Thread: Us older folks

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Us older folks

I see older guys out in public and I wonder why they are content with such a drab existence. I'm sure there's a level of comfort for them but, it's such a transformative experience for many of us when we emulate femininity. With the makeup, the clothing, the contouring. The change in demeanor and posture. I just feel and appear much more vibrant and youthful when I'm Carla. And, I just feel like this fabulous proclivity is a virtual fountain of youth. I think retirement communities should offer transformation services.

Any thoughts? Or am I just showing signs of dementia?

carla in the closet.JPG
    Carla in the Closet
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I feel the same way Carla its almost like turning the back the hands of time with the make up.
    Dementia? No I don't think so. Thinking outside the box maybe but crazy not at all.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Carly without a doubt doing my makeup does keep me young for sure.
    also makes me want to take care of my skin and body more

Carla, i just do not think that CDing is for every guy. Only a few of us wired for it.

Banned Read only
    I see many women out in public who are my age (69). Looking drab in the sense of lack of color, etc is not limited to old men who wear their belt up to their nipples. Yes, i love colorful print dresses, especially floral dresses. I love maxi summer dresses. Many women, just like guys, are comfortable in jeans and a tee shirt. You'll find my male self in cutoff jeans and a vee neck white tee shirt for comfort. Shoes are optional some times. I see some very attractive women in jeans and tee shirts. Darn, my wife always looked hot in cut offs and tee shirts!

I love my jeans and shorts by various makers. I express myself with graphic tees. I get a lot of nice comments when wearing the graphic tees. So does my wife when she wears her tees. The shirts usually make a statement of how I am feeling today. When I was still working I had to wear slacks, dress shoes, shirt and tie. There is not too much to express with a solid shirt and slacks, so I expressed myself with my ties. I had ties for different moods. If some of my clients only knew what my ties were really expressing, they'd be upset. Sometimes I think they would laugh, but, it was my way of expressing myself.

Makeup? Makeup really does not do anything for me. I do not need to hide my age. Yes, when en femme I do wear a wig otherwise someone may think i am recovering from chemotherapy, which is not a bad thing. But. Anyway, when your face shows your age, usually laying on the makeup like you're spackling a wall looks like.....your spackling a wall.

I figure my facial lines are lines of wisdom. I'll leave it to my graphic tees and floral dresses.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 07-03-2016 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling

I feel the same way Carla. The men around here look pretty drab and while at the VA.I saw a few gals, one strikingly pretty black lady in a bright yellow long dress with very high heels. she was very pretty. Then a Goth gal with green long hair and her boots, she looked pretty. The men looked all extremely drab. But summertime I see gals dressed up in nice heels and dresses.
    As we age, take a look at the girls where they show the decade. The over sixty crowd looks just as well as the twenty years old but they are not in mini skirts. I till flaunt a mini but they now come down to four inches above the knee and look more as a skirt than a mini and that may be proper for an aged lady. The over sixty crowd can look pretty well and flaunt what you have, because when we become decrepit then unfortunately time is gone.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    I won't exaggerate how many years I feel lose, I haven't done the boy/ girl thing in picture section yet, but just losing body hair in male mode makes your body look better. I keep trim by walking my dog twice a day but there's nothing to compare with being fully made up and dressed and slipping those heels on ! I seriously don't feel my age dressed, my avatar was only taken a week ago so what would I pass for ?

I totally agree with you and offer the senior members the chance of a make over, why not offer it to both genders and let them have a ball !
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-02-2016 at 02:54 AM.

I feel that many just dont care and that is reflective of their dressing pattern. Dont get me started on their attitude.

I have been thinking along the same lines lately, Carla. My non-accepting wife and I were out the other day in Hot Springs National Park enjoying a lunch. The old Bathouse Row area is very pedestrian friendly. We started people watching and we were making comments about the folks as they walked by. She is also aware of Heidi and occasionally expresses her displeasure. So as we watch, a lot of average American males over 50 are among the lot. I point out to her that her 60 year old husband, me, could be one of those overweight, unshaven lugs passing by in mismatched clothes a size or two too small. The majority of the guys around this part of the country are all sporting rough beards or goatees of grey hair, a beer belly and all trying to out macho their buddies with as many toys they can buy. I tell her that that could easily be me if I was a "regular" man.

That's the guys. Since I am transgender, I look at the ladies even closer. Now the ladies are a little better and show some pride in their appearance. But a lot of the ladies over 50, though neat, don't have much flair, they lack any style. Everything is the same colors, same design, same look. Ugg! I think one reason I have a reasonable easy time passing as Heidi is my clothes go with each other, they are neat and have some style elements in them, and my hair is neat. It's hard to believe that the ladies give up like they do. I know my clothes budget can't be much more than mine, I just take some time and find those nuggets among the fodder. Any lady out there could do this and those that do look great for their age. (My wife included )

So yeah, I see the bubbas my age out there and think, good lord that could be me! What an unexciting life and just going thru the motions before the big dirt nap! Not this girl, I'm so glad I'm like I am!
    Last edited by Heidi Stevens; 07-01-2016 at 03:12 PM.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Carla they just don't have a clue, but if you look in the men's section at any store the clothes are drab and boring even though of late the colors are improving and change takes time. Even though I dress more towards the femme side in my every day "outfits"(a term men do not use) it is a more youthful me I believe, but yet I am still a creature of habit and set in my ways.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

It does tend to empower a person somewhat. These days, however, I tend to come into my own in either mode. I've used the en femme mode as a vehicle for that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Most old guys don't have the stamina to do what we do. Frankly, it's a hell of a lot of work being a woman vs a guy.
    Last edited by Karren H; 07-01-2016 at 06:36 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    How about a retirement community that does any type of transformation service. So you always wanted to be a cowboy, then be one, Roy Rogers, or Dale Evans your choice. If you missed out on a dream when you were younger, then you can do it in your retirement.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U NAILED this one, Carla! When I'm out with other dressers I invariably think they r 10+ years younger than their chronological age! When they guess MY age they usually come up 15+ years younger!
    Having a fem figure helps.

What's really the cherry on Sherry's sundae, is when I'm out among young vanilla females on the dance floor. Unmasked, they think I'm in my 40's. Masked, no male or female yet has pegged me for over 30 something!

Oh! I'm 73!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-01-2016 at 08:01 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I find that I'm much more acceptable as a woman than as a man. When dressing, I am able to project a mature, but fashionable person capable of living a fuller llfe than when locked into a male person.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Well, all of your responses have been fabulous. I knew that others of you have noticed this dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    How about a retirement community that does any type of transformation service. So you always wanted to be a cowboy, then be one, Roy Rogers, or Dale Evans your choice. If you missed out on a dream when you were younger, then you can do it in your retirement.
    Oh my! A role play retirement community. Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    U NAILED this one, Carla! When I'm out with other dressers I invariably think they r 10+ years younger than their chronological age! When they guess MY age they usually come up 15+ years younger!
    Having a fem figure helps.

What's really the cherry on Sherry's sundae, is when I'm out among young vanilla females on the dance floor. Unmasked, they think I'm in my 40's. Masked, no male or female yet has pegged me for over 30 something!

Oh! I'm 73!
    Sherry, when I wrote this post, I certainly had you in mind. And, I get the same adulation when in male mode people swear that I'm lying about being 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine cd View Post
    I find that I'm much more acceptable as a woman than as a man. When dressing, I am able to project a mature, but fashionable person capable of living a fuller life than when locked into a male person.
    Janine, that's just perfect. I would love to live my life mostly female. Using male mode just as an occasional diversion.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Heidi, and Karren, I so agree! We live in a new dark age when it comes to persdonal care, and clothes, and when i see a GG over 50 that has real style, and hair not clipped off, I make a point of complimenting her , if nearby. I have noticed men in my age range usually are not looking very good. When i am dolled up, it purposely try to look like a 62 yo attractive woman, and when out, hope some see how classily dresses a senior lady can be. I ride my bicycles a lot, to stay trim, and do not eat a lot.

The fountain of youth is getting closer with stem cell research etc. And after that genetic engineering might offer hope of being able to transform entirely. But I guess in the mean time CDing will have to do and occasionally HRT etc. It seems that most men would look better as CDs. And like you say it can be rejuvenating.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"