Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ever Get Caught By Friend or Family

Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    One issue I have is that if you search pictures on your computer it will also show pictures from those files you keep separate from the picture album files. i have had one incident when searching through pics with a woman friend looking over my shoulder, a few of these showed up. I was scrolling through at a fast pace and the pictures were small but she must have noticed.
    If you just search for .jpg or .bmp or .png, EVERYTHING with those extensions on your computer will show up. I was doing a search to clean up some files and transfer them off the computer, and discovered a whole bunch of .... shall we say interesting stuff that I thought I had deleted. The "temp" folder seems to be a great catch-all for all kinds of stuff.

I've had people at the mall, bar, or restaurant say "I've seen you somewhere before" so who knows what sites they visit
    "the sex is in the HEEL"

Got caught when I was 12, I was with a girl friend and was dressed as a Girl Scout selling cookies door to door, several days later this this guy comes to my dads shop, seeing me there he said to my dad " how's your daughter the cookies were delicious ".

Almost got caught by my mom a couple of times when I was younger. It was always close but she never found out. Years later my wife caught me by finding a picture of me dressed on the computer. That was not a good day.

Not from any forums, but yes from Facebook. I keep a separate FB account for my femme side, which admits I am trans but does not mention or show images of my male identity. All the pictures and posts use my femme name and represent me as if I was living full time as a female now. My personal info page dmits I am still a male part-time, but again gives no details of my male life.

About three years back, when I was just starting my journey and had only recently started going out in public, one of my male' aspect's male gaming friends - who could have recognized my femme name as one I had used as a female gaming character in the past - tried once to do a Friend request to that female FB account. Most lilely he got one of those 'someone you may know' links from FB, recognized the name, and clicked it. I just declined the request, and he never mentioned it to me in person. But my presentation at the time wasn't that passable, and my female name was quite unique, so he probably knew - he just never admitted it, since I didn't acknowledge it.

About two years ago, my sister found my femme FB page the same way - via a 'someone you may know' link offered to her by Facebook. She eventually outed me to her husband and all four of her kids and their families. Her kids and their families all accepted my femme side. My sister is still 'processing it and trying to understand' - she is on a path to acceptance but needs time. Her husband will not accept me at all, and has since banned me from their home. (He never did like me, anyway.) Subsequent to me finding out that my sister and family knows now, I started posting pics that show my daughter with me on outings, though I still don't mention my daughter's name there, or have my daughter as a 'friend' on that FB account.

In person, a year and a half ago I had a family friend come to stay for a few days at my home. A woman I had known since childhood. She noticed my nail polish right away, and asked if I was trans. I simply admitted that I was, we discussed it, and she accepted completely, and shared that info with her husband, who also accepted me.

I guess I was about 8 when my parents came home and found me wearing a pair of my mom's boots (only in my underwear). I ran and locked myself in the downstairs bathroom, but finally had to come out and have "the talk" (after I got fully dressed). Move on to my teen years, and my mom found the stash I had hidden at my grandmother's house. After that I got to go to therapy. I don't remember what was said, but it obviously didn't take. I often wished I had sisters, but my parents just wanted one, so no siblings.

Bethany McCarty
    My sister outed me to my mom when I was 13 to avoid her getting in trouble. When she got grounded anyway my sister told my dads entire family and I still don't live that down. My mom was supportive and bought me my own clothes

I got caught by my mother finding my stashes a few times. I finally told her that they were mine and yes I do crossdress. But she wasnt happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayliedaskope View Post
    If you just search for .jpg or .bmp or .png, EVERYTHING with those extensions on your computer will show up. I was doing a search to clean up some files and transfer them off the computer, and discovered a whole bunch of .... shall we say interesting stuff that I thought I had deleted. The "temp" folder seems to be a great catch-all for all kinds of stuff.
    I tried that. Found lots of stuff I thought was deleted years ago!! Any way to get rid of it permanently?

I've never been caught, but I did have a texting conversation with a gay friend last night in which I told him that I wear my leggings or panties under my work clothes.
    His response was to ask me to come model them for him after work. I believe I may try to sometime if I can build up the nerve. I would really like to see how someone else views me when dressed.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Not via computer or websites, as I have immediately deleted almost all pix taken of Allison. They were done for immediate feedback, and after reading horror stories here, I don't think she will ever post a face pic.

I HAVE been indirectly caught as a kid, maybe 13 years old, when my mom would go on one of her random cleaning/snooping missions in our rooms (maybe the 700 Club persuaded her that all kids secretly hid drugs?). She found a stash of her panties but never saw me in them. I BS'd an excuse that I hid them so she would do laundry more often, as I was tired of running out of clean clothes.
    Life is too short to be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    I tried that. Found lots of stuff I thought was deleted years ago!! Any way to get rid of it permanently?
    Rhonda, there are some programs out there that will 'shred' the deleted files beyond any hope of recovery. Quite a few years ago, I recall using one that deleted and shredded files to government specifications (we're talking FBI/CIA specs), and then over-wrote the area where the files were with gibberish. Once you ran a file through that program, it was GONE.

"Gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday,
    gone like a soldier in the Civil War, bang bang.
    Gone like a '59 Cadillac.
    Like all the good things, she ain't never coming back.
    She's gone."
    -Montgomery Gentry, "Gone"

I believe Norton 360 and McAfee both have file shredders built into the software now, although I've had problems with McAfee before. I'm running a A/V program called ViPRE that seems pretty good,.
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 12-05-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Yes, and to this day, I deeply regret it.

About 8 yrs ago when I was married we had a cookout the weekend after the 4th of July.
    It was getting late and nearly everyone had left, except for a friend of my wifes. They were in the backyard having drinks and I figured she and her friend would be catching up for awhile, so I went in the house and was on the computer. I was emailing back and fourth with an admirer. Well, I heard someone behind me and turned around. There was my wife and she read and saw everything along with pictures of me.
    Needless to say, we had a huge fight and later after calming down, I told her all about me. The fact that I crossdressed, and thought I might be trans, but wasn't sure, and that I was bisexual. I told her that it was something that must have built up over time. ( I was this way before I was married but I thought it would "go away")
    Long story short, she divorced me, got the house, half my retirement and outed me to both her family and mine.
    That was long ago but I learned a valuable lesson and I regret it deeply
    I date men at the moment but will never be dishonest with anyone again.. The kicker?..My exwife is a fully out of the closet lesbian who now lives with a woman.

The most recent time was sending a pic of myself dressed to a friend of mine. Nothing was said, but he now knows about me. I posted about it on this forum a while back.

lol I was stupidly browsing my pics on my flash drive on my work computer and was caught by a female colleague, she was speechless at the time but there were others in the office at the time, I did speak to her later and tried to make out it was a few pics from our murder mystery nights where we dress up, I don't think she believed me but the important thing is that she kept it to herself as far as I know.

The other day I got sloppy and left my bag of jewelry out which was found by my wife. In the bag was my camara card with numerous pictures of me fully dressed. After getting cold shoulder for several days she questioned me with a simple note left on my nightstand last night asking me who knew and have pictures been shared. I replied with text message (had to go to work early) first that I was sorry for keeping this secret from her and lying to her I continued by explaining only she knows and no pictures shared. Told her I loved her more than anything in the world and hoped I didn’t ruin our marriage and life together. She replied that she loved me as well. Later I got a text from her telling me that she was thinking of me and loved me. So far so good. I’m keeping my spirits up that only good can become of this.

I haven't really been "caught," but I'm just careful when sharing information. My one friend knows that I've expressed interest in CDing, even encouraging me, while my other friend ended up finding my phone while I was busy and scrolled through some of my pictures while I looked like a girl. He was initially surprised that the girl was me then felt very uncomfortable. I then played it off as a joke and we haven't spoken about it since.