Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Long Would you grow your hair if your could?

Sure I would! used to have it long when young and only cut it when started to thin out. After wearing it shave for a couple of years I tried to grow it again at my wife's insistance. I lokked a mess, so I now visit her stylist to remedy this. Considerably more expensive than shaving, but we all have to make sacrifices don't we?

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    to my butt! and it is on its way!
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

It's about 5-6in.now that's about it
    Angie

Long enough to do a cute updoo! If I could, I'd have it long enough to do the style to the left. Seriously!

I have not actually had a hair cut in 10 years. I will go to the salon and get the split ends taken off, and the back of my neck shaved nice and neat. (Hey, I have to wear a suit to work and it looks so much better when the hair is neat back there). I keep it pulled back and braided during the week.

Though, since it is so curly it never actually looks as long as it actually is. When I let it dry on its own after showering, I get these pinky sized ringlet curls in it. GlitterGG loves my hair long, and I'm glad she does. I wore short (high and tight) hair for too many years in and out of the military.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Well I'm about to recall the days of yester year, when I was a dope smokin hippie with hair on my shoulders...that is until a certain gunnery sargent in SC figured out i'd look much better with a high & tight...< for those of us who have been in the miltary >well needless to say the short hair stuck and the corporate image my company perfers us to keep...so now when i want long hair i just dig out my wigs and enjoy the look...

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcie Sexton View Post
    Well I'm about to recall the days of yester year, when I was a dope smokin hippie with hair on my shoulders...that is until a certain gunnery sargent in SC figured out i'd look much better with a high & tight...< for those of us who have been in the miltary >well needless to say the short hair stuck and the corporate image my company perfers us to keep...so now when i want long hair i just dig out my wigs and enjoy the look...

This was my experience, too. My hair, now, is longer than it's been in my 38 years. Six years of being in the Army, and for the next fifteen years, I kept my hair in an "Officer's Cut." Now it's shaggy...
    -Frankie

Any path of value will point the way within.

So many worlds, so little time...

iNFj
    Cluster Headache Support/Information
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

It's as long as you see it in the avatar. I always had it cut quite short until over three years ago when I decided to let it grow. I'd like to get it trimmed a bit though, to cut the frizzy split ends...
    I have a birth defect: a Y chromosome.

I have been very fortunate to have a nice full head of hair and I have worn it long and styled and even permed most of my adult life. A few years back I had it 3/4 ways down my back. Wore in ponytails or braids for a long time. Then tried a few midlength womens styles down to a shortish layered girlish cut. Since then, I have been letting it grow out some, but keep visiting my stylist who is keeping it nicely shaped up and layered but letting it grow longer in the back. Now bottom is nicely layered down to just below my bra line and I would like to have it just a little longer yet. It does take sometime to dry or style now, but I have a lot of natural curl with it and the nice layered cut seems to be working well for me. I now dress in womens clothing 24/7 and my wife is now much better with it then when I started. She now likes the long layered cut and finds some time to help me keep it nice looking. The last time I had a guys haircut was 17 and I hated it and started growing it right back out soon after. If I could I would let it grow all the way down my back and keep it slightly layered and fully curly. But that length would be just so much work to keep it up. I receive compliments on my hair from women almost every week.

PennieS

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    I've decided to swear off haircuts for a while. Every time I sit down in the barber's chair, it feels like a personal defeat.

Yesterday it was windy, and I was enjoying having my slightly lengthening locks tossed around. Made me feel very nice.

I'll still need a wig, though. Plenty of hair on top, but my forehead is about two inches longer than it was when I was in my 20s!

***Jenna***

At one time my hair was a hands width from my waist. Its to bad I couldn't embrace my female side then. I had to get drunk and I didn,t respect myself in the morning.
    I wouldn,t grow my hair that long now. Only because I don,t want to look like George Carlin. My head reflecks light in places! I have hair in may places that is longer than what is on my on my head.

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    As a teen my hair was long,nearly to my bra strap but with the Marine Corps that went away and I kept it high and tight since then until recently,last year. Its shaved now and stays that way,I have lost just to much to let it grow but could I then to the bra strap again.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

A little mullet like right now. The bangs are come to my lips the back is at my shoulders.
    This is the fourth time I've grown it. I've had the extresme mullet of the eighties. I've had gorgeous waist length hair but to curly to tell is was that long. I've done shoulder length bob. Which is what I intend to achieve again. I have to stick it under a hard hat.
    But i also fall under the artist catagory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

id love long hair, all the way to my waist. maybe will grow it out oneday

I have to agree with growing it to the waist too

I've read quite a few posts that they would grow their hair to their waist. I think I would have to agree with them. If I ever get the chance to grow it again, I would let it grow to my waist too.For those of you who are on their way, you go girl!, your so lucky.
    Sarah

At one point in high school my hair was down to my earlobes, but it was getting wavey, and therefore on my nerves. So at graduation I buzzed it. Then I kept it short during my military service (didn't dare dress at that time mind you, so it wasn't a problem), and it has stayed short since my separation from service.

I have been considering growing it back out, but I'm not certain how to manage it.

Anyone one with long hair have any tips one how to keep it groomed while growing it out?
    Last edited by Kroma; 07-13-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: poor grammer : (

Kroma
    --------

"The road less traveled," is often less traveled for a reason ... mine is 6" stiletto's.

Bozo Stage

Usually I get to where I am now and cut it. I call it the "Bozo Stage", that awkward point where it defies gravity and goes out sideways, especially under a hat This time I'm pushing through that part, waiting for the "getting long" comments with my prepared answer that Willie Nelson grew it long, why not me? Don't know how long I'll grow, be there when I get there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had kind of a bob when I was younger...still wasn't long enough to be girly though. I guess I would grow it long enough to wear a pony tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    This long!

That was a few years ago. It's still long but really starting to thin out and barely reaches past my solder blades now.

But I am also thinner too.
    That was a nice picture of your hair when long, looked really nice. Oh to be young again and be able to grow it long and thick like I used to

PennieS

I had shoulder length hair when I was teen. unfortunately my hair is grows so thick, and wavy. After the military I grew it long again but cut it for a job, have kept it relatively short ever since. I have been cutting my own hair lately but may see about growing it again, and keep it thinned by a pro.

Kymmie

Shoulders

I always keep mine to at least my shoulders. I hate having short hair.

Cynthia
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

Unfortunately, I am bald so I really can't grow my hair but if I could it would be one of my most desired fantasies come true. But I don't think I would go past shoulder length. I have always been partial to page boy and bob styles. Just like my avatar photo. I loved Dorothy Hamill's cut, also.

I would grow my hair about half way down my back. That would be awesome!

Pedal Steel Guitar Player Patricia Danielle's Avatar

Hair!!!!!

Yes I agree. The longer the better. I'd be quite happy if mine hung clear to the floor! When I was living at home growing up, I had 11 sisters my hair was almost to my knees, then I got ate up with a sudden violant attack of the stupids and joined the canoe club and as Paul Harvey says and now you know the rest of the story. Moe job delux..Patricia..
    I have COFFEE life is good!!

Have you ever looked in the mirror and realized the lights are on, but nobodys home?

Lifes not mesured by how many breaths we take, but rather by how many moments take out breaths away!

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

I don't know how long it's gonna get. So far it's not long enough. I think I am trying to make up in length what I am lacking in volume, because as I age, my hair gets thinner, plus the fact that after 20 years in the service I am doing as I damn well please. My wife hates it.