Thread: voice? How do you handle it.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I try to talk a little softer. I recorded my voice and thought I sounded like Mr. Rogers, so close enough for me.
    I also notice when dressed my mannerisms just naturally seem more feminine.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Try speaking with your tongue touching the roof of your mouth. Use less volume and keep your voice more in the upper throat. Do not try to raise the pitch of your voice such that it sounds fake. Another item is cadance; a female voice is more flowing.
    Love, Sabrina

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    I try to talk a little softer. I recorded my voice and thought I sounded like Mr. Rogers, so close enough for me.
    I also notice when dressed my mannerisms just naturally seem more feminine.
    This right here. My mannerism goes feminine too, and my voice tends to slow down a little and grows softer by itself. So, same end result just different means of getting there.

Plenty of voice training videos on youtube. As always, practice practice practice.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't worry about it and I don't intentionally change my voice at all really. Except my natural speaking voice is pretty much in the bass range. So rather than trying to raise the pitch of my voice, I try not to let my voice get too low. Sometimes it does but it's not a big deal because I'm not trying to pass to that extent.

Sometimes I feel girly, like there's a happy girl inside. When I feel like that I naturally speak with a more fem voice. It's like the voice I use when I talk to my dog sometimes. Yeah, I'm kind of weird!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Reality Check
    There are some women with a low pitched voice yet you know they are women even if you can't see them. To start with, women typically speak faster than men and use far more words than a man would to convey the same thought. They have different inflections as well. Learning to speak like a woman is something that would take years of constant practice and is probably not practical for the average crossdresser. I try not to put myself in a position where I have to say more than "good morning" or "thank you".
    Krisi

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Not really that bothered about my voice,it is what it is I'm not going to fool anyone so why try putting on a voice that would probably end up being a laughable Monty Python type attempt.The only slight difference is that I perhaps talk a little quieter,there's no typical female voice indeed have heard some female voices that are pretty deep

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Wif my pongue pouching va woof of my mouf??
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.