Thread: Female name on credit card

Female name on credit card

Citibank now offer the option to current card holders to use their female name on their card. It can only be your first name and the account is still under your legal name. I called last week to change my name.

Banned Read only
    Most cards will allow this just ask to put another authorized cardholder on your account, like your "spouse".

While having everything in my female name is one of those "feel good" things, I don't feel the need or even worry about it.

Honestly nobody even looks at the name on the card anymore. I have used my boss's card and just sign his name several times to buy things for work, as has my wife and her boss is a man. Neither of us has ever had a card declined because we were not the person who's name is on the card.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 11-21-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Just keep in mind that some places will want to see an ID with your card that has a matching name. If you use the same last name it’s usually not a big deal, but if you use totally different first and last names, it could be an issue.

Just got my card in the mail. Wonderful to see mail sent to my female name as well as the name on the card. Made me feel so good.

Banned Read only
    Angela,
    I've kept things simple by using a femme version of my male name so all my credit card has on it are my initials T J the small problem is they follow Mr.

As Roberta comments no one checks your card now most transactions are contactless

I love using ApplePay on my iPhone or Watch. Nobody sees the name on the card and no signature required.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Whatever blows your hair back. But, the last time someone actually looked at the name on my credit card was probably in the 1990's!

And, that's been the case no matter how I'm dressed or what gender I'm presenting!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-22-2020 at 01:17 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Many have commented that no one looks at the name on the credit card anymore. My point, which perhaps I did not articulate very well, was that it was just a nice feeling to see my name on the envelope with my card and the name on my card. Just the fact that I have a card, document, etc. with my female name is one small step for me in my journey. To each their own.

A few weeks ago I mentioned this to my wife, I ordered a wig from a crossdressing store and I usally pay cash. She mentioned to me because of the Covid she wasn't exceptiing cash, only ViSA or Masrtcard. At that store I'm known to her as Maria and now if I wanted the wig I would have to give my identity of me or my wife. That other credit card would make life alittle easier. Just to let you know I put the wig on hold for now.

Banned Read only
    Angela,
    I do agree with that , most of my items now have Ms Terri ****** on the address label , all steps in the right direction .

I had cards in my name for years.
    Then Discover required the Social Security number of each authorized user so I dropped myself from that account. I still have one from Citi Bank that is a Master Card.

No one asks for ID with a CC anymore. Cards are swiped, inserted if you have a chip, or tapped if you have one that is RFID. We no longer hand them to the clerk (especially now under Covid) and they are not scrutinized. If the system returns authorization then the sale completes. The days of requiring ID with a CC are over.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Angela, I honestly don't see it as an issue of having my female name on my card..... I only have a debit card, no credit cards. Anyway, I went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant en femme last night and at that restaurant, you have to go over to the cash register yourself to pay. I paid with my debit card, my name even printed out on the receipt and there were no adverse reactions from the ladies at the front desk. LOL

Now, I usually draw out cash for going out to eat en femme, but I decided the heck with it this time.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Just keep in mind that some places will want to see an ID with your card that has a matching name.
    Who are these places, and where are they?

I rarely pay cash, everything goes on the credit card, and I mean everything. I carry cash for a snack from a gas station, but if it is over $10 it goes on the card. Between my wife and I we will have 200+ transactions in a month and not once has anyone asked for an ID, never happens.

Reality Check
    I have been asked to show an ID card when returning items for credit (to my credit card) at Ross. That was once, but it did happen to me.

Most often, I insert my credit card into a machine myself and the clerk never sees or touches it. More so with Covid.
    Krisi

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Interesting to hear what Citibank offers these days. Curious why it's so restrictive (no last name). I've had a second authorized user on my account at Citibank for 20 years. No one seems to care. If I had to show ID I could show the second credit card with the matching account number and the license to match that name. No one has ever asked. It is much more convenient to have my female name. Especially ordering on line. Card holder name and address are the same