Thread: Pink fog strikes again

Pink fog strikes again

I can't be the only one? I have 30 minutes home alone before I need to get going to work. Here I am dressed for a night out. Pantyhose, bra and a cute little dress. Feeling great but not wanting to take it off.. Sigh.

No matter how long I'm dressed I always get that feeling just before it time to change. Your not alone, it's so hard to except when play time has to end.

Wanting to stay in my girly things had made me late for work, absent from work, late for appointments, and kept me housebound when I simply didn't want to give in to the need to go out. Once I gradually ate every edible thing in the house because I didn't want to go shopping in my generic male costume.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For the longest time, I was the opposite. I’d get my window of opportunity, dress up, but within an hour get bombarded by guilt and shame, causing me to strip it all off in anger, stuffing it away, and resolving to never do it again.

This, despite working from home!

Now, when the mood strikes, I wear what I want seated at my home office desk. Sometimes dressed, sometimes halfway dressed, sometimes in full guy’s gear - depending on the day. There are times I feel that I want to stay “en femme” (but don’t, have to change before my kids get home!) and there are some days I can’t be bothered in the first place.

Swings and roundabouts!
    Bearded, hairy, beer-chugging, truck-drivin', wife lovin' manly man...
    ...sometimes in lingerie and heels, and occasionally a cute dress. MIAD 4 life!

The pink fog is a major distraction in my life. It's a wonder I can get anything done lately.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

The Pink fog is a very powerful thing.
    Crissy

Yes, the effects of the pink fog are exceedingly strong. Going back to drab is such a letdown.

I find it interesting that I do not
    Seem to experience those same feelings
    About leaving " boy
    mode ". ??

I think, for me, the biggest affliction comes when I am shopping. In man mode, I go in get what I need and I am back out in 7 1/2 minutes flat. Shopping in Caylee mode I can lose a whole day and have no idea where it went...

Awww yes, the good old pink fog!!! It's so hard to escape it.

we often do irrational things when confronted by the pink fog.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Like sometimes_miss said "generic male costume" I find this term awesome! So is anyone going out in their generic male costume for Halloween so the devil doesn't recognize us? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jean. Ann View Post
    I find it interesting that I do not Seem to experience those same feelings About leaving " boy mode ". ??
    I didn't, either, when I was in my first iteration of dressing up (age 7 until early 20's). When the desire unearthed itself in my late thirties, it got progressively harder and harder to go back to my male clothing. I now understand that it's because there's simply not enough joy in my drab life, so I don't want to leave the female feelings behind.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Pink fog seems potentially more controlling and potentially damaging...an obsession that can distract you from the necessary activities and responsibilities of life.
    Seems we all feel 'the fog', different, personally. To me it's always just been a gradual feeling that crossdressing is more and more acceptable that it actually is to the rest of the world; as if, if I decided to dress as a woman all the time, no one would have a problem with it. And we know that is not true. But wishful thinking can really let the fog into our heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Swindell View Post
    Like sometimes_miss said "generic male costume" I find this term awesome!
    I have, at times, thought of male clothing as my 'job uniform' that I have to wear in order to do whatever task that is at hand. If I want to go scuba diving, I wear a scuba outfit. If I want to paint my house, I wear old clothes that are already paint stained. If I want to work in a kitchen, I wear a chef's uniform. So if I want to just go out and do chores, go to work, pick up lumber at Home Depot, I wear my generic male 'uniform' to do it, because those clothes are made that part of my life. When I'm done with that 'chore', I change back to my normal clothes: Bra, panties, skirt, wig, earrings, stockings, etc..
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    If you don't control yourself in the Pink Fog, it will soon become a Pink flood, and rescue will become virtually impossible.

I've been doing this since I was 9. 40 years is a long time and you'd think I'd have it under control by now! Lol I hope it never is. I can go for periods where I don't feel the urge to dress. It's usually when I have time alone that Leesa appears. Like tonight again.
    Leesa xo

I spend so much of my time just planing A time I can dress! It's pretty bad!
    I have five dresses and ne makeup waiting for the next chance!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I've been there many times before. The desire to dress can be overwhelming and then it just disappears. I can never be sure when the desire returns, but I know it will.

I dress every day for most of the day and never want to change to male mode but sometimes I must.
    Angie

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    So true there is so much else I should be doing right now, but the pink fog wins every time. Those things can wait.
    Last edited by Jane G; 10-19-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. It stick again tonight as I'm alone for an hour. I also found out I'll be alone all day tomorrow and it's my day off! So exciting! I may have to go for a drive.

Leesa, I love to dress and hate the feeling when it has to end.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I?m very definitely a member of the Pink Fog Association. For me, it?s my ?trigger?, not that I need one. Lol. My wife can even sense when it rolls in. She?s referred to it as ?your butterflies?. The instant I slip on anything, it disappears. I underdress daily...panties (always), hose, bra, etc. in addition to dressing completely. And, you are so correct in the difficulty, almost sadness, when undressing....for me, taking off my hose. Double sigh 😔.

Aspiring Member
    Leesa -my Pink Fog is always at work in the background...As soon as the mention of taking a business trip comes up, my brain begins thinking about dressing..I get up alot earlier in the morning before work so I can just spend 30 minutes dressed (pantyhose, sexy dress, heels) while my wife and daugther sleep upstairs...and then the time comes when i have to change in to work wear and head out to work...just having the brief dressup time helps throughout the week...In man mode - I am in and out of store quickly..in pink fog mode, I can spend the whole day going through racks and racks of clothes...