life is good

Life is good

Life on the transgender spectrum just keeps getting better and better.

I finally started seeing a therapist about a month ago, to help me sort out my gender, trust, and social anxiety issues. I can see some improvements in my confidence already. She (therapist) has encouraged me to come to our sessions dressed however I want. This week I did go dressed as Beth, and she said I seem more comfortable and less anxious dressed in women's clothes. I had to agree with her. She is very supportive and affirming of my gender status. I wish I had started seeing her a couple years ago.

I also finally came out to a GG friend of mine this week. I always suspected she would be accepting of me being somewhere on the TG spectrum, but was still terrified to tell her. (Fear of rejection is one of the things my therapist and I will be working on) Tomorrow, my GG friend and I are going to go shopping and out for dinner.

One little thing that I didn't expect, both my therapist and my friend said they felt honored that I am sharing this part of me with them. After keeping it a secret from so many and keeping it compartmentalized and suppressed for most of my 62 years of life, I was moved to tears by their support. I already feel less alone, knowing that at least one of my friends knows, accepts, and supports me as Elizabeth as I continue to move forward exploring my gender.

Beth, that’s really wonderful. We can all relate to the doubts, limits of trust and fear of rejection. I still have experience all these. It’s nice to see someone making progress.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Beth, that is so nice you have this acceptance I was where you were about telling but once I told a trusted friend my whole life changed as did my feminine confidence, it will too for you as you feel more comfortable within yourself.
    You have embarked on a jpurney that only can get better as mine has done the same.
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 11-23-2018 at 06:55 PM.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Congrats! That’s a HUGE step! There’s an unimaginable loneliness in not being seen as you want to be seen. Hope things continue to improve.

Aspiring Member
    Beth, when I look back on how my life has changed this year I can pinpoint one evening when I was in a pub with a good friend that I've known for over 30 years. Out from nowhere she asked me if I cross dress. Now, neither of us know what prompted the question. I knew that I was at a crossroads. Either I could say no and carry on as before or say yes. For a reason that I don't know I said "Yes". She burst into (not at all unkind) hysterical laughter. It was more to do with the fact that this big rugged man she had known for so long is a cross dresser. But, as I now look back on the year, I can see that it was at that moment that everything changed. Like you, I moved from living a closeted, compartmentalised life to one where I'm far more open. Yes, life is good and it's great to feel less alone.

You post really resonated with me and I wish you all the best.

Elizabeth may the rest of your journey be as pleasant.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Now then this is the sort of thing I like to read first thing in the morning. Sets me up for the day. Worth at least 4 smilies I think

Thank you, Elizabeth. That is a wonderful and inspiring post.

All the best,
    Anne

Beth,

It appears you have found or, more likely, created the formula that works for you in large measure. Keep refining it. It is a major accomplishment to achieve this level of comfort and acceptance by others. You are to be congratulated, so, congratulations.

Gretchen

So wonderful! And one more person out in the world helping society begin to understand and lose fear about TG experience.
    We are all beautiful...!