Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Identity confusion

Bi it's little wonder everyone get confused from time to time. I have been called straight, bisexual, cisgendered, FTM, male, female and probably a few I can't even remember this morning. Now days I identify as a pansexual for folks who simply have to have some labels to figure me out. I don't feel I fit in just one box. Some days I feel more masculine than femme. Others it the other way around but in the end I am just me. Maybe some of that confusion comes from evolving as we grow and learn more about ourselves? Or realizing it's not so simple as society would like?

dancin

I wonder if anyone else wonders if they might just be pangender??
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangender
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 06-14-2007 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marla S View Post
    Well, you are there and funny (even in serious threads).
    Just more relaxed I think.
    That's it.

... and you have the better parties
    Which is why I hang out over here, Marla, to get some sanity, not to mention the parties are great. These guys are classy and charming but still know how to have fun. Makes me wonder why I even dress the other way sometimes.

Waterloo Iowa during the summer, Waverly during the school year.

pangender?

Hmmmm.... Pangender might be a good title for me. I hate all the female gender roles and such, but I am more feminine than masculine, but I also like to be perceived as male. Oh and also, i enjoy my genitalia as it is, but my breasts could go and I would be happy. So I'm not sure. On most days I confuse the heck out of myself just trying to fit myself into a category. So I have learned to not fit myself into a box, and just be. Maybe its because I am a laid back person that I can do that, I don't know.

I want to say Bi that I think I know how you feel.

I've never understood gender at all. As a kid I basically thought of myself as a boy... or if I thought of myself as a girl it didn't matter. But I never got a grasp on gender. When you look at how people actually behave in real life it all falls apart. I often wonder if I'm somehow "jammed in the middle" of the whole gender thing so I can't see the duality everyone insists is there. I can see how male and female bodies are different.. most of the time, as in secondary sex characteristics. But beyond that I become badly confused.

*raises hand and jumps up and down* Me, me! I'm pangender!

Ah, a fellow Michigander. (Yeah, I'm one of those people. >.>;; ) Gotta love the weather. Actually, I don't live too far from you...

I'm actually in the same boat as you. Your story sounds very similar to mine. Actually, my similarity to FTM stories, in general, is what started my questioning... Erm, but this isn't about me. It's about you. I agree with what Das said. Gender isn't so concrete as some people think it is. Many people call it a spectrum. I, for example, have recently defined myself as pangender, which dancinginthedark has provided a link for. :D Whether that's just my particular comfort zone right now, or I really am, uh, I just thought I'd throw that out there. In wiki, you can find a number of articules describing different categories that fall in different places on the gender spectrum. It's just something to think about. Or maybe I'm confusing you worse. XD If so, I'm sorry. That is not my intent...

As for passing, unfortunately, it doesn't work as well if you don't commit (ie, going on HRT, getting facial surgery and/or doing other things to change your outward appearance.) I know I wouldn't pass either; my lips are too full, and my face is too round. >.>;; C'est la vie...

I wish you luck. :D

caderemington - you sound a bit like me too...

Rawr, I'm too much all over the place right now. Crave sleep.
    I told you never to interrupt me while I'm rich!