Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who would be shocked

Who would be shocked? since the only person that knew of my dressing was my late wife, my brothers, my sister in law who probably would be disgusted, my niece who I am very close to, probably wouldn't be. I keep telling her things about my past that if she would put together would realize why I am a crossdresser. She will find out someday since I plan on leaving everything to her. No kids.
    Last edited by Robin777; 01-22-2023 at 09:23 PM.

I?m guessing every one I know would be shocked, it would be great to confide in someone.

I think everyone that knows me would be shocked initially, but, I think after the initial shock had passed I think some would probably not be that surprised when they thought about it, as I am a bit odd and keep to myself

I'm afraid that if my daughter in-law knew I cross-dressed that she wouldn't trust me around her children.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I have to echo what most have said although I'm thinking the reaction would range from "So what, no big deal", to utter shock and being ostracized. I do work hard to remain under the radar!

Strongest reaction from a friend who found out was "what took you so long?". Still makes me giggle when I think about it.

So for me...Only my wife knows and friends here on the site and Fetlife. My parents would most likely start praying for me like I was dying and want me in counseling.

The rest I am not so sure. Maybe funning and lots of jokes but I hope accepting. Everyone see's me as the crafty handy call HIM to come fix it guy. Not the look at me twirl in my dress fella.

But I am getting to a point where I just don't care what others will think. Accept me or not. Your loss. I am living the dream with my wonderful accepting and participating wife.

Only my wife knows. She is tolerant and supportive. Everyone else in my family, especially my 4 kids would be blown away.

My wife was shocked when my tastes started changing a decade ago. Since then I think my daughter has seen enough clues to suspect something. But, overall, I think EVERYONE would be shocked.

Like most of you ,only my wife and ex wife ,know. I'm sure some would be shocked but would act surprised. I think some would be surprised and not care. For me it's best kept that way and also for my wife too. At present I'm happy with the situation, if it changed I don't know how I would feel .

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage4sarah View Post
    Apart for my Tgirl world of frineds and acquaintances, and of course my wife who knows already, my circles of friends on the outside would be shocked or at least taken aback. My career in education, the many jobs that I have held, and my hobbies and sports I participate in only knows the male side of me.

Would I like to share my Tgirl side to them ? Mostly I would avoid telling them. For some maybe, especially teaching friends I have known over the years as they possess a great deal of empathy for others.

Lastly, I would love to share my femme side to my daughter as she is a very accepting person. I promised my wife decades to not do that and I have kept that promise.
    I too was an educator. I am not sure if that would ever pan out great. I tried always to keep my personal side from my fem side. That being said my lovely wife and daughter know of my dressing. I suspect that a close friend knows but never said anything directly knew. My male friends would be surprised I guess for sure. MY brother would be devestated. I have dressed on the way to his house some 400 miles away. I was careful to change out before meeting with them.

My wife knows....and is supportive....very much on side by suggesting tips on make-up and what she thinks would look good/like to see me in. I think everyone else would be totally floored if the knew. Or maybe some might have suspicions....who knows. It will stay between me and my wife for the foreseeable future.

My sister knows and she is totally supportive. I guess my female cousin, who is a religious lady, would be very shocked although I have revealed to her that I have a collection of vintage undergarments. We have talked about fashions of the fifties and sixties and she joins in rather well. I still can't see that she wouldn't be shocked though.
    I don't wish to change my gender I just want to change my clothes.

I'm not sure that anyone who knows me well would be overly shocked, as my nature has always been somewhat feminine. Because I am steadily progressing toward coming out as a transwoman, over the past year I've been making very deliberate changes in my appearance, such as growing out my hair, wearing more obviously feminine earrings, wearing lighter shades of lipstick and / or lip gloss, and although many times my outfits are somewhat androgynous, a lot of my clothes are from the women's department. My wife has bought many things from women's wear for me. My boss will probably be the person most shocked when the time comes to let everyone in on my true life - but I think he'll be supportive of me.