Thread: Shaving in the shower

Shaving in the shower

Why is it that I cant wait to get in the shower to shave my legs and under arms every day. but I hate it when I shave my face? Is it because when shaving our legs it makes me feel more femine and the smoothness of it?

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Hi Jordan!

If you are like me shaving your face is a reminder of the truth that this is a ruff and tough male body, but you desire the softness of how it feels to be feminine.

Hugs
    Trisha

I agree with that assessment.
    My wife and I just had a week long "girls only" vacation. At the end she was asking me if I had a good time and that was the one point that I brought up. With the exception of the every morning shave I was completely lost in the feeling of enjoying being a woman. Every where we went, everything we did was fun and relaxing and I got to forget about everything else going on. That morning ritual facing the mirror was the one detriment to the entire week. As I told my wife, it is the one thing that made me want to explore laser or electrolysis even more.
    I eplilate completely and love the smoothness it brings, but those moments before the mirror are like a slap in the face. A rude wake up call that I too really dislike.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Longing2be-Trisha View Post
    Hi Jordan!

If you are like me shaving your face is a reminder of the truth that this is a ruff and tough male body, but you desire the softness of how it feels to be feminine.

Hugs
    DANG ! - Oh sure thanks, I was doing so good drinking my morning coffee and reading all about my girl friends..

<heading to the bathroom to shave my face>

Silver Member
    The alternative, NOT shaving your face, seems to me to be a huge affirmation of your masculinity. Maybe you'd better rethink your reaction to facial hair removal.

S

Not really aropos to crossdressing, but maybe relevent to the post: I was watching an ESPN program a couple of nights ago about Chris Herren, a talented basketball player (high 2nd round NBA draft pick) who ruined his career with booze, pills, and pot. He said something to the effect that he couldn't shave his face except in the shower when he was using drugs and booze because he hated to look in the mirror and see the man he had become, but once he got clean he started shaving in a mirror again.

Do some CD/TS prefer to shave in the shower so they don't have to look at their masculine features in the glare of the mirror and bathroom lites?

I shave in the shower sometimes, but have a borderline OCD personality and a dislike for body hair, so once I start shaving my face I often cannot stop until I've shaved (almost) every square inch on my body.
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 11-03-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    Shaving my face is a daily reminder of how expensive my laser treatments are lol. In terms of shaving anywhere else, there is simply no way I would ever feel feminine without it. Oh and I shave in the shower because it how you get the best shave, short of laying hot towels over your face to lift the follicles. My face is always the last thing I do in the shower so the face has been exposed to the steam as long as possible and then once I am done i rush cold water over to recede the lifted follicles. (Just a tip )
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

I don't shave IN the shower...I was simply saying that the act of shaving my face is something inherently masculine. As such it was detracting from my complete enjoyment of my femininity during the week long vacation. Similarly it is a bit of a downer to have to perform that ritual as I'm readying myself to go out.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I save everything in the shower including my face. Have one of those stick on mirrors on the shower wall. And it doesn't bother me to shave my face.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    So for GMs it's the whiskers on the face

And for us it's the
    hair on the head, brows, lip, ears, in the nose, on the arms, feet, toes
    the extra 1/2 pound we feel we gained
    and the little wrinkles that are getting bigger

I have shaved my face in the shower with no mirror for 45 years. I learned to do it in army boot camp.
    In boot camp, it was done as a time saver-no fighting for mirror and sink time. Since then I have found that the steam from the shower gives me a perfect smooth shave every time. I've tried going back to the sink and mirror, but the razor pull is horrible.

Guess I'll continue shaving in the shower til I die.

Jodi

Shaving the face is because we need to and shaving elsewhere is because we want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I save everything in the shower including my face. Have one of those stick on mirrors on the shower wall. And it doesn't bother me to shave my face.
    Karren,

How do you keep the mirror from fogging up? LOL