Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else use clipons......

Clips can be great

It justs take a little longer to find what you want sometimes
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Got mine at the jewelery counter at Macy's. Pierced ears would raise too many question that I don't want to answer. Besides I am a MEGA WIMP when it comes to having anything stuck in my body. Even if I could get them pierced I'd be too scared to do it from the pain. I know, I know, there isn't any real pain involved, but it's just "something" in me that says "this will really hurt badly". Yet I go for a full body wax which isn't much different, go figure.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Piercing is out for me so I have to resort to clipons an have managed to find a couple of pairs I like. I wear them for about 4 or 5 hours at a time and have found that, if I massage my ear lobes between thumb and forefinger, the indentations dissappear fairly quickly.
    I do wish I could go for the pierced ears though.

I wear clip ons, although they can make your ears sore if you wear them for more than a couple of hour at a time. In UK you can find them at BHS and M&S as well as Claires
    'What the caterpillar perceives is the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning'

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    Same as many other girls here, I do clipons.... they bother me after 5 or 6 hours, but that's more than I usually wear them.... just have to be ware of the marks they leave in your ears... just in case you have to make up a good story for such case.
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

Wore clip ons but they hurt after a while. Got the ears pierced over a month and a half ago and I love it! I can earrings all the time! I work doing colonial reenacting, and wear braided gold hoops. They even work when I do victorian on the ghost tours I do. Couldn't get away with any of it if I wore clip ons. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

yes clip-on, just said yesterday that i didm't use e-bay but forgot i got all my clip-ons at e-bay and been really happy with them.
    love isabelle2

Wear clip-ons. Have bought them at several stores. Even have a pair from Avon (haven't seen any recently there). They don't bother me and I rub to remove indentations.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Hi Jessica Clair's has a clipon converter to make clipons out of pierced, I wish I had pierced ears but I can't pierced esrrings are so nice
    angie G.

I've never tried clip on earrings. My ears were pierced before I started dressing.

Buy my husband's at Claire's too. Good selection. He loves them.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenSusan View Post
    I bought hoops of different sizes fron Cliptomania. They're spring loaded so
    they don't hurt too much.
    Yes, I have shopped at Cliptomania also. Nice selection and fast service...

clipons.

I'm new to this site but have been dressing since my teens. That may be why I like clipon earrings. always wear them. I have found that by useing rubber pads on the earring back it will help with the pain.

Thanks..

I will look at claire's, I think earrings help complete the look

Oh to have pierced ears. But alas, that is not in the cards. So I do wear clipons and a couple of them work great and I can wear them for hours. Some are more uncomfy after several hours.
    Joanna

Clip-Ons

Quote Originally Posted by jessica123cd View Post
    anyone else use clipon earrings? Are they worth it? thanks.
    Wear them every time I dress,it helps to round out the whole package and makes me feel femme. I buy alot of mine at flea markets.thrift stores or even antique stores, usally for around $2.00 a pair. F.Y.I. earings with the screw post can be adjusted to relieve preasure on the ear lobe as they can get quite sore after a while.
    Luv, Darley Dee

Better late than later NatalieH's Avatar
    Another vote for Cliptomania, along with thrift-stores. Each pair seems to have a different pressure, so I find myself choosing which ones to wear by how long I plan to keep them in. Some feel so light I've almost forgotten to take them out several times. It's frustrating, tho, to browse thru the large selection of pierced styles in a store looking for the clip-ons. Maybe someday...

Natalie

I also wear clip-ons exclusively. I'm too old to do the pierced thing.....

Cute, Sweet, and Petite!! DeniseNY's Avatar
    It's clip-ons for me; no look is truly complete without them, and I am not likely to pierce my ears any time soon. I own several pairs of clip-ons. I get them from any store that carries misses' clothing.
    "He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
    - Napoleon

"Yeah, whatever, but can you kick MY ass?"
    - Duke of Wellington

Used Clip Ons For Years But Dicied To Get My Ears Pierced To So Will Have A Better Secation Later

I too wear clipons and after a while I don't notice that they are there, so much so that one day after changing back into drab I forgot to remove them and went into the local store with them still on! There were a few people around but I don't remember anything untoward in their reactions towards me. The earrings would have been obvious as i have very short hair.

I use them often. They are great for someone who doesn't want to have her ears pierced. They add a nice feminine touch to the CD experience.

My first pair of clip on earrings was offered to me by a girl friend of mine. She knew about my X-dressing and that was a very thoughtful idea.

The latest one I also received from a GG friend whom I also told about my CDing. It was also a wonderfully thoughtful gift.

Just one negative point about clip on earrings : they can be painful on the ears lobes after wearing them for a long period...

But as we say in French "Il faut savoir souffrir pour etre belle..."

Eugenie

70 pair...

Last count was plus 70 pair. Mainly from estate sales and Ebay and Walmart plus had some made for me... Flea markets, garage sales and antique shops are also great sources...

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

At the risk of being nosy, and I apologise in advance if that is the case, why have several respondants here said they can't pierce their ears because of work? Are there actually rules in some places concerning men having pierced ears? I mean, it is so common today. Or is it fear of what people will say or think? If that's the case, then it surely goes beyond just work. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, I'm really not. What one feels they must do, they must do. I am genuinely curious.

Hugs,

Melissa
    What's the point of instruments, words are a sawed off shotgun-Radiohead

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/melissa.c.keiper

Smitten with my ClaireJ claireswife-gg's Avatar

Another thought...

There are a lot of jewelry artisans out there that have websites or go to craft shows... if you ever see something you like you can request clip-ons. It only takes me about a minute to convert something already made up and I have supplies in the mail to me to make 3 pairs for Claire that she helped me design.

I use sterling silver clip-ons (all my jewelry is at least sterling) and the clip-ons add a couple of dollars to the cost, so do expect a slight extra charge if you want something custom. But, it might be a fantastic way to get something really special that strikes you as *you*.