Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How big is too big.

How big is too big.

Just wondering if I am along or are there others in the same boat as me.

I am a big girl.
    I am 6' tall 415 lbs.

Are there any others here that are the same size as me?
    Is it still possible to be beautiful when dressed up?
    When I used to dress, I was 275 and in good shape. Now ... not so much.

I dont want this to hold me back. Anyone have any words of support for me to keep me going?

Tiffany 💋

Banned Read only
    Whoever thinks that you are too big to crossdress probably already thinks that you are too big to exist. Period. Who cares what they think! Do what makes you happy and ignore what anyone else thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    Whoever thinks that you are too big to crossdress probably already thinks that you are too big to exist. Period. Who cares what they think! Do what makes you happy and ignore what anyone else thinks.
    No one is telling me anything.
    Just asking for myself. I'm afraid I won't like what I see once I get all dressed up again for the first time.

If you're not satisfied with what you see in the mirror, then you are really starting to think like a lady
    Seriously, if you want to dress, just do it.
    If you have reservations, maybe start with just a few simple things and progress from there. I think we all slowly adjust to our female look as we progress, or get older, or gain weight, etc... Give yourself whatever time you need to adjust. Do what makes you happy, the rest will follow.

P.S. Welcome to the forums!
    Last edited by DianeT; 09-20-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Tiffany, unless they do not make clothes to fit you, you can crossdress! Even if they don't you can make your own! Don't let size hold you back! I am a plus size lady and have accepted it! I just purchase the clothes that fit me best! I do not wear clothes that are inappropriate for my size! Best wishes with all of this! hugs Lana Mae PS: Welcome to the Forum!
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Never too big. It will be more difficult finding flattering clothes, but not impossible. Besides, you should be dressing to make yourself happy. Don’t worry if other people think you’re beautiful. There will always be people who think badly of you no matter how thin or beautiful you are, so why be unhappy just to satisfy people who will never be satisfied anyway?

I am not quite as big as you, but I am 6' and about 300 and I love to dress. As others have said it is about you and what you like. Too many times CDs are shown as some skinny little twink. I have seen many ladies bigger than you and they are sexy as all get out. If you have a Lane Bryant store near you that is still open go in and say you are looking for something for yourself. They will be more than glad to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    If you're not satisfied with what you see in the mirror, then you are really starting to think like a lady
    lol. Maybe I'm farther along then I realize.

Thank you for your response.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by cdinmd206 View Post
    I am not quite as big as you, but I am 6' and about 300 and I love to dress. As others have said it is about you and what you like. Too many times CDs are shown as some skinny little twink. I have seen many ladies bigger than you and they are sexy as all get out. If you have a Lane Bryant store near you that is still open go in and say you are looking for something for yourself. They will be more than glad to help you out.
    Thank you cdinmd.
    Not sure I'm ready for that public aspect yet. Probably stay in the online malls for now.

Weight / skin tone / nationality shouldn't be a gatekeeper to happiness. I just think that once you feel beautiful inside, it will reflect outward.

I'm built like Jimmy Dean's "Big Bad John". "He stood 6 foot 6 and weighed 245".
    Jon

There is a saying that goes "Big is beautiful" having said that I am 6'7" and just over 200 lbs i have no problems being seen out and about
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Do you think you are too big?
    It's so personal we can't tell you the answer. If you dress at home only then do what makes you happy and who cares. If you wish to go out and are self-conscious about your size then that's a decision you must make.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Most of us dress for ourselves. Unless u plan to go out? U only have to please yourself! What we say shouldn't matter!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When my wife and I met she was 5?8 and over 400 pounds. It was hard for her to find cloths that made her look or feel pretty. This was more than 29 years ago and she has since lost a lot of weight. My advice is shop around and look for items you like and portray who you want to be. I am a firm believer in dressing the part. I wish you all the best in your journeys

People come in all shapes. I think as long as you dress appropriately, you are just another big gal

Quote Originally Posted by SophyV View Post
    When my wife and I met she was 5?8 and over 400 pounds. It was hard for her to find cloths that made her look or feel pretty. This was more than 29 years ago and she has since lost a lot of weight. My advice is shop around and look for items you like and portray who you want to be. I am a firm believer in dressing the part. I wish you all the best in your journeys
    Thank you sophy.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Most of us dress for ourselves. Unless u plan to go out? U only have to please yourself! What we say shouldn't matter!
    Very true Doc.
    Still hard when the media makes you feel you need to look a certain way or that sexy only comes up to a size 8.

Being big isn't gonna stop you from dressing. I am 6'1 and weight about 420. But I still dress. A good perk to me being big is my own breast. So I guess I got that going for me. Can saw some money on not buying breast forms.

6ft 2" here and 225 pounds and i have a collection of lovely outfits, so go for it. X x x

Aspiring Member
    If you let the media make you determine your choices, you are guaranteed to feel inadequate or worse. It matters not who you are or what size you are or anything else you are, for that matter. Pull up your big girl panties and enjoy yourself.

The media is an illusion. If I walked up to and told you you had to be a size 8 to be beautiful your reaction would probably be anything but completely accepting. Be critical of the media and any other form of communication including this forum. Take the information and decide if you can learn from it, use it, or disregard it based on your own experiences and where you ant your life to go.

Do and dress as you like! Being a bigger gurl😉 5?9? 350. I just love getting all dolled up, just do you hun...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany8cd View Post
    I am a big girl.
    I am 6' tall 415 lbs.
    Is it still possible to be beautiful when dressed up?
    It is a 2 in 1 question :

- First, you need to distance yourself with the beauty stereotypes... A famous French fashion creator said once that female models have to be no more than coat hangers, only clothes matter during a fashion parade... That explains a lot about the skinny girls we saw during fashion shows ! So, do we agree that coat hangers aren't so beautiful ?!

Beauty and sexyness come in all sizes and shapes, skin colors, etc. They are not the same all around the world and change among different time periods. Just have a look at Pierre-Auguste Renoir's painting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bathers_(Renoir).

So, love yourself, be kind to yourself and don't let your weight be an obstacle.

And if you want to be a part of a change for a more inclusive world, don't hesitate to support the + sized women who fight against the stupid stereotypes (for ex. Mirna Valerio https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirna_Valerio , Sarai Walker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarai_Walker, and all the non-famous women who are shamed or verbally abused on social media).

- Second, only if you are in pain because of your weight or of you have diseases, please be kind to yourself again and ask for a medical advice.

😊 This Mika's song is for you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSK91mUNLU

Just be yourself, be happy in what and who you are and dress in a way that makes you feel happy.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Enjoy yourself! There are NO rules or anything like that.

If you want, go ahead and do it. Just be realistic with yourself , if you want to go out you may be clocked and if that's important to you just realize it. But if it brings you joy by all means do it.

140 is a lot to add. Suggest checking that not snacking instead of dressing. I've learned slowly slowly eating is not an effective stress reducer, and no where as effective as CD. Just saying, review what changed and where you were happier