Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressers in a Lesbian Bar...

Crossdressers in a Lesbian Bar...

Some bars are known to be lesbian. Would it work out if a crossdresser went there to get a girlfriend or accepting wife? Or maybe lesbians don't dig crossdressers, then only like women / women sex? Has anyone tried this and been successful in a lesbian bar? Were there pretty women there too? What was their reaction to you as a crossdresser hitting on them? Tell us about your experiences!

Or do you have to just go to a gay bar instead?

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    The truth lies somewhere in the middle (between gay bars and lez bars). This is unfortunate for us because it meas we don't really fit in either place. Don't give up entirely. There are some gay people who like us as well as some lesbians that like us. We are just not what the majority in either place is looking for.

All hope is not lost. You can still go to either place and have a great time. You might need to sell you self at first (not literaly). The right attitude is a must. You can easily gain enough acceptance to feel comfortable. Don't expect to go home with anyone. It may happen but the odds are against you. Go to have fun. See where it leads.

Hugs - Genifer

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    i have both gay and lesbian friends,,,they all think its great that i am being myself

I have been to a couple of lesbian bars. The ladies were nice and accepted me, and some of them are quite attractive.

But not many of them really showed any serious interest in me. They want women, with all the proper plumbing. I suppose they might be interested in a post-op transsexual, though.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    I totally agree with Genifer. Been there, done that many times. Although I'm happily married and not intending to hit on any lesbian GG or go home with them there was this gay/lesbian bar that i and several crossdressers would go to regularly for years on a Saturday night... just to mix , talk and have FUN. And we did, mostly shooting pool with the lesbian girls who thought we were cute and just the "nuts". They teated us respectfully as another woman and called us by our femme name, and never, never were there any of the 20 questions that a straight GG would grill you on. They just didn't care and accepted our way of lifestyle as our own chosen uniqueness , just as was theirs. But to think you were somehow gong to turn them straight for a night into a faux straight GG and you a straight male masquerading as a pretend lesbian-FORGET IT. The dynamics are far too complicated to even begin to figure out.
    Just consider them polite fun bar mates, companions for the evening and say "maybe see ya next week and we'll shoot some more pool.O.K.?" And chances are you will and you've made a temporary bar-friend.
    look for fun, not a hookup.
    Megan

Kate where I go it is a Gay and lesbian friendly bar. The manager is Lesbian and so are all the bar personel. I have no problems there when I'm dressed I'm one of the girls. A lot of lesbian girls come in there And I think one of them is trying to hit on me but never mind that. I feel comfortable there. I walk in in either Drab or Drag they all say there she is all the Hi's and hugs and stuff. But I have fun we talk all like girls. Should say all the female bar personal are lesbian, the males are gay. the owner is a CD to. But i guess it where you go and the type bar. Like Megan said above I have agreat time there. And I said I'm one of the girls.
    Last edited by Dalece; 03-31-2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: add

i go to the bars to have fun no moor no less its all about having fun and meeting freinds old and new

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    My experiences have been exactly as mentioned.
    Dana Ryan

Lesbian bars

[SIZE="3"]I live near Manchester (UK) and it has a big Gay Village centred on Canal Street.
    Many years ago I joined a super CD organisation called Northern Concord who hold their meetings in the gay village.
    On my first visit I was amazed that I had been persuaded out onto the streets of Manchester and into the bars dressed but soon realised that we were made extremely welcome.
    Some of the bars and clubs are obviously male and some lesbian but most are friendly to both however I have not met any animosity to CDs in any, the odd wolf whistle and light banter (and that’s from the girls in the lesbian bars) but no real hassle.
    It is so nice to hobble up to the bar in my dress and high heels and be greeted by the barman with a
    “What would you like, girls?”
    A few of the bars have a single ‘mixed’ toilet which ends the worry of which one you use!
    gwen
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]A good slave takes a lot of beating[/SIZE]

Semi Sane innocent angel
    depends are the bar. One lesbian bar I go to some of the girls don't like us. THe other lesbian bar they either ignore us, usually cause they are with their GF or they talk to us just like I we are a GG.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    The truth lies somewhere in the middle (between gay bars and lez bars)....
    Wouldn't that be us bisexuals? You know, we have our own clubs too. Have any of you looked into those? You'd probably do better attracting a GG there than any other bar.

Just a thought...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post
    Wouldn't that be us bisexuals? You know, we have our own clubs too. Have any of you looked into those? You'd probably do better attracting a GG there than any other bar.

Just a thought...
    It's an interesting thought, but I don't recall any bars/clubs that I know about that are for bisexuals, at least in the Seattle area.
    Dana Ryan

Like so many others have said...

Been there, Done that, Got the T-Shirt. As CDers, going to a gay or lesbian bar is often the one place we can go without the fear of ridicule or possible harm. Most of them don't care who you are or what you are wearing as long as you don't try picking up their "property". I often times will go out to the gay and lesbian bars because I know I can be myself there and not worry about harassment as can be found at many straight places. Though, it is highly unlikely you will find an SO for yourself, unless you are looking for a gay man, you might find however some really good friends for future outings.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I have been to a few gay and lesbian mixed bars. Nobody cared what I was wearing, but once, my best friend (a bisexual GG) and myself got into a nice conversation with a group of lesbians, and they were very complimentary to me. Nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by danar View Post
    It's an interesting thought, but I don't recall any bars/clubs that I know about that are for bisexuals, at least in the Seattle area.
    Most of them in NY are only on certain nights during the week/month so you have to check for listings locally. Most of those nights are in alternative lifestyle bars anyhow but at least it would be a far more diverse crowd for you gurls to blend in with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/SIZE]

Well, they are lesbians for a reason. We are after all just men in womens clothes. We still have the male plumbing. I know the gay bars I have been to during crossdressers night, the actual gay men really don't want a man dressed as a woman. They want a man that looks like a man. I have actually been shunned by gay men at the bar. I think you will find it very hard to find a woman that actually enjoys a man being feminine. They ARE out there, but far and few in between. Good luck.

There always the personnels in the newspaper.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    There always the personnels in the newspaper.
    Yes, and many, many other ways to meet people. I didn't meet my man in a bar. When you troll bars for a partner, you find a partner that only has one thing in common with you, the willingness to look for someone in a cruising bar.

Kind of like going to any other bar hon!

Great place to go to dinner in NYC is a place called LIPS you can google it and see what it is all about, Its a place where evryone is a CD and the entertainment is also and they cater to everyone. My Daughter and her husband were in the area and saw the restaurant which she said looks like fun and just went in and said it was straight people and Cds and maybe other
    groups there. My Youngest daughter Googled it and she nows about me and wants to go on her 18th Birthday because she said it looks like fun and reminds her of "La Cauge A Folle", I told her that there used to be a plce in the City called Club 82 that was just like it and it was So Much fun. When in New York Try and go but google it and see what its all about first. Joann0830

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post

Just a thought...
    Didn't realize there were bars & clubs that attract mainly bi-sexuals.. Especially in LI.. I'm originally from there and still return for TG events.. Will be at the Femme Fever Ball in April.. But would love to know about Bi-Sexual bars & clubs in LI.. I'll round up some girls and go to meet some new friends!

Quote Originally Posted by StayceeCD View Post
    Didn't realize there were bars & clubs that attract mainly bi-sexuals.. Especially in LI.. I'm originally from there and still return for TG events.. Will be at the Femme Fever Ball in April.. But would love to know about Bi-Sexual bars & clubs in LI.. I'll round up some girls and go to meet some new friends!
    We mainly go to the fetish clubs. Downtown in the city use to have fetish night and so did Albions (waiting for them to set more dates for it since they moved). And there are a few on the island that just opened... if only I could remember the name of it... I keep thinking Molly Blooms but I'm probably wrong on that. See what happens when you drink at the clubs? You don't even remember where you were! LOL! I'll look it up again and get back to you on it. PM me if you like and I'll try to get the info.

I've been trying to find more places on the island anyhow for anyone in the area, but a lot has been going on in my life as of late that my free time isn't really free at the moment. lol! Or if it is... I'm sleeping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Why is it that when I saw these thread titles...

Crossdressers in a Lesbian Bar...
    How many crossdressers ?

...that they sounded like the beginning of jokes?

I've been to a few gay bars / clubs (my best friend back in the UK is a gay GG). She was hit on so much by guys too.

If she bi you may have a chance IF SHE IS 100% Lesbain I don't thinf so hun.
    Angie

It has been many many years since I've ventured into gay or lesbian bars. My observations were this:

Gay bars....Men are there to find men, I stuck out like a sore thumb all dolled up as if I was going to a wedding and no one paid any attention to me.

Lesbian bars.... Women are there because they don't want to hang out with men and very few dress in a feminine way. I stuck out like a sore thumb all dolled up as if I was going to a wedding and no one paid any attention to me.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl