Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Observations as you experiment with ladies' clothing (learning experince).

Observations as you experiment with ladies' clothing (learning experince).

I've noticed a few things with crossdressing that show crossdressing can be a learning experience. Examples.

1) My first experience of crossdressing was in my mid-teens with a pair of tights (within a week it was bottom half then fully dressed a week later ? I was a late developer let?s say). A programme on television and made me wonder what they'd be like and I thought I'd give it a try. As suggested elsewhere on here, there was no turning back once I tried a time of women's clothing (I wonder how many potential crossdressers there are out there who are yet to sample ladies clothing), but that's another story. You quickly learn the art of rolling hosiery onto legs rather than pull them on like pants.

2) Most other items of clothing were straight forward pull on and fasten as appropriate. Where a skirt had a zip fastening, I soon learnt to do it at the front then twist the skirt round to place the fastening at the back. Blouses were most confusing, with fastening being to opposite to men?s' shirts.

3) Walking in heels is an acquired act if the heels are too high. The positioning of the foot in a high heeled shoe is not the same as a flat shoe and you have to learn to place your foot such that toe and heel make contact with the ground roughly together and you don't have the same push up with your foot in a heeled shoe that you do in a flat shoe. This is easily learnt with heels less that say two and a half inches (as far as I think I'll push it as higher starts to hurts the ball of my feet), but harder above that height. I will make the strange comment that I have a long term knee injury and in heels, there is less pressure on that injury due to the change in posture.

4) Fastening bras and suspender belts can be interesting with hook and eye fastenings at the back. Bras especially, this is an acquired knack that takes a few goes to get right. I've seen a suggestion of fastening the bra first then pulling it on over your head and into position as an alternative. Separately, I don't think I'll ever find a bra comfortable.

5) Tights versus hold-ups versus stockings and suspender / garter belt. It's a toss-up between tights and hold-ups as to which are easier to pull on. Wearing them, hold-up elastic dig into your legs and there is a tolerance level whilst tights feel clammy in the crotch area and eventually seem to start sagging.

Stockings plus suspender / garter belt are to me the most comfortable and convenient once in place, the obvious thought being wearing the panties over the suspenders so going to the toilet meant just pulling the panties down and doing the necessary without having to undo anything else. With tights and potentially but less so hold-ups, it can be a hassle to put things back in place after the fact. However, stockings with garter / suspender belt can be the most difficult to put on.

The suspender belt is straight forward as is pulling or rolling on the stockings. But then comes the fastening of the stockings to the suspenders. Learning first to adjust the length of the suspenders to correctly fasten to the stockings then push the button through the hole then push down to fasten the stocking in place was a little tricky. Harder was fastening the rear suspender (four strap) or suspenders (six strap) until I realised, I could fasten the rear strap at the side then twist the stocking round the back to put in place, before doing the front strap last. I see why women get annoyed with them.

Another issue is the right sized stockings. If you've long legs, you need large or plus-sized stockings or the stockings can pull on especially plastic fastenings (hence recommendations of metal fastnings) and come undone.

But once you get the stockings and suspender / garter belt combination sorted, then yes, I find that the most comfortable option of the three.

Indeed, it?s a learning but enjoyable experience.

Sue

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think we all have figured that out at one point or another.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I fasten the bra in front then spin it around and put my arms through, easy peasy.

Banned Read only
    Majella, every GG I have seen put on a bra, including my mother, every girlfriend, and my wife put their bra on by hooking it in the front and spinning it around.

I have asked my wife about hooking it in the back and she just laughed and said "Nobody puts on a bra that way unless maybe they are tiny and the bra only has one hook".
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-25-2020 at 12:13 AM.

I can undo a bra one handed very easily now. My girlfriend is always amazed at me doing it when we're getting frisky.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Majella, every GG I have seen put on a bra, including my mother, every girlfriend, and my wife put their bra on by hooking it in the front and spinning it around .
    You saw your mother putting on a bra? Damn my sheltered childhood.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

When walking in heels, one does NOT put the heel and toe down together unless you want to look like a drill-team marcher. It's heel-to-toe, just like in flats, or guy shoes. One just takes smaller steps.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by southerngirl View Post
    I can undo a bra one handed very easily now. My girlfriend is always amazed at me doing it when we're getting frisky.
    My wife did notice how easily I undid her bra once, oops.

Lol the good old days!

Sue,

Yep, we've all been there. Learning to do bras up, I do mine around the back, no trouble, lots of practice I suppose. Dresses with zips on the side, left or right, same for skirts. It's something discussed here many times, and for the record, they go on the left.

Heels is a two stage process. learning to walk around the house only partially prepares you for walking outside and for any distance. Only worn stocking a few times. Holdups I feel make them sort of redundant. I can see they have a certain glamour, sexiness but practicality wins out for me.

Little skills and tricks we learn along the way. Putting a skirt over a blouse then lifting the skirt to pull the blouse down to get it even all round is one example. Then there's the first time you wear false nails and nearly take an eye out because you forgot they were longer and more pointed. It's hard this CD'ing thing.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I taught myself to put my bra on with the hooks in back. To me it wasn't a hard skill to learn.

My wife commented on it while fixing her bra in front and turning it around to the back. She said that's how all women fasten them but I didn't believe her until.....

I was watching a really bad sci-fi movie with Don Johnson (A Boy & His Dog) and the female lead in the movie was dressing in the background. Yup, she fastened her bra in front and whipped it around, easy peasy.

I've done it that way ever since.

I was surprised by your "I don't think I'll ever find a bra comfortable" comment. It sounds like you may be wearing the wrong size bras. I have some very comfortable bras as well as some that are not as comfortable that I bought because I liked the look of them. If you pick the right band size to fit snugly but overly tightly, and pick the right cup size so the underwires are positioned correctly and are the right length for your body, and stretch out the bra slightly if the fit is close but not perfect (hook the bra and overnight put it over the back of a padded chair that is slightly wider than the width of your body-repeat for a few nights if necessary-a lingerie store employee gave me that tip years ago). If you do all of that then there shouldn't be any real reason your bras shouldn't be reasonably comfortable. With my most comfortable bras I can wear them for hours and barely notice I have them on.

I've always put my bras on by hooking them in the back. Perhaps I'll try hooking them in the front and then turning them around. Never thought about it. I have a couple of racer back bras that are front hook, very easy to fasten and unfasten. I find the racer back bras tend to fit me best. The straps stay in place a lot better. It's always a struggle to find the right combination of band size and cup size. Someday I'll work up the nerve to actually get fitted properly. The first time I tried on a pair of pantyhose I tried to put them on like a pair of pants. I'm sure that we all know how well that works!!! Makeup is a complete mystery to me.

Sue, I generally wear long line bras and it would be an impossibility to get eight or so hook and eyes to match up, so no option other than matching them in the front and twisting the bra around. With my girdles I often attach the snap to the stocking before pulling it up.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Sue,

Yep, we've all been there. Learning to do bras up, I do mine around the back, no trouble, lots of practice I suppose. Dresses with zips on the side, left or right, same for skirts. It's something discussed here many times, and for the record, they go on the left.

Heels is a two stage process. learning to walk around the house only partially prepares you for walking outside and for any distance. Only worn stocking a few times. Holdups I feel make them sort of redundant. I can see they have a certain glamour, sexiness but practicality wins out for me.

Little skills and tricks we learn along the way. Putting a skirt over a blouse then lifting the skirt to pull the blouse down to get it even all round is one example. Then there's the first time you wear false nails and nearly take an eye out because you forgot they were longer and more pointed. It's hard this CD'ing thing.
    I hear you, but the elastic of hold-ups I find uncomfortable. That said, they are simpler.

The bra comments in that you fasten round the front and spin round make sense as I've found this with the suspender belt.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Zwidling View Post
    I was surprised by your "I don't think I'll ever find a bra comfortable" comment. It sounds like you may be wearing the wrong size bras. I have some very comfortable bras as well as some that are not as comfortable that I bought because I liked the look of them. If you pick the right band size to fit snugly but overly tightly, and pick the right cup size so the underwires are positioned correctly and are the right length for your body, and stretch out the bra slightly if the fit is close but not perfect (hook the bra and overnight put it over the back of a padded chair that is slightly wider than the width of your body-repeat for a few nights if necessary-a lingerie store employee gave me that tip years ago). If you do all of that then there shouldn't be any real reason your bras shouldn't be reasonably comfortable. With my most comfortable bras I can wear them for hours and barely notice I have them on.
    I don't think I've ever found a woman say they find a bra truely comfortable to be fair.

Banned Read only
    Sue,
    Like others I just found the easiest way with a bra was fasten at the front and twist it round , all the GGs I've known have never fixed it from the back .

I agree with stockings and suspenders , they have so many good points , stockings are harder to buy on the High Street , I've found a good source of Charnos 24/7 , whcih are a great everyday item , being available in 3 sizes and 4 shades in double packs .
    As for hold ups the simple answer is they don't ! I've been let down too many times with various makes , there's nothing worse on a freezing cold day than feeling them sliding to the knees hoping they don't go any further !

Heels are a tricky one , I have more comfortable higher heeled ones than some lower ones, it really does depend on the fit , I had no problem dancing all night in 4" ones but for the day my boots are easier on the eye at about 2".

I will admit it is a learning curve , I don't think we ever stop learning , some things become easier , like makeup and somethings do get discarded , going full time I still found as hard if not harder because I had to learn how little rather than too much with my makeup and then discovering appropriate clothes , that is when you find the holes in the choices in your wardrobe . I also admit accepting wearing jeans / trousers but then learning how to dress them up or down , for all that I could never go back to male mode .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-26-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Just another vote for the fasten and rotate bra club. By the way I rotate to the right so the tags on my bra stay aligned with the bra band. Just thought I would add that information for those who wondered.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    I used the same technique for years, but have just lately begun being able to fasten the bra behind my back.

I fasten my bras in the back, always have and never found it difficult. I don't like that "abrasion" of spinning the bra around.
    I can unhook my bra with one hand, and take it off without removing my shirt.

I prefer thigh highs with the silicone liner, as they stay where you put them.

Like Joni said, you walk in heels the same way you do any other shoe. The only time I ever see women land both heel and toe at the same time is on the runway and it always looks intentional, and uncomfortable. Just take smaller steps.
    If you really want the practice, get a treadmill and use it to walk in your heels. Start with something short, I'd say nothing over 2"

Quote Originally Posted by Mackem Sue View Post
    I hear you, but the elastic of hold-ups I find uncomfortable. That said, they are simpler.

The bra comments in that you fasten round the front and spin round make sense as I've found this with the suspender belt.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I don't think I've ever found a woman say they find a bra truely comfortable to be fair.
    I agree that can be a real issue for women, but assuming a woman is wearing the right size bra I think the discomfort has more to do with transferring the weight of the breasts to the structure of the bra than with the bra itself. Without that breast weight a bra is really just some elastic and fabric wrapped around your chest, so assuming the elastic isn't too tight against your skin, underwires aren't digging in where they shouldn't be etc I see no real reason for a bra to be all that uncomfortable.

Typically when I wear a bra the cups are either empty, slightly padded or have a set of 'enhancers' in them which weigh much less than breasts. I rarely wear forms that weigh the same as breasts, and if I do it is usually only for a few hours. When I do wear forms with realistic breast weight for hours yes the bra is less comfortable, but to my earlier point that is from the elastic now digging into my skin because of that weight transfer from the breasts to the bra band and not because the bra itself is intrinsically uncomfortable. That is a trade-off I can make as I don't have any actual breast weight, and my response assumes that is a trade-off you can make as well.

1. I don't 'roll' my stockings. I gather them up in my hands, and let them slide off onto my legs as I gently pull them up, stretching them onto my legs, and then clip them onto my garters, or if pantyhose, continue to slide and stretch them onto myself.
    2. I have no problem zipping up a skirt with the zip at the side or the back, once it's pulled up to my waist.
    3. Walking in heels is the same as walking in any other shoe; you land on the heel, and then fall onto the ball of the foot, and then push off with the toe.
    4. Bras I do the 'clip and spin' method of putting them on, just as I've seen countless girlfriends do.
    5. Tights and pantyhose will naturally slide down during the daytime as we move. I work primarily with women, who periodically need to pull their hosiery back up, but almost always do so when they go to the ladies room to urinate. So it's just a periodic natural adjustment of their clothing after that. Though, several have agreed that cheap pantyhose will often wind up with the crotch area winding up at their knees.
    6. If you wear the same brand of stockings, the garters will be in the same position as with the previous wearing, unless you have intentionally released the clamps. So no adjustment is usually necessary. Most women don't automatically wash their garter belts (and many their bras as well) with every wearing. Normal sized women don't perspire as much as men do.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Okay, so here is the super secret, long time bra wearing, wonderful gg women I love, process for installing most bras.

Hold the bra to your back, upside down. Fasten the hooks in front. Spin bra while inside out and upside down (straps down). Use the straps to raise the bra as you are threading your arms into the straps, cupping the girls as it raises, and flopping the base at the same time, and wallah.

Works great.
    Hugs
    Meesh
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body.
    "not that there's anything wrong with that"-George Costanza
    I just feel pretty in pink

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Majella, every GG I have seen put on a bra, including my mother, every girlfriend, and my wife put their bra on by hooking it in the front and spinning it around.

I have asked my wife about hooking it in the back and she just laughed and said "Nobody puts on a bra that way unless maybe they are tiny and the bra only has one hook".
    This is why anecdotal evidence is just that. Anecdotal. I know a lot of men AND women who don’t need to do the “clasp and spin”, my wife included who NEVER puts on a bra like that. For the record my wife is anything but tiny and regularly uses bras with 3-4 eyes.

That being said, there’s nothing wrong with the “clasp and spin” if you can’t get it fastened behind your back.

For more info, see: https://ravishly.com/swoop-and-tuck-...r-bra-properly
    Last edited by Micki_Finn; 01-27-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    I fasten the bra in front then spin it around and put my arms through, easy peasy.
    Now why didn't I think of that?
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

My girlfriend usually leaves the hooks fastened and then pulls the bra down over her head, kind of like a t-shirt. I think fastening it the front of you, spinning it around and putting your arms though the straps is much more feminine looking. But hey, to each their own.