Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plumber did a two step at my front door !

Banned Read only

Plumber did a two step at my front door !

I have a problem with my heating system so I arranged for a plumber to call this coming Friday , well he rang today to see if he could have a quick look to see what parts he may need . He said he was only five minutes round the corner , I was fully dressed in a blouse and pleated skirt with full makeup and wig and deep into my painting so no way I could change even if I wanted to . So all I said was I'm TG so may answer the door not quite as he would expect . Evenso he did do a two step when he saw me , he was fine about it and checked the fault out , I did point out I was going out on Friday evening so would be getting tarted up in the afternoon , looks like I could get the job done in double quick time !!

The plumber that I use has been to my house several times. He only knows Carole and I have no intention of telling him anything else.
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    Why would you tell a plumber any of that stuff?

Teresa, I loved your “ Getting tarted up in the afternoon”. That made me smile as it sounds like real fun!
    Crissy

Girl, you don't need to explain to people you're TG! Just be you with no explanation and the vast majority of people will just assume you're a woman. You've come a LONG way! It's time you settled into being the woman (that you are) and forget about all this revealing nonsense!

Banned Read only
    Roberta,
    Because he will be working with an assistant all day so at some point I will have to get ready and apply more makeup and change into my evening wear before they have finished ! How can I not say anything ?

Rhonda,Carole,
    I'm perfectly OK about going out and having delivery people call but not as comfortable with a situation with meeting a tradesman at the door who will have to enter my home , that is a first for me dressed . At least it has made it easier for Friday depending how long the job does take .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-11-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Teresa, Tarting up? I thought that was a job done in the kitchen! LoL
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    Yes , I do like making tarts but it does need a special outfit ! Don't tell me you know a joke about a plumber !!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Roberta,
    Because he will be working with an assistant all day so at some point I will have to get ready and apply more makeup and change into my evening wear before they have finished ! How can I not say anything ?
    The plumbers are there to fix the plumbing, nothing else.

I am pretty sure a GG would not tell the plumber she will be getting all tarted up while they're working.

Was he expecting a man? did you make the appointment in your male name? And if he's not done by the time you have to get tarted up will there be running water for you? will you be dressed as your male self when he arrives and then get dressed? inquiring minds want to know!
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    Obviously I did not alter my voice when I first phoned him to call and I used a male name . I prefer to meet them again dressed on Friday morning now he knows my situation . Although I did have to cancel a meet up with a new CDer with another member who wants to join us at our next social meeting and that was planned in drab .
    It's only a diverter valve and a pressure release valve on the central heating side , so I should still have hot and cold running water . It shouldn't be a long job depending if he finds the system doesn't want flushing through but if it goes on till late afternoon I don't have a choice but will have to redo my makeup and get changed for the evening .

Roberta ,
    A GG might in those circumstances ask if she would have hot and cold water if she was going out for the evening , I don't see a difference .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-11-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Teresa I think you did just great!

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Silver Member
    If he's any kind of a pro, he knows it's none of his G D* business what you wear and that your money is just as green as anyone else's. In that context, you owe him absolutely nothing in the way of explanation of forewarning.

G D - gosh darn. What were YOU thinking it stood for?

Banned Read only
    Suzanne,
    Getting a good plumber in the UK isn't easy to find I didn't want toi scare him off on my doorstep , as I said he did do a two step before entering but then again I forgot to say my dog also met him at the door !

Plumber, get out in double quick time, should be half price.....
    See, there advantages in what we do. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Plumber Update

He called earlier than expected on Friday morning so I hadn't time to dress anyway , when I touched on the previous visit he did thank me for telling him about being dressed before his visit . I don't think he really understood but we did have a little joke about it . Anyway he's perfectly happy to do more work for me and is also happy to take on the maintenance contract of my rental property .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-15-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Really? No you don't need to explain yourself.

Be yourself it will all be fine.

I work in trades. When I'm on the job I'm representing the company. I'm there to do the job in a courteous, timely manner and it's down the road to the next one.

It's your life, but if you can get passed how you are dressed when meeting people it will make your life much easier.

That being said I still like to dress completely when meeting people for the first time.

Besides this is completely normal for women. I never show up at a customer’s house without an appointment.

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    I know part of my problem is trying to lose what my wife thinks about it , also I'm always sensitive and aware of what other people think . That may come from my photographic background where I was continually trying to read people to get the right or positive reaction from them . The last thing I could afford to do was offend them in anyway otherwise the session wouldn't happen , I'm still sensitive to offending people .

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Plumber Update

He called earlier than expected on Friday morning so I hadn't time to dress anyway , when I touched on the previous visit he did thank me for telling him about being dressed before his visit . I don't think he really understood but we did have a little joke about it . Anyway he's perfectly happy to do more work for me and is also happy to take on the maintenance contract of my rental property .
    See, your money spends just the same as anyone else's. As a tradesman myself, the only thing I'd object to when a person comes to the door is, does your dog bite? (Oh and birthday suits) What I do object to, is lazy bum adult children that won't answer the door, or gripe about being woke up. (At 2:00 in the afternoon) If you offered him a maintenance contract on your rental, congratulations, you made his day. (If you offered it to me, I'd have danced all the way to the truck)
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Teresa,

Lovely.
    Another adventure in every day living. This time it's as an entirely new human being; a new you. It's so interesting how the most pedestrian task is almost a new experience because it is seen through the eager eyes of Teresa.
    I'm not precisely in your place with respect to relationships. But by God I do admire the inner strength you've displayed in making positive change for your own well-being and peace of mind.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Your constant need to explain yourself where no normal person would (TG, TS or otherwise) dismays me. It can be driven by either exhibitionism OR a total lack of confidence in who you think you are, nothing else.

I can't see any flaws in your first discussions with the plumber. I'm sure the result would be light-hearted and understanding.

Banned Read only
    Daisy,
    You need to read my full replies before making odd comments like this ,"Any normal person !" So I'm abnormal according to you , no I'm not a total exhibitionist but it was a necessity for my photography , you somehow confuse that with outgoing , I certainly do not lack confidence but as I explained I am very sensitive to other people's feelings .

Please just accept we really are chalk and cheese , my World and your World are poles apart and accept it as that . I don't keep making these comments to your lifestyle , in fact we don't really know what your lifestyle is because you don't really tell members here much at all about yourself maybe you are a little paranoid .

Teresa,

Circumstances modify what should happen ideally and we all see circumstances differently. You did what you thought was right for your circumstances. Don't really see how anybody can expect more than that. I may have done much the same thing. A new adventure for you.

Gretchen

It would be great if we could talk about these things with our understanding SOs, but we all know that this just isn't possible for most of us. I have no issue with members using this forum to talk about what is on their mind as it pertains to cross dressing.