Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: how old where you when you started dressing?

how old where you when you started dressing?

for me it was very young say 3-4 years old. so i could say its always been a part of me. just wondering about everyone else. im sure this question has come up several times but i was curios.

Me too

I started at 5 years old. I remember wearing my mothers dresses and black rubber boots. I do not remember if I knew then just who I was, but it became appearent as I approached say, 10-12 years of age.

I think i was about 5 i remember trying on a girlfriends swimsuit in the bathroom and i remember feeling an adrenaline rush go through me. Also mum used to put me in tights when i was really young during the winter. I started crossdressing more often when i was about 9/10 with my mums clothes because i didn't have a sister

I was 4 and wore my sisters yellow panties,,, had them on all day and they was looking for them,, went to my room and took them off and gave them to my mom and said they was under my bed,, the cat was playing with them,,, not sure if she believed but thats what I said and mind you i was only 4,, ever since i was born i wanted to play dress up and knew even then for some reason it wasnt something to share..

i was 5 or 6 I wore my mothers bra, panties and shoes.
    Last edited by prene; 12-22-2008 at 05:11 AM. Reason: fixed a work

Banned Read only
    My first clear memory is at the age of four playing with my sister and another girl. I was wearing a little grey pleated skirt, navy blue knickers, white ankle socks and brown sandals. This is a very clear memory.

Content and Happy
    My memory takes me back to around 4 or 5 years old. Mom dressed me up like a little girl for Halloween. I can still remember how nice that felt. As for cloths, my mothers panties and bras didn't fit, and I tried, so I put socks under my Tshirt. I guess those were the first true breast forms.

Lanore
    [SIZE="3"]Lanore[/SIZE]

I guess I jumped right in at age 11! Lil Sis' matching bra n panty set, not sure if I ever gave them back!! LOL!

looking for friends Chrissy be good's Avatar
    I was also about 5. I remember putting on one of my sister's dresses and white sox with lace trim. I can remember putting panties on under my pajamas that had the feet on them. it was all downhill after I put on my mom's pantyhose a few years later.

About 11/12 years of age.

Seems I was a late starter.

Xx Vicky xX

Probably around 7-8. But it was largely my mom's clothes and a few dresses of reltives hung in an old wardrobe closet. It wasn't until my early teens that I started with my friend's older sisters stuff that was always hanging around or my aunt's lingerie and dresses from when I would babysit.
    Kristen

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I've told my start-up story in bits and bobs around here, so if you just look up posts by me you get most of it. I'll do some highlights here.

My earliest memories are in grade one. I lived a fairly sheltered pre-school life, and so when I got to school all the boys where rough and tumble and I was never like that. I much rather wanted to play with the girls, but they thought boys where icky. So I kind kept to myself -- the nuns would give me things things to do and always praised me.

Of course I always heard that horrid thing aboout boys being snips and snails and puppy-dog tails and girls being sugar and spice and all things nice --- well in my little mind there was really only one way to go

On to grade two, or -- the mysteries behind the door marked GIRLS. Nervously and with sweaty palms I pushed open the large wooden door and entered that place where only we girls ere allowed. Finally I was in the right place. A plae with none of those ugly white things hanging off the wall, and it their place, a big metal vending machine box selling a product that began with the letter K. (side note: I now own one of those and plan to put it in the bathroom at home.)

Life continued along this path until I was 11. The it was my mum's clothes, my sister's clothes, my cousin's clothes. It took two years for me to finally figure out that none of them fit. So then on the night of 3 February 1971, as I lay in my bed, no doubt listening to WCFL Chicago come in across the miles, and pulled a school tablet out from under my ma tress and detail my plan. 'On Friday go to G C Murphy's and buy your own bikini panties. Buy 3 pair'

When Friday 5 February rolled around, I had a half day of school. It was snowing heavily, and walked through town from school. I had three dollars. I picked out three pair of panties. as I walked to the cash register I saw it. A Teencharm Pretty Please training bra. I had to have it. That and one pair of panties became my first purchase and my first girls clothes that really where mine and mine alone

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Officially? Probably around 12 or 13 although I always secretly considered myself to be a tomboy when I was little. I had so called girly feelings even though I liked the rough and tumble stuff.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Late Start

Best I can remember, I was 55 when I started dressing, although I had been wearing high heeled boots a little before that.

Since then, progressing satisfactorily.

I didn't dress fully until much later, but I was fascinated with my mom's heels and makeup from a very early age. By the time I was three, I insisted she put nail polish and lipstick on me whenever she was getting ready to go out. At about four, I remember trying to play "dress up" with the donated clothes and shoes on the girl's side of the preschool I attended, although the teachers put a quick stop to it. I had exclusively female friends in elementary school and never participated in sports or any other "rough" activities.

My mom cooperated in letting me get my ears pierced at age nine, and took me to a downtown department store to buy my first pair of grown-up heels when I was 12. (That must have been a sight ... a pre-teen boy wearing earrings and nail polish, trying on heels in the fanciest shoe department in town ... but nothing was said, and I became a regular customer!)

From there it's just been a steady progression.

- Diane

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I vividly remember wanting to wear, and trying on my sisters night gown one Sunday morning when I was around five or six years old. I spent most of my childhod facinated by girls, and their clothing. I started secretly exploring bit by bit by the time I was eleven. I first dressed fully from head to foot (including make-up and underthings) shortly after my sister started going away to work and college, which would have been around seventeen.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Dreaming is half the fun.

Smile

For me I was about 8 at first I didn't quite understand CDing , it just was there, today many year later, I still don't quite understand it it's just there.

Al.a

I have seen the question before but I'll answer again, about 7-8 y/o for me.

39 and I am still 39

Silver Member
    This might be different than most of the posts here but here goes. When I was four years old I came across a nylon scarfe that got me started in all of this. It was about 4' long and about 8" wide and purple in color. I think it was from some old clothes that I found in the basement of our house. I would take this scarfe and wrap it around me pretending that it was my underwear. This was a very big turn on for me even at the young age of four years old but I still remember it very distinctely. When I turned five years old I remember going to kindergarten on the first day. I seen all of the girls dressed in thier frilly dresses and I wanted to wear one too. When I came home from that first day of school I asked my Mom if I could wear a pretty dress to school too like the rest of the other girls. She explained to me that only girls could wear dresses and boys could not do this. I was very confused and dissappoinnted that I could not wear a dress to school. Even at this early age I felt that I was a girl and wanted to dress like one. My Mom told me that I was a boy and had to dress like the other boys and not like a girl. I was so sad to learn this and this was when I started to wear my sisters' clothes in secrecy

Sally I can't really remember I think about 11 or 12 maybe sooner.
    Angie

I started about age 11 when I had to try on one of mom's Playtex rubber open bottom girdles and a pair of stockings. That cemented things forever. But the roots were there at age 5 --- I just couldn't quite figure it all out until I was a little older

I was about 7-8 I think. I would try on my moms clothes. I do remember i was around the age of 5 though and at the beach watching my mother paint her nails and ask her to do mine too and she did....and seen pictures that they took of me in her bathing suit at the beach too much younger. Must have all started from there and at 20 years old love it more than ever

I think I was 8 when I first wore my mother's pants and pantyhose. I've been hooked since.

Addicted to PANTYHOSE Maria_1969's Avatar
    I was 6yo and wore my sisters red tights under my pants to school (without anyone noticing)... I will NEVER forget that day and have been into hose ever since... I was maybe 15 before I explored slips, skirts and shoes....