Thread: Salon Envy

Salon Envy

I went for my regular haircut today. I go to a salon that has 90%+ female clientele and is an older 60s type salon. I get my hair shampoo'd, cut and styled by a nice woman who does a great job, though she doesn't seem to get my hints that I would like it done more femininely. Today as I am leaving, there is a woman who is just getting started on a perm. Her hairdresser was just putting in her third perm rod and it was obvious that the rollup would take at least a half hour and then probably over another hour to process the perm and style it. I sure wish that was me getting the perm! There was also another woman in rollers under the dryer. There just is no justice in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyCross View Post
    I went for my regular haircut today. I go to a salon that has 90%+ female clientele and is an older 60s type salon. I get my hair shampoo'd, cut and styled by a nice woman who does a great job, though she doesn't seem to get my hints that I would like it done more femininely. There just is no justice in the world!
    Take a picture in how you want it just like we GGs do. They have style books in there you can go early and look for a style or look online and save a picture to your phone. How else do you think she’s going to know???

And no justice in the world....that’s on you . If you are afraid to ask for what you want? How is that anyone’s fault but your own?
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyCross View Post
    [...]There just is no justice in the world!
    Count your blessings. Also, check your privilege.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    So get a perm, men get get perms, remember the 70's

Banned Read only
    You have hair to have cut? I envy you.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Count your blessings. Also, check your privilege.
    I'm thinking that "No Justice" thing was a sarcastic joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    You have hair to have cut? I envy you.

Wow that puts things in perspective.

To the OP:

You want a feminine style? Then stop "hinting" and tell the stylist exactly what you want. You're a big girl, use your words.
    Last edited by Jodie_Lynn; 07-11-2019 at 07:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Come out and tell her what you want simple as that.
    Back in my rocker days 70s and 80s I had my hair down to my waist and done in layers.
    The layers underneath were done in a light blonde and my natural color auburn was on the top layers.
    I paid $50.00 a cut and style back then and that was outrageous to most people.

The girls at the salon are not mind readers. Just tell or show them what you want.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    They won't think you are gay so don't worry.
    You can still keep your man card.

Hair stylists like making people look pretty. And they appreciate your money when you pay for long or complex services. Very, very few are judgmental, and many like working on challenging transformation projects. Just ask. If you've caught vibes from your current stylist that she might not be open to this, look for another. You won't have to search far.

- Diane

It's really not a big deal. I got perm when I was 18. Didn't really stop and think about whether it was an effeminate thing to do or not. Just didnt want long straight hair at the time. Ha. 'Straight hair'. I say march right back in there and demand a perm!

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_hillcrest View Post
    I'm thinking that "No Justice" thing was a sarcastic joke.
    Exactly! No compassion at all! I'm glad you agree.
    Last edited by Patience; 07-12-2019 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Forgot the apostrophe.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I also have trouble describing how I want my hair cut, so when my barber retired after 15+ years of cutting my hair, I just let it grow!
    I think it looks really good, now that it reaches my armpits.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 07-12-2019 at 06:11 AM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    So get a perm, men get get perms, remember the 70's
    Actually, I did that in the 90's. Worked in a large government building complex. The guys on our team jacked with me all day but, the women couldn't keep their hands off me.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

How were you dressed? My wife doesn't want me to dress in my town so I go to a stylist half way to my work out of our town so I can go dressed how I want.

I am thinking of getting a perm someday, but since I think it would be a one time thing wonder how it will look a few months down the road.

Wow! Lots of replies to what I thought was just a harmless comment. Actually my hairline is too high for a perm to work for me now and if my style got truly feminine (even with my high hairline) it would harm my relationship with friends and family. I know it is easy to say "Then they are not really your friends, etc." Unfortunately, my friends and family are not very accepting of the transgender way of life. Maybe in 10 or twenty years things will change but in my corner of the world that's the way it is. Hence, my post envying women.