Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where the hell.............

Where the hell.............

Like many others I have a stash, a hiding place for all my femme stuff. Okay there are odd items squirreled away in other more readily accessible locations but the bulk is in one place.

So I have two shapers but for the life of me I can't find where I've put them. I've searched all the usual places as well as a few less obvious ones but with no joy. I'm sure they'll turn up one day when I'm not looking for them but for now it's a mystery.

So have you ever put an item of your wardrobe in "a safe place" only to forget where that safe place is?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Sigh, yes. and there's also "Did I throw that away because it didn't fit? Or am I just not remembering where I put it?

That’s pretty a pretty common experience for everyone regardless of dressing, gender, or anything else. And it only gets more common as people get older.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nuts ,bolts and screws all have their place.
    Now guitar parts seems to be scattered in boxes and zip loc baggies in 2 big closets I have misplaced things before and found them after I bought replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I have misplaced things before and found them after I bought replacements.
    There’s no surer way to find the original than to buy a replacement.

hello Helen,
    yep - I am always forgetting where which safe place I put things in - the upside is that I can always go shopping again!
    luv J

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    The day I'm totally organised will possibly never happen ! I'm not sure i it is an age thing but time runs out and jobs do get shelved , I try not to get frustrated about it .

I must admit my clothes are slightly better organised , I have no excuse now I live alone and it's wonderful to have items to hand and not squirreled away . Going out full time has made me keep things in order because of planning what I'm going to wear and checking what needs to be washed before it's worn again . That is also the other big change, being to free to hang what I want on the clothes line .

I am getting to the stage where I have to think where my male items are .

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    Never happened to me, but my mom on the other hand mentioned that al the time....... seems she misplaced lingerie all the time.
    Just a run-of-the-mill underdressing CD

I'm still looking for a dress I bought last year and have only worn once. I ,too, have looked in all the possible hiding places but to no avail.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Never move ANYTHING to a new place!

Unless u place a note in that place where u moved the things to!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    Anything I've lost I found it eventually except for one case. Theft lol my exwife found my bra pads once and threw them away. She left for work and I dug them out and washed them then happily wore them before she got home lol she would throw away an outfit if she didn't like how it looked on me. Also I'm pretty sure my string top sparkly raiders camisole was stolen by an inlaw lol but whatever now I have an excuse to shop for a new one
    Live, laugh, love!

Ok so not clothes but I have a separate cell phone for stacy that I use when I go out...take pics make appointments etc. Wife doesn't know about phone and would be upset if she knew I was going out dressed. Anyway last week she hot up early and I was dressed and had phone in my bra. I turned it off and stashed it somewhere in house but cant remember oh boy

Has anyone seen my white longline bra? I too have put some things in boxes and bags since my nephew moved in. Other than that I've been living alone for years. I accumulated too much stuff (over the years) and take old things the Salvation Army once in a while. I haven't gone on an all out search mission for the bra yet.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Aspiring Member
    Yes, frequently, I put things in a safe place and then cant find them.

More often than I?d like to admit....A little frustrating, but fun rummaging around looking? One never knows what else one will find. Then, when you find whatever you?re looking for, you have to make a decision.

Banned Read only
    Micki,
    I had to smile at your reply , sorry nothing to do with clothes but more to do with tools . I was working in the attic and misplaced my claw hammer , searched and searched but no joy . Bought a new one , a few weeks later went back into the attic and knelt straight on top of the old claw hammer and gashed my knee !

Platinum Member
    I haven't misplaced any fem articles of clothing. They are all stuffed in 20+ Xerox boxes and one large one of my original purchases in my night stand. The issue is I really don't know what the heck I own anymore. I was buying so many dresses (162) that I was forced to create a word document to list all of the dresses by maker/label, description and size and keep a picture of the dress in a binder. But, which Xerox box is it in? That becomes a real problem when I want to get an ensemble together. I got the same problem with all sorts of collectibles and vintage toys stored in Xerox boxes. It's going to be a nightmare if I die before sorting through all this stuff. I need a drink!

good plan, Sherry. I'll do that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I haven't misplaced any fem articles of clothing. They are all stuffed in 20+ Xerox boxes...
    Xerox boxes are so useful, aren't they? They're just the right size for storing so many things in! Magazine collections, financial records... not too heavy to hump around, even filled with paper. Clothes too. And so very stackable!

Anyway I have the same problem, made worse because I live in a fairly big house crammed to the gills with junk of all kinds. So it's a huge problem finding things that were put away long ago. I'm a bit of a pack rat myself, but my sadly late wife was far worse; she rarely threw ANYTHING away. And when you've lived in the same house for thirty years, stuff piles up!

I freely forgive her for that, not least because she was so very accepting of Marianne, among her many other merits. In fact, she told me the daughter we'd longed for so much was "Marianne's baby." I was "dressed" the night we got pregnant. But what DID happen to that pretty blue blouse she gave me on my birthday 35 years ago, in the house before this one? And a few other things besides! That brown purse I liked so much because of its simple shape. That pendant, a replica of a seventh century Saxon design. Not to mention countless photographs and other "heirlooms" having nothing to do with crossdressing.

Ever since I was a kid reading mystery stories, I always wanted to live in a big house with a mysterious attic where kids (like me!) could go exploring, discovering long-forgotten objects from the past that intrigued them. In a way I got my wish. It's quite possible that after I'm dead--which I trust won't happen for MANY years yet!--my daughter, or possibly grandkids (who aren't here yet)--will be left with the job of sorting through the stuff in our family home, and making all kinds of exciting discoveries. "Hey, Bobby, just look at this!" But as the old saying goes: Be careful what you wish for! It may come true!

All those things I miss today, I know they're buried there somewhere. I have faith that one day they'll turn up--if I ever get around to sorting through all this junk myself. But will I? I don't know. In the meantime, I still wonder what happened to that dress I loved... and a whole load of other things besides! Good luck finding it!

Last summer I found a wedding I hid under the cellar stairs over thirty years ago.
    I cleaned it up and did a photo shoot.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I hear what you're saying Helen. It's one thing losing a hammer - you don't care who finds that. It's another thing misplacing something that you would not want anyone else to find in case it leads to awkward questions

I have learned the hard way that the safer I thought a place was the more likely it was to be inadvertently found. (Insert cat outing me story here) So for me, there are no more safe hiding places. Full disclosure and access does eliminate the nagging anxiety of being caught. The problem with no safe places is that my favorite dresses keep ending up in my wife?s closet...

Quote Originally Posted by Eemz View Post
    I hear what you're saying Helen. It's one thing losing a hammer - you don't care who finds that.
    Unless it's the police and they can match the fingerprints to you and the blood samples taken off it to the victim lol.

The thing that's bugging me about the shapers is I'd like to wear them in the near future.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I haven't misplaced any fem articles of clothing. They are all stuffed in 20+ Xerox boxes and one large one of my original purchases in my night stand. The issue is I really don't know what the heck I own anymore. I was buying so many dresses (162) that I was forced to create a word document to list all of the dresses by maker/label, description and size and keep a picture of the dress in a binder. But, which Xerox box is it in? That becomes a real problem when I want to get an ensemble together. I got the same problem with all sorts of collectibles and vintage toys stored in Xerox boxes. It's going to be a nightmare if I die before sorting through all this stuff. I need a drink!
    I have the same problem. I was thinking of creating a database, with description, picture and box number.

Even better, for those who remember the movie Clueless, Cher had an application that could display tops above bottoms for selecting an outfit.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Surely someone has designed an inexpensive mini-tracker !! Only one problem if they do make sure the wife doesn't find the handset instead !!