Thread: Wig in the wind.

Wig in the wind.

I sometimes take an evening drive and post letters, but haven't yet been out dressed during lockdown.
    Decided tonight to do so.
    New favourite dress, newish shoes, fully dolled up and feeling great.
    Step outside and found out what its like to have long hair in the wind.
    What a mess!
    Still, it was a new experience I suppose, and I can understand now why women get annoyed with their hair.

Kym

Platinum Member
    Hi Kym , Sorry but no one ever aid that being a lady was going to be easy, Just fun. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wear a hair band or tie your hair back away from your face.
    Thats what I do on a windy day.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-10-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Synthetic hair is never a match for wind. A hat can help. Pulling it back is not usually an option on most wigs.

I bet you loved every minute of it.

Kym, my wife always wears a wig and I have seen her almost loose it in a heavy wind.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

You are right, a heavy wind can make a quick mess of things. But, I love facing into a light spring breeze. Getting back into the car is a different matter with your hair obscuring your vision of the door lock.
    Last edited by BrendaPDX; 05-12-2020 at 11:49 AM. Reason: grammer

Silver Member
    Bobby pins do help. Also, if your wig and natural hair are the same general color, try this when you put on your wig: use a crochet needle, and come down through the wig and catch your own hair; then pull it up and thru the wig. Do this a number of times, and your wig will almost be locked down.

Platinum Member
    In days gone by many women wore scarf on their heads when it was windy. I rarely see head scarfs these days. I grew up in a Queens neighborhood that had many Catholic families. It was the custom of women to wear head coverings, hats or scarfs, to mass. Somewhere around the house is a bright red scarf I had bought decades ago. The only scarfs I see now are infinity scarfs.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    LOve the post, "Wig in the Wind!" Just sounds like reckless abandon behaviour.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Some wigs have combs in them at the front and rear to hold to your real hair.
    I pull some of my own hair thru the wig on the top to blend my own hair into it and that holds the wig on better as well.

Stephanie47, I also grew up in the Queens Borough of NYC, in the Polish enclave on the south side. We called them things "Babushkas". But yes, it was the norm then for all women wear a head cover for services, some were quite stylish....
    Last edited by JoanneNY; 05-11-2020 at 06:16 PM.
    Joanne

It's all part of who we are, enjoy it

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Life is ALL ABOUT learning, Kym. Consider yourself lucky! GG's with long hair have to do all that nonsense the girls posted above me here.

But, all u have to do is switch to a shorter wig!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It doesn?t look good if your wig cap or your own hair is revealed when the wind blows your wig hair up. I put my hand on my head to stop this and get inside as soon as possible. A hat helps of course!

And when the hat blows off?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I do remember a similar experience and it felt worse with the wind behind me but ok if i walked into it. I've always made sure I have brush in my handbag, never without it after that one

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    LOve the post, "Wig in the Wind!" Just sounds like reckless abandon behaviour.
    What was reckless? I hadn't realised it was that windy until I stepped out...
    Just thought people may be amused by it.

Lol, that’s why I like going out wearing a headband. It helps keep the wig in place a little and keeps hair off one’s face.
    Last edited by Patience; 05-29-2020 at 10:14 AM. Reason: My own reasons.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Kym,
    As you can see from my avatar my wig isn't long but evenso it does react very much like human hair , if a GG looks a mess well mine is going to look the same if we are out and about in the same weather conditions . The one thing I'm not fully aware of is how wet it's getting if it starts to rain , you also have to take care with pulling hoods up on jackets the wig can get displaced without realising it .

For all that I'm not complaining , I still prefer it .

I attempted to grow my hair out last year and a couple of years ago. The wind is the main reason I gave up on the idea twice. And having a wig blow off of one's head has to be very embarrassing!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Aspiring Member
    I rented a Mustang convertible in January last year in Phoenix. It was great fun but I was still untangling my wig in June.

My hair is long enough that I put it in a ponytail and wear a hat with a strap to hold it to my head.

Marion

Reminds me of a Bob Seger song.