Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife doesn't approve , "BUT"

My wife doesn't approve , "BUT"

I bought a navy colored v-neck tee shirt dress from a woman's catalog. I put it on one night before bed.
    My wife said "What's that?"
    I said "It's a night shirt."
    She said " Oh, you'll like that, it'll be comfortable."
    Another time , she was putting on some new capri's
    She said " I know you don't like these."
    I said "You woundn't like it if I wore them."
    She said "You should try them, you'd like them, they're very comfortable."

I have never seen a guy in capris or crop pants.
    I know a lot of other items are a definate no-no with her.
    I guess I don't know what to think.
    Just thought I'd share this.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    women

ask her if she would rather you be a drunkin wife beater than a crossdresser....

Quote Originally Posted by kayallen66 View Post
    I think in this situation I would have just said "ok getem off, my turn" and waited for the slap! would have been a giggle at the very least.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

I know a lot of other items are a definate no-no with her.
    FWIW, a lot of my friends who are bicycle messengers wear cropped pants that are essentially
    capri pants, so the legs don't get caught in the chain/chainwheel. No one bats an eye at them.

Does she know your a CDer. If so she may be getting better with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Getting ready for a bashing,

kayallen, you're not allowed to think.

exerpt from "The Book of Female Rules"

... if the male begins to understrand "The Rules" they shall all be changed...

Don't attemp to figure her out, just kinda "go with the flow" as best as possible and see what you can get away with bit at a time.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Yes, she knows I'm a cd, and very much does not approve.

My wife knows I am a CD, not sure about approving just does not want to see me dressed, but occasionally we talk about womens clothing, looks, etc, and it hasnt been to bad, maybe your wife has some tolerance unless its sarcasm. at least it talking about it!

I think there are a lot of wives and SO that do not approve or want nothing to do with it for many reasons. Some of them being to narrow minded or being threatened by our dressing.

Bottom line just because we wear lingerie does not change the person

A lot of So/wife`s understandably do not like sudden change, from the person they thought you were to something very different so if things are taken slowly they can get use to it and begin to accept things on their terms which in the long run is the best way as you both know exactly where you are with small steps .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Since you say she knows you CD, did you ever stop to think this may be your wife's way of extending an olive branch and show that she is willing to try and accomodate your CDing? Love of a mate is a compelling force. I suggest you give her the benefit of the doubt...just take it easy.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I was in Europe a couple of weeks ago and men commonly wore capri pants of varying lengths. See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capri_pants
    [SIZE="3"]Michelle[/SIZE]

I can only speak from my personal experience, but a wife's opinion on crossdressing can evolve over time. When I first told my wife, she said "That's cool, maybe I can dress you up for Halloween", the next few weeks she went totally negative and we went through the darkest period of our marriage. Since then she has thrown me olive branches, but at times has also gotten very upset about things that I thought she was okay with the day before. However, overall the trend has been towards increasing acceptance over the space of about six years that she has known. The key thing is open communication. If you think she is opening up a little bit, ask her. Tell her that you care very much what she thinks and that it would mean a lot to you if her comments are little signs of acceptance of this part of you. However, say you understand if you misread her. I would be wary of springing things on her, like wearing a women's nightshirt to bed without warning her. If she has expressed disapproval, then that's essentially a slap in the face saying "I don't care what you think" and can really hinder any move towards acceptance. I think you're very lucky that you got a pleasant response in this case.

One last little thing, I think our wives sometimes try hard to be accepting, and sometimes overreach what they are actually comfortable with, and might need to pull back a little. We need to understand this, and be agreeable when it occurs. This may sound unfair, but (in most of our cases) you knew you were a CD before you married, and she didn't; so I think the ball is in our court to be more compromising overall (this of course does not mean that you should get no say in the matter, the point is that the two of you need to find a compromise that works for both of you).

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    As with most of us, it took my wife a while to get to the point of helping me. She has never helped with makeup, mostly because she doesn't like it herself. So she lets me be the beauty queen.

One of the things that helped (me at least) was when we would shopping, usually clothes for her, I would ask her if she would help me pick up a fem item. She would always be nice and ask me questions about what I was looking for. Then we would look at what was available at each store. Sometimes we wouldn't find it, but usually we would. Many times if we hadn't found the item, she would suggest other places we could stop and check out.
    Dana Ryan

Back when I was growing up men and boys did wear them they were called clam diggers.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Yes, she knows I'm a cd, and very much does not approve.
    From her responces to you, I don't think her disapproval is as strong as you may think. Why not ask her if she would mind if you wore capri's or cropped pants. BTW, I own, and wear both capris and cropped pants. In warm weather they are great is you don't want to show a lot of leg with a skirt or wear along skirt!

I think you two need better communication!

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca_morris_75 View Post
    FWIW, a lot of my friends who are bicycle messengers wear cropped pants that are essentially
    capri pants, so the legs don't get caught in the chain/chainwheel. No one bats an eye at them.
    Rebecca, cropped pants are one length and capris are a totally different length. Capri pants are shorter than cropped pants! I have been wearing both kinds for years, only capri pants were called "pedal pushers" or "clam diggers" when I was young. We are talking over 50 years ago!! Probably before you were born!!
    Last edited by Sandra; 08-06-2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, please use multi quote function
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by obsessedwithpantyhose View Post
    ask her if she would rather you be a drunkin wife beater than a crossdresser....
    Right, because those are the only two possible choices. Hey, if that's valid then why not ask if she'd rather you be a "drunkin [sic] wife beater" than a serial killer; if she chooses the former you've got the green light, so smack away!

They do sometimes change over time. My wife doesn't approve. But the other day we were going at tennis shoes. They didn't have any men's in my size. She look at the ones I was getting she pick one up and said it was heavy and that I should try one like she was getting. I said they didn't mens like that. So she went over and got we a pair of womens in my size and had me try them on they fit and felt good. So now we both have the same shoes.

Maybe I can start from the ground up?
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I know! ..... it's weird but in the US it's not very common yet in the UK and Europe as a whole, it's almost boringly common! Click HERE and HERE
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Weel at least your 1/2 way there Kay.
    Angie

I know lots of guys who wear capris all the time. Well respected politicians, inventors, wealthy land owners, bankers, printers, and business owners.

George Washington, Ben Franklin, John Hancock... the list goes on...
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    I know lots of guys who wear capris all the time. Well respected politicians, inventors, wealthy land owners, bankers, printers, and business owners.

George Washington, Ben Franklin, John Hancock... the list goes on...

And I've got one over on them -- mine have cargo pockets.

Oh, I know you die-hard it-must-be-made-for-women crowd are gonna hate this... but yes, there are capri pants made for men, and sold in (shock!) the You-Ess-of-Ayy. Try any retailer that caters to active outdoor lifestyles, such as REI. They even sell (sacrilege!) man-skirts. Eeek.
    Last edited by MissConstrued; 08-07-2009 at 04:43 AM.

my wife knows. doesnot aprove. buttolerates it and to avoid me riding her wardrobe, she buys the undergarments and the silky gowns on behalf of me. he even took measurement and got my first few blouses stiched from her tailor for the correct fit, . of course with a lot of grumbling

I have some 3/4 length adidas pants.... they're unisex and I got them at a soccer store. I wear them all the time and love them.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

My wife only "tolerates" my wearing women's clothes, but she has even bought me panties and pantyhose. I bought white extra-tall tees that make good dresses. I am now wearing them with slips and uncovered pantyhose at home and I wear slips and pantyhose "out" too, albeit underdressed. Short slips are good undershirts, and Suntan pantyhose just look like I'm not wearing socks. Although she doesn’t approve of my wearing women’s clothes, she tolerates it is there is a non-CD raison d’etre (see my Suitable Clothing thread). Next I need to induce breast growth so I need to wear a bra!