Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paying the Price

Paying the Price

Hi everybody,
    From the day you "outed " yourself to your Wife/SO/GG, has the Relationship {embracing Love,understanding,sex,mutual trust tenderness etc }resulted in a positive or negative situation, and to what degree?
    Francesp56,
    Melbourne,
    Australia.

Intolerant of intolerance Blonde's Avatar
    For me It got better.
    It was a good relationship to begin with, and like fine wine, has just gotten better with age.
    I am intolerant of those who are intolerant

negative

she moved out
    lovin to dress...

Life went on, I told her as we were getting together and we grew as friends and lovers. I am good friends as Melissa with my ex and my son too. Most of my friends know me as a girl at times, so I guess as an over all, life has got better! And yes its possible for Melbourne Boguns to accept us as TG. Just wish I could get work sorted though..........
    We have to weather the storm before we can enjoy the sunshine

I'd have to say 'stayed the same'. Our relationship was based on love and understanding. She has always tried to understand this part of me, and while she does not *participate* in my CDing, her reaction to it has not been in any way a negative.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Positives and negatives but at this stage more strained during hopefully a long term transition from tolerance to supportive.

before i came out to my Kitty, we were having really hard times.
    things were strained and problems unresolved ..

since then, things have changed dramatically ..
    when i told her, i figured that i was going to lose her forever ...
    but instead i know that we will be together forever ...
    our relationship has developed that much and has strengthened so greatly, its like a totally difference union.

and boy am i glad for that.
    ~They say I'm different, well I'm not the same. - Sevendust~

Maybe the peaks and valleys have grown - or perhaps, more accurately, as they say in the Ozarks "the hills aren't high but the hollers are deep". In geologic time, we may reach full acceptance; too bad we won't live that long. But we're in a nice plateau at the moment - probably boosted by her fondness for the holidays - a contrast to my typical ambivalent brood this time of year. Joni

cdjenny

Exclamation well here is mine

well she has known from the begin..thats how we meet...she did make up for a living..i had her do mine several times...next thing you know we are dating..it was great in the begining..now i just dont know her hardley any more..its like we are just roommates now..i dont think it has anything to do with my cding..but i just dont know...anyway she still helps me with all the things i need help with..that is cding..other than that we are distant to one another...and that is all i can say about that...
    Living is not in how many breaths we take, but in how many moments take our
    breath away.
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Negative from the aspect that she moved out and wants nothing to do with Ericka because Ericka "took" her man away from her. Positive from the aspect of me finally being in touch with my feelings. That's the "price" I had to pay for being myself. So, who's the "winner" and who's the "loser"? It's hard to say. Ericka Kay

Banned Read only

outed?

there's a word I do not know.

must be some new generation thing huh?

"I" have never used it myself.

IF you are referring to the day I told whomever I wanted to transgender???? then I have to answer.......

many people that were once so called friends have turned their backs on me over the years....including 3 wives.

but then? I don't give a damn scarlett.
    I am NOT going to my grave unhappy. they can all kiss my a**

of course, when you are over 50, and set in your ways, with a stubborn german temper.....whom is gonna tell me no?

take care

At first it was negative and after a year it's moved into the neutral zone.....and I don't know if it will ever turn positive but if it doesn't, I can live and survive like this....

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    At first it was negative and after a year it's moved into the neutral zone.....and I don't know if it will ever turn positive but if it doesn't, I can live and survive like this....

Love Karren
    Just so you don't shave your legs in the Summer, right? Ericka Kay

Telling my wife was the best thing I ever did. We have grown together over the past few years and have a blast doing it.

Tiffy
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

girl next door
    Well, it hasn't been quite two months since I came out to my wife. We've had some ups and downs, and she's just now getting to where she's pretty OK with it. On one hand, it's brought us much closer, but we both have some concerns about the challenges it may continue to cause in our relationship. A mixed bag, but on the whole, I'd say positive (I hope ).

This, by the way, is coming from a girl who couldn't have imagined coming out at all, as recently as last year. I was able to, in large part, thanx to all the support and understanding I've found here.

I love you guys!!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

I would like to say neutral, but it deffinately has had its down side for the relationship. This is over 30 + years of her knowing.
    Janice Ailene:

Too soon to tell! I only came out to her Friday evening (12/1). We talked some but she said that she 'needed some time to get her head around it." At the time it seemed that she's was not too happy about my need to dress but it was much better than her absolutly being opposed to it. Since my disclosure to her I have had the opportunity to dress twice while she was away. While I was dressed I felt differently knowing that she knew about my dressing. HOPEFULLY, she will come to accept my dressing and she will move from being neutral to supportive.

I don't know what the future may hold but at least in my case telling the wife was the right thing to do!

I told her before our marriage,she accepted and excited,but she did stressed that as long as I'm not gay,she'll fine.I stopped CD for a long period until about seven years ago when I was in deep depression due to some illness' problem,she started using this issue to attack me,against me,isolated me from the children a
    for her own purposes.

I told wife before we married...she didn't like it but didn't really care to some degree. Now we are married and its really bad....i want to so bad and she wants me to never do it. talk about mis communication...any advise?

Silver Member Iniquity Blonde GG's Avatar

Smile from GG view

when i found out of b/f c/d ( wed been together nearly 15months before i knew), i was really never expected in a million years of him being a c/d ! it ( still does sometimes) take some sinking in, and i wont lie, it isnt all "sweetness'like", but with alot of communication, and yes !! arguments, headway is made sometimes. everybody is differant to how they react to it, ( as the GG's will tell you ), BUT..... it can be fine if handled the right way
    Last edited by Iniquity Blonde GG; 12-05-2006 at 01:46 PM. Reason: missed word out
    [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

Ups & Downs

She has alternated from "I can't believe I'm married to a crossdressing freak" to "I've had some time to think about this and you know what.. this turns me on" to "I can't deal with this and don't know if I want it in my life" to "our daughter deserves to have her daddy" to as of now not much talking about it. She has not been in touch with other GG's and that is something I want her to do. Someone to talk to. She feels isolated right now. I do believe someday she will come to an acceptance and maybe it will become a really fun part of our relationship.

Paying The Price

Joycie's boyfriend only sees me enfemme, and wants to keep it that way. He keeps special lingerie at his place and likes me to lounge in it. I am always enfemme when we get together, and we both like for me to change into the lounging outfits. He likes me to give him market lists for items that I need so that I can prepare brunches and/or dinners for us. He likes to pat my backside and flirt when I am preparing food and cooking, and always addresses me by my femme name. He likes watching me put makeup on, and also he likes brushing my hair, which is part-way down my back. In our relationship there is no 'paying the price' in a negative sense. Actually, he 'pays the price' for everything, because as an old fashioned girl I expect the guy to pay, and so does he, and he does, for everything including gas for my car! When we go out to clubs and restaurants, etc., he is the perfect gentleman including picking up all the tabs and checks.

5+ years later, I can still say that telling my wife was a positive for our marriage. All in all, it has allowed us to open up on any subject without worrying about the reaction we might receive. Basically, we communicate more which has been a good thing.

As a side benefit, we also have more fun fooling around whether it includes dressing or not.

Satin

It has mostly been really good, apart form the time she found she couldn't cope anymore. Recently we have never been closer because we are sharing this again. I love her more and can relax and she knows the real me without the pent up frustration of not being able to dress. We are closer now than ever after 14 years married
    All girly on the inside...time for the outside too.

Our relationship hasn't changed a bit.

That's how dead it's been.