Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Crossdressing a Sexual Thing?

Banned Read only
    I have to go with Colleen and Linda Booth in their replies. My sexual experience with CDing started at 9 years and has never gone away, I've hit my sixties now and testosterone has gone through the roof, I don't know why but it's since my last favourable talk with my wife !

Speaking strictly for myself here...

Hell yes it's sexual!!! When I first got on this forum I was a straight, happily married father of two, going out of town once a month or so to get my girl on. Lifelong crossdresser. Wife knew before we were married. Blah, blah, blah.

I used all the angles. "Just like to feel pretty". "I relaxes me". "It provides an escape". I used them all, and pretty well had even myself convinced. Well... except for that little voice in my head when I looked in the mirror! BAD, BAD, voice!!! I'm just trying to relax!!! Yeah, right! But I had to try to convince her it wasn't sexual or I'd be in big trouble.

Now I'm beholding to nobody. I don't have to intellectualize it to anyone, and I'm free to enjoy it for all it really is. All of those things I said before are still true, but you better believe it's intoxicatingly sexual!! And if I let it, it leads to even more intoxicatingly sexual things!!

Before anybody gets their panties in too tight of a wad, that doesn't have to mean gay! I could just as easily mean between a husband and wife! Oh the horror! A husband and wife actually having mind-blowingly awesome sex! Something wrong with that picture!

I'll get off my soapbox now. Did I answer your question?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    sex?? and crossdressing??? nooooo...they dont go together do they? Like most here it definately started as a sexual thing but i grew out of that. I still get a little turned on occasionally dressed...but its not the main reason anymore...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Maybe in the beginning but I got over that in a hurry.

If by 'sexual' you mean sexually arousing, then NO, as long as I keep my T under control.

Banned Read only
    "It's the Clothes, silly" that allow some Male brains to "drag out" the high of a 7 second O into minutes, hours or days.

I can't imagine what could possibly be wrong with that?

Probably not likely to include "granny dresses" and flats though?

Its sexual when in skimpy lingerie, but when doing the full dress its more of a fantastic feel of being able to enjoy my femme side. Shopping and dressing and gabbing with you girls is not sexual its just great.

I used to feel led to dress and it was also a turn on,, now I fell led to dress and its just some thing I need to do.. it has changed for me. however I need to be out dressed, looking in the mirror or at pictures is not enough.

I want to be out in the world experiencing life as the woman I've come to know so well.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Why can't it be both?

I agree, Babbs. When I'm out dressed with the girls or on here chatting? Sex NEVER enters my mind!

When I'm home alone with Sherry and have finished a photo/dressing session? I nearly ALWAYS think about sex with that hot babe in the mirror!

I often wonder:
    The girls that say dressing used to be sexual but is not anymore, r they as sexual in other ways now as back then? Or, is sex not important period anymore?

To me, sex is life!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I nearly ALWAYS think about sex with that hot babe in the mirror!
    Hey Doc, we must have bought our mirrors from the same place. Let's just keep this as our little secret, ok?

It amazes me that most people are not able to change what turns them on over their lifetime but apparently many crossdressers can. They start out with CDing being sexually charged and end up later in life being total studs in the bedroom and girly girls at the mall.

I didn't know much about sex when I started CDing at 4 or 5 years old but I can admit that it was vaguely erotic even then. By the time I reached puberty I was nearly unable to become aroused by thinking of myself in a masculine role. As my libido increased I was able to function as a male most of the time. Now that my libido is waning, I'm back where I started. What is sexual for me is the thought of myself as female or feminine. The clothes are only symbolic. They're not necessary anymore. This is not the same thing as saying I'm turned on by myself as a girl. I still need others to be turned on. It's just that I can't relate to them sexually in a masculine way.

For a young male, almost everything has a sexual component to it. It's a biological imperative built into our basic nature to perpetuate the species.

For Olde Folkes like me, dressing may not be sexual at all. It is possible to enjoy being dressed up, even in heels and a pretty dress, and simply enjoy being seen as looking nice. I was out at a "Tie and Jacket" private club the other day in a nice pleated silver knee-length dress and enjoyed the looks I was getting, but none of them felt particularly sexual.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    but could it have been sexual by age five...
    There was an article Reine posted some time ago about exactly this - yes, you can be sexual at age 5. In fact, we are sexual beings from birth and again, we're all mixing up sexuality with the sex act itself. But that's not the case and the things we are innocently drawn to as small children often end up being the things that turn us on later. Why were you drawn to feminine clothing? Who knows, maybe these things are random. Though, as far as turn ons go, I imagine women's lingerie is a fairly common interest for boys? My young son has spotted that mommy dresses differently and he often likes the texture of my clothing. So it's not hard to map a pathway in that regard. You might even have been one of those little boys who notice and like girls earlier than others. I see these boys in my everyday dealings with my own kids and they're always the ones throwing me admiring glances and little flirtations.

Yep, I've had 5 year old boys flirt with me

Point is, human sexuality doesn't kick in at puberty - it's always with us. Puberty is when you can finally do something about it!

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    No. Wasn't when I was dressing before puberty. Isn't now after puberty.
    As we all know what puberty does to us.......
    Dressing up during that time was based on availability of time and clothes.
    Puberty did not motivate me to crossdress even more before I knew what puberty was.
    Crossdressing now at my age means awaking Grog to use my "artistic creativity" to transform into the honey in the mirror.

I suppose it can be for some people. When I started it was more out of youthful curiosity. During my adolescent years there was some sexual element to it, but I think that was mostly due to the risk of being caught. Then I stopped for a few years during high school. I was a very busy guy during high school, then started again right after college. I think there was a small sexual element then too, but at the time I only dressed in lingerie, and it wasn't too long before that became to feel hollow. I then realized that it wasn't a sexual thing for me and I wanted to push my dressing further. And now fast forward today, I dress 2-3 times a week and there's nothing sexual about it anymore.

Nicole and Sherry, I love me, who do you love? lol

In my younger years, CD'ing was both a curiosity thing and a sexual thing for me. In my later years, it has definitely become a gender thing, where I feel peace, harmony, and contentment when dressed. While the sexual stirrings tend to surface, depending upon my state of mind at the particular time, it is no where near where it was in my teen and mid-twenty years.
    Di

The thrill of breathlessness, the expectancy, the feel of garments, the smell of make-up, the memory that comes with the odour of nights ever never able to be washed away, the heart beat that threatens to explode a rib cage, the mirror that flatters everytime, the hand on a stockinged thigh, the fall back against a wall as a hard body presses, the giving in...it's always so wonderfully sexual.

The excitement of dressing up may be sexaual for a short time but to me it's a feeling of woman. I love all of thd the elements of women. The feeling of pulling on thigh highs, the heels, panties, skirts and all of the other things woman.
    ​Jamey

When I started crossdressing it was all a sexual thing, I was probably 12-13 at the time. I would sneak the dressing in when the parents were not home. Then over the years it evolved into more enjoying it for the wearing of the clothing with a little of the sexual component still there. I think for me at times there will always be some sexual excitement at times to the dressing. Most of the time I dress to satisfy a need in myself.

When I first come out to my gf that I enjoy dressing she assumed it was a sexual thing and I will admit, doing the laying down tango is great as Cindy, and I started to think it was a sexual thing. That was until I decided to go for a walk (late at night with no-one around) and realised that I felt great and this is part of who I am. Cindy is about the house more than out, although that should change soon as I'm getting more confident again.

Let's slice this a little thinner. I think that many of us may be equating "sexual" with "ending in ejaculation". Take away the ejaculation part.

I think even at 4 or 5 years old there can be sexual component, just in a 4 or 5 year old way. I remember very well having "feelings" about girls when I was that age. A tingle, a nervousness, an admiration. I had a reaction to pretty girls. A different reaction than to not-so-pretty girls, and different from boys. That counts as sexual to me.

I'll throw out another one. When you go out into the public dressed, people react to you as a woman or as a tranny (depending on how well you pass). There is a sexual component in how some of these people react to you. Not overt or spoken. It probably will happen silently in their mind, but it colors the way the world reacts to you. Whether their thinking "she's hot!" or "he must be gay" or "I'm not sure whether that's a man or a woman", there's a sexual aspect to it.

If I'm completely forthcoming about it, I WANT there to be a sexual component to it! I work my ass off to look like a woman. To be pretty, and, yes, (shame on me!) a little sexy. I'm not looking to get "picked up", but at the very least I hope that along the way someone, male or female, thinks "she's pretty", or at least "he makes a pretty good looking (convincing) woman. That's sexual.

As I started dressing at ages 4-6, all I can remember then is wanting to be pretty and feeling the silky clothes on me...somehow to know what's it's like to be a girl. Definitely gender driven. Later, in mid teens on, the sexual thing came in to the picture too. For a long time the question was to be or be with with one exception... Now, and for the last 10 plus years, it's essentially back to gender driven, and the feminine feelings that come with it dressed. Now, that's not to say that I don't enjoy and act on some periodic desires to be a girl with my wife.

Kate

not sexual at all, just who I am, and how I enjoy to dress.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Is it sexual? Yeah, dressing up and having female features is a major turn on for me.

I've only been dressing for 5 years and change, but in that time (roughly age 23.5 to 29.1) it's remained fairly consistent in that. I've heard anecdotally that it could become a comfort thing over time as many others point out. I'll check back in after another 5 years and let you know!